Code of Conduct

Default Bought and tested Jean Patou pour Homme Original.

I had the opportunity to buy an original Jean Patour Pour Homme for 200€ (Tester).

I find it similar with Aramis Tuscany.

Am I the only one that thinks so?

Default Re: Bought and tested Jean Patou pour Homme Original.

200 Euros isn't a good deal.

If anything I think its overcharging.

But if you think its worth it, then get it.

I was gifted a mini by a dear friend. I like it very much and use it sparingly.

for swap/sale:

I think it's a lot also, but I guess it depends on how badly a person wants it. It's a wonderful fragrance though.

(3040)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Temptation View Post
    I had the opportunity to buy an original Jean Patour Pour Homme for 200€ (Tester).

I find it similar with Aramis Tuscany.

Am I the only one that thinks so?
    I have the afterhave splash, and even if I'm not as olfactorily sharp as most of the people here, I do reconize a bit of Azzaro PH in there (and Tuscany is said to be somewhat similar to Azzaro)

although the effect of PPH AS is a lot more softer, cozier, more relaxed and "old school cool cat" to me, at least.
    LOWBROW TO THE CORE

If you are talking about vintage Patou Pour Homme and not the new release, I'm going to diasgree with the previous posters about the price.

Just a few years ago the asking price was $600-$1000, and some even sold for that amount. I haven't checked recently, but last year the price seemed to have dropped to around $300-$350.

Unless prices have changed within the last few months I don't believe 200 Euros is a bad price at all. That's about $270. With the very high prices many of the niche houses (and designers for their "special collections") are now charging, I don't understand how paying this much for a rare and highly esteemed vintage fragrance can be considered a bad deal.

I wouldn't sell another bottle for less than $600-$700. Years, maybe sooner, it will require $2,000 to acquire a new bottle in good condition.

Those are both good fragrances, but vintage Patou pour Homme doesn't smell like Azzaro pour Homme or Tuscany.
    Last edited by pluran; 15th January 2014 at 05:03 AM.

Noggs, it's probably a good deal compared to what you say it went for previously.

I'm saying I don't find it worth €200.

for swap/sale:

I think the price is reasonable (though not a bargain), particularly given recent feedback on the (fairly expensive) reissue not really being an acceptable substitute for the original.
    Last edited by StewartGallacher; 15th January 2014 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Noggs, it's probably a good deal compared to what you say it went for previously.

I'm saying I don't find it worth €200.
    Understood. I cringe when anything gets over $200, but do have a few that are $300+. Difficult to justfy unless I really love the stuff.