Code of Conduct

Default Wearing Invasion Barbare for the First Time in many Months....

I can safely say, it doesn't get much better than this.

I started neglecting my bottle when I realized it was getting low.

Never again.

But taking a break from it has certainly put things in perspective. Having sampled and acquired many top notch frags since then, this one still comes out on top.

A champion for sure.

Default Re: Wearing Invasion Barbare for the First Time in many Months....

I'm glad you loving this frag with an intense barbershop Vibe !! Enjoy
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Definitely agree. I have a few samples that equal out to 24mL and I am always hesitant to wear it, but when I do I really remember why I hold off for special occasions and such. It is just awesome. This and Chypre Palatin are both on my list of best fragrances.
    Fragrance blog being actively updated weekly (hopefully)!: http://moteperfumery.blogspot.com/

Check out a fun little thread I made if you don't know what to wear today: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/384264-Pick-another-member-s-SOTD-(Game)

It's simply a wonderful fragrance IMO.

(3047)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

The first few minutes are a little weird IMO but then it calms down and becomes something remarkable. This is one of those that gets better the longer I wear it and the longevity is over twelve hours on the skin. On clothes it lasts for days.

It's of my favorite fragrances for work and is heavy in my rotation. Smells fantastic and good performance. As a side note I had my wife blind test and smell this on one wrist and 1725 Casanova on the other. She literally without hesitation pointed to the IB wrist and said it smelled like much higher quality than the other wrist - her words.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

I wore CP for the first time in about a month recently and I realised, by comparison, what crap I had been wearing before

Let´s see how IB and CP will be reformulated in the future...

Basenotes Junkie

I tend to forget just how magnificent this fragrance is. Then I put it on and I just bask in the glory of the perfume, pretty much. I've been using a sample bought from MDCI and finally pulled the trigger on a full bottle while visiting London early this january. I can't recommend it enough, and I am just in love with this fragrance. It's just so god damn good. If you haven't sampled it, please - for the love of all fragrances - DO!

When I first bought it, I was so excited by its magnificence that I was doling out free samples left and right, because I just wanted other people to sniff it. That was sort of a mistake. The bottle went a lot quicker than usual (and most people are ingrates ) I hope this stuff never gets reformulated.

Maybe a backup is in order?

Anyway, I still have not tried Chypre Palatin. It's one of a few I'm holding off on. I thought Ambre Topkapi was good, but something about it didn't sit right with me. It also gave me a headache.

But IB, I put it on 8 hours ago and it's still humming along, and I've been catching wafts all day.
    Last edited by Buysblind; 15th January 2014 at 06:09 PM.

IB was reformulated once in 2010 (Thank you, IFRA)..

But the reformulation was successful.

I had the first version of IB (bought in 2007) and my current sample (from 2012).

They smell really 99,9% similar.

But I am just curious how IFRA impacts on this house.

I really love, adore and respect MDCI and Mr. Marchal is a gentleman and really polite.

But when I have to spend over 200€ for a perfume, then I have to think more than twice....

I think I will pass this time.

Don´t buy CP blind. Although CP is well composed, I hate it.

It is too sweet and just a wannabe classic scent (Sorry, Mr. Marchal).

I just wore my decant of IB to a Christmas Party the other day. I smelled my tie the next day and was in heaven all over again! I agree that it is one FINE fragrance. Especially the drydown. It is the only fragrance I own that gets a special moment of recognition while im applying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    When I first bought it, I was so excited by its magnificence that I was doling out free samples left and right, because I just wanted other people to sniff it. That was sort of a mistake. The bottle went a lot quicker than usual (and most people are ingrates ) I hope this stuff never gets reformulated.

Maybe a backup is in order?

Anyway, I still have not tried Chypre Palatin. It's one of a few I'm holding off on. I thought Ambre Topkapi was good, but something about it didn't sit right with me. It also gave me a headache.

But IB, I put it on 8 hours ago and it's still humming along, and I've been catching wafts all day.
    Do yourself a favor Buysblind and try out Chypre Palatin. At first I was not crazy about it, but now it is one of my all time favorites. It is truly a masterpiece.
    Fragrance blog being actively updated weekly (hopefully)!: http://moteperfumery.blogspot.com/

Check out a fun little thread I made if you don't know what to wear today: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/384264-Pick-another-member-s-SOTD-(Game)

I sampled this twice over two days while visiting the local niche shop. It's a great smell, but almost... to safe. It's great for interviews, church, the office. I was looking for something a little more stand-out, and a little more daring, but then again, I may need to go back and remind myself why it was in my final four!

Basenotes Plus

I just got my sample about a week ago. I loved it but also thought it was a little safe albeit beautiful, sort of like New York. No final conclusion yet though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basenotes Plus

I think a key point with IB for me is to use just one spray. I can really appreciate the subtlties better with less on.

Love the IB
    but as for CP,
    its not for me

I love IB. Definitely one of my all-time favorite fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by Awakening950 View Post
    The first few minutes are a little weird IMO but then it calms down and becomes something remarkable. This is one of those that gets better the longer I wear it and the longevity is over twelve hours on the skin. On clothes it lasts for days.
    I'm the opposite. I decided to get a nice sized decant after reading that IB shared some similarities with Le Male, I enjoy the initial cool powder aspect, but as it begins to dry down it becomes overbearingly chokey.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanHD View Post
    I think a key point with IB for me is to use just one spray. I can really appreciate the subtlties better with less on.
    No matter how lightly I apply IB, and I know this is BN's blasphemy, it is just too strong.

Smell like a barbarian?

Quote Originally Posted by Vetiver_Ind View Post
    Smell like a barbarian?

Fortunately not!

Quote Originally Posted by Vetiver_Ind View Post
    Smell like a barbarian?
    Like a barber.

IB is the reference modern barbershop perfume!

Basenotes Plus

I think my main problem with IB is in the middle phase. It stays pretty one dimensional for quite a while, then finally into a fantastic base. I'd love a little more zing in the middle, maybe a floral note. Any recommendations on an alternative?

Amazing juice, I think I will have to wear this tomorrow
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

This fragrance has one of the best dry downs ever.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post

Fortunately not!
    You're thinking of MKK

Absolutely love it!

Divine.

Tried this recently. Beautiful scent. It does remind me of HdP 1725, though.

I bought a 5 mL sample of this some time back and to me it smelt like cheap shaving cream. I don't shave but it reminds me of the kind of smell that lingers in the washroom after my dad shaved. Really can't have that on me. Nauseating.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by CaliDude View Post
    This fragrance has one of the best dry downs ever.
    I totally agree, and absolutely best next day drydown for me, waking up to bliss..

How many sprays do you guys use?