Code of Conduct

Default Revisting scents you once had, good idea, bad idea or what?

Well, thinking I want a new scent or three. I have had the following scents and dont know if I should get them again:

1) Piper Nigrum - loved it in winter and fall, early spring. Only thing is that I am reading that it is in a new, clear bottle, and does not last. if so, bummer. Then again, sometimes it is creamy delicious, sometimes that pepper just hits you the wrong way.

2) Sartorial - retro old barbershop without being old-mannish. Interesting metallic notes. Cant recall if this one lasted and if it worked in spring and summer

3) Red Vetyver - loved it when I had the extra concentration bottle from the Paris shop. Lasted, projected, spicy, what I loved. Then a bottle from Fragancenet was not that strong. Undecided if I cant be assured I get the longlasting version

4) Terre d'Hermes - I go back and forth on this. Great reviews, but if I compare it to Red Vetyver, I prefer RV. But on its own, is it good all year round? Parfum or EDT if I want to get close to the hit i get from Red Vetyver

5) Acqua di Parma - the old Colonia vs. Assoluta vs. Essenza dilemna. Essenza has that white floral and probably lasted and projected the best, but the Colonia moves me. Sometimes in summer, it has its second legs when body sweat reinvigorates it.

I know I need a summer and spring scent, as I have Coromandel for winter and fall. GIT and LDDM is year round on me.

I am thinking that with issues on Piper and RV, that it is a Terre d'Hermes, Sartorial and an AdP, and which two of those three eludes me.

Default Re: Revisting scents you once had, good idea, bad idea or what?

While I like the perfumes on your list, I am not a huge fan of any. My favorite would be AdP assoluta, which I prefer to the colonia because it has some nice green facets (essenza would be the third for me).

However, for the heat (I live in DC, which is not Memphis, but it gets warm too), I am drawn to vetivers, though I prefer others to Red Vetyver (eg Sycomore, Vetiver Extraordinaire, Dior, Lubin, Goutal).

cacio

The ones on your list that I own and enjoy are Terre D'Hermes & Red Vetyver.

(3048)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Tried a sample of Red Vetyver the other day. It's a dead ringer for TDH. Great scent! I feel that way about Nautica Voyage. But for the price, might as well purchase another one.

For me it's mostly a bad idea. I usually quit wearing them for a reason, and when I revisit them, it just becomes glaringly obvious as to why I sold or swapped them. I wish I would follow my own advice. The best strategy for me is to stay away from them after I have left them.

Depends on how much you like them I suppose and whether they have been tampered with.

I purchased another bottle of Santal Noble last week and it's definitely not as rich as the original, but still very good

Why not sample something new and branch out a bit?

I can't say whether you should buy any scents you've previously owned or not. Really, only you can know how much you enjoyed them.... but ...revisiting past loves can be a good thing. It gives you a chance to see how much your taste has evolved since then. You might find that you love one of those scents even more today, or maybe you'll decide you can do better. Only you can know, but it's sure fun to find out.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam