Code of Conduct

Default S.O.T.D. - Thursday, 16 January, 2014.

Hi everyone - have a super day!

Exultat - Maria Candida Gentile - sampling.

Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Thursday, 16 January, 2014.

Morning people!

Healing vibes to all those suffering from seasonal lurgy. That includes me, by the way, though I can still smell, which is some consolation.

Don't tell anyone at no. 68, but I've gone for Eau d'Hermes today. A change is as good as a rest.

Hello all,

Oud Malaki by Chopard

(3061)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Morning All,

L'Heure Fougueuse for me today.

Best to all, especially those under the weather.

Lightbulb Re: S.O.T.D. - Thursday, 16 January, 2014.

Hello from Bali, hope all of you feeling poorly get better soon. Sending you a bit of sunshine and heat from the tropics but not the intense Aussie summer kind which is brutal.

I must be only female to have avoided errant underwire issues, knock on wood. You gals are hilarious.

A pic for my fragrant drinking buddies Mojito, the gorgeous hotel and daybed on the oceans edge where I'm spending much of my days.

In a combination of Une Fleur de Cassie, jasmine massage oil and a plume of frangipani (tucked into my messy beach hair).

Last edited by Xscent; 16th January 2014 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Too many Mojitos!
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Hello, its Comme des garcons Stephen Jones for me today.

Quote Originally Posted by saminlondon View Post
    Morning people!

Don't tell anyone at no. 68, but I've gone for Eau d'Hermes today. A change is as good as a rest.

Good morning and thanks everybody for the wishes. I'm feeling better, and I hope the same for everybody else suffering.

SotD is Etro Sandalo, my Christmas present to my loved one: I need to retest it on my own skin, where it doesn't make wonders, while on my loved one's does.... I guess it's my usually higher body temperature that moves more quickly the base notes and pushes forward cedarwood too soon...
    A gorgeous fragrance, anyway, I must edit my review!

Best to all, heal soon to whom it may concern and enjoy your holiday Xscent!
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Blog Entries

Xscent, that looks just dreamy...

Evangeline, glad you're having a good time, too. Stay cool!

Wearing Champagne de Bois today, & waiting for the man to come & fix the fence that blew down in the storms.

Have a good day, & get well all those who need to!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus

Loving the beautiful photos!

Balenciaga Cristobal for me today.

Best to all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Sampling Les Parfums Historiques George Sand on a chilly SE Florida morning
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Thumbs up Re: S.O.T.D. - Thursday, 16 January, 2014.

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Xscent - Well, Bali doesn't look at all unpleasant Thanks for the photos, and especially the mojito! If you could just move it a bit closer ...

Basenotes Plus

Good afternoon all !. Mrs E, sorry your entertainment has been temporarily curtailed in Melbourne but I really think it was the humane thing to do. I can't imagine even breathing in 40 degree heat, never mind playing tennis.

Glad you are feeling better iodine, hoping Wolfie and Mr T are showing similar improvement.

SotD is Bogner Deep Forest.

Nice digs, XScent

We have some nice travels going, Xscent and Evangeline! Thanks for the lovely pics, Xscent! Now Mojito is a summer favorite here. Smelling good also in my Malle fave (sprayed I assume? nevertheless ).
    Sous le Vent. It feels like early spring here... may it continue for good!
    Best to all

Hello all. Lolita Lempicka original edp.
    DONNA

Bali looks dreamy!!! Enjoy you rest and trip!

VC&A Bois d'Iris today for a busy day at work.

Xscent, looks very nice!

Pleasures Delight, Estee Lauder.
    $25 or less clearance sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/390...othing-over-25!!

"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us." Rom. 8:18

Beautiful, Xscent! That is a perfect looking vacation, and it's nice you are dodging some of the hottest days.

It's cold here, too cold to run this morning for me. Hopefully it warms up by the weekend, we are going to a concert outdoors! The oddly named "Sunshine Blues and Music Festival" in St. Pete, on Sunday. Which sounds like something I would say being snarky, not sure how it got past the marketing dept.

Avon (Mark) Karmala today, the hidden gem.

Stay scented

Good morning!!

