Code of Conduct

Default S.O.T.D. - Wednesday, 15 January, 2014.

Hi everyone - have a great day & wishing 'get wells' to all 'bug' sufferers!

Ayoon Al Maha attar- Amouage.

Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Wednesday, 15 January, 2014.

Good Morning,

A liberal application of Ungaro II today. Oh, civet ! How do I love thee ? Let me count the ways: Jicky, Mouchoir de Monsieur, Ungaro II...

Best to everyone.

Morning folks

I've gone dark and a bit funky with Mitsouko PdT - one blast (and I do mean blast) for now, and will see how it goes! I have a meeting a little later and need to tread carefully ...

Smelling good, G! ^^ This one has started attracting my attention recently. Further research required!

Basenotes Plus

Good morning all. One or two Wolfie worries today . Hoping for an update .

Heeley Sel Marin.

Hello folks,
    Vol de Nuit, 2011 Extrait for me today.
    Best to all

Kabul Aoud by Montale

(3041)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Scentless for two days in a row, due to a bug that first played with my belly, now with my nose/throat ! It's fun to read you, however!
    Best to all
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Thumbs up Re: S.O.T.D. - Wednesday, 15 January, 2014.

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Hello all,
    vintage (1995) EDP

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone, Balmain Ambre Gris for me today. Lovely, warm and yummy. From the Balmain website:

Head notes: Pink Berries, Sage
    Heart notes: Tuberose, Frangipani, Myrrh Essence, Incense
    Base notes: Grey Amber Infusion, Benzoin, Tonka Beans, Cedarwood

Best to those ailing and a goid day to all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Absolutely serious, got a flu here, staying away from the computer screen. The medication our doctor figured out does not treat the cause, only signs and symptoms, and costs $162 for 5 days. Here goes another bottle of fumes. Mr.T got it too. I am over the hill though, I think.

Hello all. Lolita Lempicka edp original.
    DONNA

(((Twolf))) hope you and Mr.T get better soon.
    $25 or less clearance sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/390...othing-over-25!!

"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us." Rom. 8:18

Oh poor Wolfie! All the very best for a speedy recovery!
    I will settle with some Mouchoir de Monsieur tonight - for food shopping and the sorts. I'm the most glamorous shopper around...

Hope you feel better soon iodine and twolf. Take care of yourselves.

Huitieme Art Parfums Naiviris today, from a sample a lovely BNer sent me.

Rive Gauche

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Sampling Fumidus Profumum this morning
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Today it's Nectarine Blossom and Honey layered with Saffron Intense Cologne, both by Jo Malone.

Quote Originally Posted by saminlondon View Post
    Smelling good, G! ^^ This one has started attracting my attention recently. Further research required!
    Merci, cher Sam.
    Ungaro II is the Poor Man's Jicky: it's built around the same citrus / lavender / vanilla / civet structure, but lacks the finesse of the Guerlains. Still, the civet is *very* prominent and I like it enough to have stockpiled several bottles. It is discontinued, but a couple of years ago there were plenty of bottles available on ebay. PM me if you'd like a sample.

Get better soon, iodine, Wolfie and Mr. Twolf!!! And anyone else who happens to be feeling under the weather...

After yesterday's La Fille de Berlin, I was all set to wear Lutens Fille en Aiguilles today, but was running late and couldn't put my hands on it quickly.

S'okay, though, I still smell gorgeous (IMHO) in Guerlain Bois d'Armenie. And the touch of Molton Brown Pink Pepperpod body lotion doesn't hurt the overall vibe one bit. SO nice when that works out!

Bois d’Armenie notes: Incense, iris, pink pepper, gaiac wood, coriander leaves, copahu balm, patchouli, white musk.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Basenotes Institution

TWolf - so sorry you & the mister are flu-ing. ((bear hugs))
    kbe - I love Fumidus, there's nothing else quite like it.
    Trilby Lark (I love your screen name) I absolutely adore Nectarine Blossom & Honey. One of my favorite JM's.

All this civet talk got me itching to wear some Jicky, which I haven't worn in quite some time. Getting reacquainted with it is like spending time with an old family friend, and forgetting how much fun you and her have together. I love this stuff. I imagine I will always have it (and Shalimar) in my wardrobe.

Jicky (vintage Parfum de Toilette) + a dash of vintage Shalimar extrait by Guerlain

Got caught in a **serious** traffic jam on the way to work. A trip which normally takes me about 10 minutes took one hour! People in Miami, when there's a traffic jam, get a little crazy also. I mean they really get worked up sitting in their cars. It's quite hilarious. I listened to an entire album in the car (what else am I gonna do?) and got caught up on my text messages. Sunny day. Rained last night. Should be an easy going day. Might have a dinner date tonight with a new guy I met last weekend. Wish me luck.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Hope everyone will feel better soon. Foggy and dreary in Philadelphia today.

Burberry for Women (London)

Betsy
    Items in my wardrobe not in the fragrance directory:
    Exhilarators (Elizabeth Arden Bath and Body Spa from 1980's - no relation to Sun Flowers )
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

Balmain de Balmain again...

All the best to the flu victims, one gram of vitamin C per hour, or as much as you need (which is until the symptoms go away). When I was very very sick with a really nasty flu it took 1 gram every 20 minutes for a day, but the painful throat, and snot dripping from my nose went away and I felt almost normal.
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

www.aafke-art.com

Quote Originally Posted by Trilby Lark View Post
    Today it's Nectarine Blossom and Honey layered with Saffron Intense Cologne, both by Jo Malone.
    Oh my, you smell amazing!

Quick healing wish for those of you suffering with the creeping crud! And warm soup as well!

I'm in Keiko Mecheri Ume today

It's cold out, wearing Yatagan to warm me up.

Joining the chorus of get-well-soons for Twolf, Mr. Twolf, jujy, iodine, and anyone else suffering from the flu or a cold.

Mike, you don't need luck -- he got lucky in meeting you! I do wish him the great good sense to call you

I set a new record this year -- I started wishing for spring the earliest ever for me: January 6th. I'm definitely craving my "early spring" (hahahahaha) florals, too. I'm wearing YSL Cinema today.

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone! I was to have a doctor appointment today, but the nurse called and said it's snowing so heavy there, I should reschedule. I was almost half way there, but I was glad she let me know, I don't like driving in storms. Tomorrow we're expecting a blizzard, with freezing rain, snow and wind, just hope the power stays on.

T, Mr. T and Iodine, I hope you are all on the mend soon!

Trilby Lark, I agree with Danieq, the combination of Nectarine Blossom & Honey and Saffron Intense Cologne would be heavenly.

Wearing Elizabeth Arden Provocative Woman this afternoon.

Have a good afternoon!

Blog Entries

Feel better soon, iodine & the Twolves!

Mike, good luck with your date!

l was scent twins with dear ExtremeK in Cinema today; longing for spring here, too! This evening l'm wearing Alien Essence Absolue. l usually save this one for nights out, but it's nice to enjoy its almondy, oriental goodness at home for a change.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

I'm counteracting all of our winter dreariness today with a spritz of the fabulous spiciness and warm roses of Aqaba (that I picked up for a song on Ebay because it was misspelled!).

I consider myself lucky not to have any of the various viruses that seem to be doing the rounds at the moment, and even more lucky to live somewhere that's not either frozen, under snow or flooded, like so many other people around the northern hemisphere are at the moment.
    'I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal.'

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

That's a bit of heaven, that is.

Good gracious, Wolfies. Sorry the lurg attacked you. Iodine, wish you were feeling better, too. Have heard many a woe recently. My dearest friend developed shingles all over her face—very painful and disfiguring. The pseudo-fiance (long story) of my other dear friend went head first down some stairs last night and is hospitalized. Over the weekend, a young man committed suicide by jumping into the quarry next door. Be grateful for all that isn't plaguing us, I say.

Loved the bra contributions from yesters. Jon can be counted on to find the best images. FrouFrou saved the day with the news about being able to order new underwires.

Gotta go … wearing Bel Respiro again.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Good morning everyone - greetings from Melbourne!

We're getting ready for Day 4 of exciting, world-class tennis at the Australian Open, but I thought I'd check in and see what y'all are up to. It's pretty cool here at the moment, but it's going to be *extremely* hot again today. It got to 107° yesterday, and we're expecting it to get even hotter today, 111° or so ...I can only imagine how brutal it is on court. Seriously, people have been passing out, and plastic bottles were literally melting on court yesterday - that's hot! Still not one to complain about the heat though, I'd much rather be here than in a blizzard (you be careful, Kiliwia!) And of course I came prepared with all my favorite fragrances for hot summer days. I was twinned with Quarry for my run in Bel Respiro, but I think this afternoon's heat is going to require my freshest, brightest and most refreshing of all, Chanel Cristalle Eau Verte ...that's cool!

Nice chatting with y'all - have a wonderful day!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Basenotes Plus

Don't envy you those temperatures Mrs E - go carefully.

All the very best to Wolfie and Mr T for a speedy recovery.

SotE - Creed Acier Aluminium.

Basenotes Plus

Speedy recovery to Mr. & Mrs. T and hugs to them that needs them. (So sad Mrs. Q about the suicide

Many of our 106 residents in assisted living & memory care have a nasty gastro intestinal bug that had all of us on high alert. These poor people are so vulnerable; it's pretty scary when a bug like this runs through the community like wildfire.

I have my Lysol wipes, hand sanitizer & a special essential oil blend I made based on the old "Thieves" recipe used during the Black Plague. I'll be running my desktop aromatherapy diffuser tomorrow, just to be on the safe side.

Also, I have made the decision to participate in Advocare's 24 Day Challenge. It's a structured weight loss system. I'm on day three & having fabulous results. At the end of the challenge, I'll let you know how I did.

SOTD was FM's Une Rose, until I got to work & sprayed my own antiviral "perfume". Smelled pretty good too!
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

bleu autumn haze

I'm wearing Sweet Redemption today.

Get well soon, iodine and the Twolfs!

Oh Jon! I wish that were my backyard <dreamy sigh>

hugs to all ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Basenotes Institution

Thanks for the kind comments ladies. Well the 'date' got postponed by me (I'd rather not get into it), but hopefully we'll see each other soon. Spent the evening at home, balancing the checkbook, cooking dinner and now I'm going to dive back into my new novel I bought on Saturday ('NW' by Zadie Smith) since my friend who I was going to Face Time with seems to be off-line.

I was in a Hermes & iris mood tonight and since I don't own (or like) Hiris it was (from a sample from Larimar):

Hermessnce Paprika Brasil by Hermes

I love this stuff. I usually wear it in Summer and yet tonight it feels very perfect. More and more, I see this as a great go-to iris scent. It's got a little more pizazz than the Prada Infusion's and it's got that salty-olive thing going on that I love.

I think I'm going to have some lemon gelato, fig cake & blueberries for dessert. I'm feeling Mediterranean.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 16th January 2014 at 01:21 AM.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Sampling Aroma M Geisha Noire tonight
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon