Code of Conduct

Default Best High School Cologne

I'm looking for an affordable, but good smelling/long lasting cologne.
    In my "collection" now i have,
    Reaction-Kenneth Cole
    Curve Crush- Liz Claiborne
    HM- Hanae Mori
    Thallium- Jacques Evard
    Villian- Ed Hardy
    Moves- Adidas

I want to expand my little collection going on here the most i possibly can. So i need recommendations/suggestions of cologne that would be most suitable for a high school student. I've looked into Nautica-Voyage, Aeropostale-A87 and Ed Hardy-Love and Luck and I'm thinking about getting these three as well because of the good reviews and the prices. Is there any other men's fragrances that top the ones i have/are maybe going to get and are relatively cheap. No more than $40? Any help would be appreciated thank you!

Default Re: Best High School Cologne

I used to love Cool Water in high school. L'Eau d'Issey by Issey Miyake as well (still do actually). Of those I haven't tried, I hear Abercrombie and Fitch's Fierce is a big hit for your age group.

Midnight in Paris EDP (<$40 for 4.2oz from fragrancenet)
    Mont Blanc Individuel

There's a bunch of other good cheapies, but these two are long lasting and should be unique for a high schooler.

Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    Midnight in Paris EDP (<$40 for 4.2oz from fragrancenet)
    Mont Blanc Individuel

There's a bunch of other good cheapies, but these two are long lasting and should be unique for a high schooler.
    I own MiP and really enjoy it (great deal on fragrancenet too). Keep in mind it is very "metro." You have to be willing to embrace the unisex, leathery, tonka, smooth, dark vibe it gives off. It would definitely be a head turner amongst your peers, but its not something I would wear to class (I use it strictly for nights) but that's up to you. If you go that route go easy on the sprays as the EDP is very strong.

Individuel gets rave reviews, but I actually didn't like it on me very much (just not in tune with my style and personality) so I gave it away. That's just my experience though as I think its definitely distinctive and is well-respected for a reason.

Original Curve. Moschino Uomo.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Allure Blanche

Acqua di Gio

(3043)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I would have recommended both Love & Luck and Voyage, even before reading this. Both are very inexpensive, Voyage has great longevity, and anyone, any age can wear it. I would also recommend Guess Seductive Blue. This one is more like the very popular La Nuit de L'homme, except it's a bit lighter, and less spicy, which will make it quite appropriate for your age. Women love it too.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Michael Jordan Legend. Inexpensive gourmand that actually smells pretty good for the price.

Abercrombie & Fitch "Fierce" ...the official high School frag!!!
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

I'll have to check alot of them out! Thanks guys

Acqua di Gio...good times

Another for AdG, and Curve maybe Paris Hilton Heir (have gotten a few compliments from "young ones" on that one) also agree 100% on the MJ Legend the regular Michael Jordan is good too so is the MJ Flight - but it's pretty fleeting, 7-8 sprays can get you 4-5 good hours though

Eternity by CK
    CK One
    Cerruti 1881

Agree AdG is probably a 'classic' High School frag

+1 on MJ Legend

Other cheapies to check out, most are $20-$30 on Fragrancenet, some even less:

Jovan Sex Appeal - Cheesy name but smells great. Spicy aromatic. $12
    Adidas Sport Field - Another spicy aromatic. The best of Adidas.
    Lolita Lempica L'eau Au Masculin - Toned down and more wearable than the original Au Masculin but similar DNA.
    Cigar Commander - Very underrated tobacco scent. Maybe not for high school but it's only $15.
    CK One Shock for Men- The best from Calvin Klein, spicy oriental.
    Lalique White - Fresh citrus, much better than awful aquatics for summer.
    Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Barts - Tequila and lime, like spilling a margarita on yourself. Beats the tar out of Nautica Voyage. Another one for summer.

CK One was my go to every day scent all through high school and most of college.

Under $40 is tough, since it eliminates the Chanels, Armanis, etc.

But I do think Nautica Voyage is a great choice.

Also, Perry Ellis 360 Red (similar to AdG at a much lower price).

Clinique Happy and Kenneth Cole Black would be the rest of my recommendations.

Among other great recommendations I will throw in Chrome by Azzaro. I'm willing to bet no one else in your school wears it. It is extremely long lasting, has formidable sillage, smells fresh, and is surprisingly cheap and easy to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    KCCO!

Thanks guys. Ck one and tommy bahama set sail sound the most interesting to me. I think my dad has mj legend too so il try that out! Kenneth cole black i tried out on paper and it was good so i might have to try that one on my skin. They all sound great. Id probaly go over 40 if it is really worth it.Acqua di Gio and Chrome are very popular in my school so those are a no!

Ck one & Chrome smell very similar if not identical. Maybe try Le Male or YSL L'Homme.

KCCO!

Very nice list you have going so far, I own and enjoy most of those as well. I would look into getting Diesel Plus Plus which can be found for $15 for a 2.5oz. It's a very nice sweet/creamy "young" scent and a steal for the $'s!(I like it so much I have two bottles)

Rochas Man -- $20 at TJ Maxx/Marshalls

Do close sprays (1-2 inches away from your skin) to make it last longer.

Does Tj Maxx/Marshalls have an okay selection of fragrances?

Quote Originally Posted by notacologneexpert View Post
    Just depends where you live really. My Tj Maxx is pretty bare on fragrances right now, but Marshalls has quite a few there. Definitely check them out though! If you're lucky, you will find some fantastic deals
    "All the best perfumes in history have something that smells like garbage in them; that's what keeps drawing you back."

Ya it really depends on where you live, and when you go there. They always have the best selection around Christmas. Now is still a good time to shop there though imo, usually up till March or April, the stock wears thin.. Summer.. you can forget about finding anything good. Ross tends to have a better year round collection, I recommend you check them out if you have one in your area.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

TJ Maxx, Marshalls and Ross all have apparently random selections of fragrances. Recently I have seen MJ Legend, Tommy Bahama St. Barts and CK One Shock there, along with a $29 bottle of A*men Pure Leather. They also have piles of awful crap like Polo Club and Nautica Blue.

They usually do but you cant test them and you can often find what they have for cheaper online. To test these suggestions you are going to have to find a local, independent perfume shop or someplace like Perfumania. Be careful of the places that try to sell you some off brand when you ask for a specific frag. They always tell you that the garbage they show you smells "exactly like" what you ask for. Liars.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Mont Blanc Legend is worth a try.

Also another question. Is Perfumania a reliable website to buy from?

Also another question. Is Perfumania a reliable website to buy from?
    Yes, completely

Be different and walk over to L' occitan in any large mall and pick up a bottle of Eau Des Baux....It's fantastic and "different" from the rest of the pack, if you know what I mean....Its now one of my most complimented fragrance...You should be able to get some for 40 dollars maybe a little higher...Might be 50 bucks....But it is SOOOO worth it! Excellent longevity, sillage and scent...One of my faves...

Banned
    Blog Entries

360 Red and White
    Nautica Voyage
    MJ Legend
    Chrome Legend

I've got a lot of testing out to do! Thanks everyone. Ive been looking around on here and saw that someone said Bogart Pour Homme and Gendarme are fantastic scents. Are they too mature for the high school age, or just right?

I've got a lot of testing out to do! Thanks everyone. Ive been looking around on here and saw that someone said Bogart Pour Homme and Gendarme are fantastic scents. Are they too mature for the high school age, or just right?
    I happen to love gendarme. It smells like clothing that has been freshly removed from the dryer. Very inoffensive but; however, it will not get you noticed.
    On a good note, you can spray all you want on and it will never be too much. You will just smell super clean, like you just showered, and it is inexpensive. Great after gym scent.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    I happen to love gendarme. It smells like clothing that has been freshly removed from the dryer. Very inoffensive but; however, it will not get you noticed.
    On a good note, you can spray all you want on and it will never be too much. You will just smell super clean, like you just showered, and it is inexpensive. Great after gym scent.

Agreed ! Doesnt last too long though but I would even buy this scent blind....Its very safe