My work computer has once again decided not to cooperate with Basenotes (I cannot post forum replies or send PMs), so I've been AWOL the past few days, again. Finally just got out my phone this morning to post, I miss you guys too much not to say hi!

Xscent, I just drooled all over my keyboard looking at those pics. That resort looks flippin' amazing!! Get some sun for me, oh, and I'll have a sangria while we're at it. Hope you are having a blast!!

Evangeline, I know you're no stranger to heat but please be careful!! Heard this morning they're rescheduling/postponing today's matches. I can't imagine doing anything in 110 degrees much less playing tennis!

cello, how do you like Naiviris? I found it overly sweet, nearly cloying, like a candied iris, not what I like in an iris! At any rate, I'm joining you in iris today in 28 La Pausa.

Hugs to all who are ailing! Please rest and feel better soon Wolfie.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    Morning All,

L'Heure Fougueuse for me today.

Best to all, especially those under the weather.
    Coincidence, me too. I had a craving for it. Had to leave the house early today, since I had to move my lunch-time gym workout to the morning before work, since I have a lunch appointment. I hate mornings at the gym but I did it. It was nice taking a hot shower in the locker room and dousing myself with this wonderful scent.

When I run out of my samples I might need to buy a large decant of it. And the III also, the lavender one. I love both of them so much.

It's cool, sunny and beautiful here. Hope everyone has a FANTASTIC day!
    Xscent - how DECADENT you look. Mojitos smell awesome, don't they? Watch out. They'll sneak up on you.
    iodine: I was just reading about Etro Sandalo last night, extensively. I was considering a bottle of it but I've never sampled it. I'm scared of buying it blind. I'm such a sandalwood fan but there are many sandalwood scents I do not like. As this hobby grows more and more I have become less fond of buying scents unsniffed. Considering I already own so many scents I love.
    Twolf - how are you feeling?
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 16th January 2014 at 01:35 PM.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

I'm waffling between wanting to step into Xscent's photo scene and the forest Jon found.

After days of sloshing about in vanilla betwixt Cadjmere and Shalimar, I'm now in a surprising Bel Respiro rut. Today's the third in a row. It's still below freezing outside, but now that's it above 0°F/-18°C and the daylight grows longer, I've set my sights on spring.

Jump to the 57 seconds mark for a 3-second message expressly for my SotD friends:

Technology note: Most YouTube vids allow you to designate "start play" moment, but apparently official trailers do not.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    ..When I run out of my samples I might need to buy a large decant of it. And the III also, the lavender one. I love both of them so much….
    They're my favourites from the line too, Mike.
    Have you tried XIII ? I find it similar to Fougueuse, but with plenty of smoky birch tar.
    Anyway, smelling great

Hello!

Quarry, the video is darling. A big kiss to you too, Miss Piggy!

I am wearing Olene by Diptyque today. I am not looking forward to another 80 plus degree day today. I'd love some cooler weather or even rain so I could wear my favorite sweaters and winter perfumes. Oh well... Have a lovely day everyone!

Blog Entries

Winter Woods for this cold, wet evening.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

In Coromandel today...ahhh...I think there's a FB in my future...

Xscent, enjoy the gamelan music. I just started taking lessons (Javanese, not Balinese--J is more sedate; B is more lively).

Thanks for the recovery wishes, we are improving all right, steady. Could not figure out what to eat yet, because nothing seems to agree with us, even tried and true stuff like apple sauce and toasted bread. Craving Chinese and also a big lettuce salad (a dietary trainer once told me craving lettuce means one is dehydrated) with tons of honey mustard. Off from work another couple of three days.

Van Cleef, a drop lasts all day.

Poor twolf, I hope u are better asap and hope u can have that big salad.

"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us." Rom. 8:18

Basenotes Plus

L'Eau de L'Artisan

Basenotes Plus

SotE - Xerjoff Nio.

Mrs Q

Blog Entries

Good afternoon to all!

This has been such a demanding couple of weeks, such a roller-coaster, that I have hardly been wearing scent, to avoid negative associations forming.

Good and bad things--

Good (great, in fact!) in that my daughter is starting to receive her college acceptance letters -- 2 colleges have accepted her, each with an offer of a $19,000 merit scholarship (additional need-based aid to be determined later.) It will still be a while before her top choice colleges reply, however, and she is on tenterhooks! She is still hoping for a full tuition scholarship to one of them. Her grades and scores are high, so we shall see!

Also good is the fact that my cat is recovering nicely. Still not 100% healed where the skin cancer was removed-- a few stitches have not yet been reabsorbed, so I'm not letting him go oudoors yet. He seems resigned to be inside and no longer pesters to go out. The weather hasn't been good anyway, so its no great loss. This will be one overjoyed cat when spring comes!

It's also been bad in that Mom has again taken a nosedive, physically and mentally. I've had to spend massive amounts of time dealing with it. We have been asked to replace her caregiver (who has been excellent, but Mom now resists her every direction, having taken a dislike to her as well as to being told what to do.) The new lady starts Monday, and I have to wonder how long this will last until Mom also resists/rages at her. I've had to talk Mom down from her agitation and tantrums so many times I've lost track. I didn't get to bed until 3 last night due to multiple trips to the apartment. Mom is also now starting treatment for a UTI (which contributed to this, of course, but there's also just a general decline in her dementia.) I think the handwriting is on the wall; her days in her apartment are drawing to an end sometime in the next few months in all likelihood. Next will be transfer to the SNF, but she really, really doesn't want to go (and who can blame her?) So we're just trying to stretch it out as long as we can.

Have a great rest of the day, everyone!

Evangeline, I hope you find many wonderful things to do in Oz despite the heat - I know you will! Do be careful, though. Even though I know you love tennis, it would be a pity to pass out mid-court (not to mention it would wreak havoc on the tennis whites!).

And XScent!!!! Wow, what a gorgeousness! The bed on the beach and the pool don't look to bad either.

I still haven't been able to lay my hands on my Fille en Aiguilles d*cant, and am getting worried that it's been well and truly misplaced! And I'm usually so good about keeping track of my (admittedly massive) wardrobe... Sigh.

Anyhow, still smelling rather swank, if I do say so myself, in Montale Red Aoud. Given the notes, I'd think it would smell much more 'foodie' than it does... I find it mostly sweet-woody with dry spices, with a hint of floral in there just to keep it truly interesting. Very lovely.

Red Aoud notes: Aoud, red pepper, saffron, cumin, orris, Haitian vetiver, Mysore sandalwood.
    Last edited by ComDiva; 16th January 2014 at 06:05 PM.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Blog Entries

((((Roses))))

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    iodine: I was just reading about Etro Sandalo last night, extensively. I was considering a bottle of it but I've never sampled it. I'm scared of buying it blind. I'm such a sandalwood fan but there are many sandalwood scents I do not like. As this hobby grows more and more I have become less fond of buying scents unsniffed. Considering I already own so many scents I love.
    Grrrrr.... I have some Etro Sandalo samples, and lots of other Etro samples which I would love to send to you. A curse on this damnable postal system, which means that I can't.

So, anyway, let me compose myself. OK. Hello everyone. Xscent, budge over a bit on that day bed! It looks fantastic.

Stay well everyone.

Ormonde Jayne samples for me.

Spritzed Aqua Allegoria Pampelune

One more test today with Weil Antilope. I find myself entranced in the softness.

Blog Entries

And hugs to Twolf and Mr. T! The flu is truly misery.

When all other foods fail, we find cream of wheat (farina) is usually tolerated.

Quote Originally Posted by Xscent View Post
    Hello from Bali, hope all of you feeling poorly get better soon. Sending you a bit of sunshine and heat from the tropics but not the intense Aussie summer kind which is brutal.

I must be only female to have avoided errant underwire issues, knock on wood. You gals are hilarious.

A pic for my fragrant drinking buddies Mojito, the gorgeous hotel and daybed on the oceans edge where I'm spending much of my days.

In a combination of Une Fleur de Cassie, jasmine massage oil and a plume of frangipani (tucked into my messy beach hair).

Just wow, what a lovely place to relax! Enjoy it for all of us!

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    Good afternoon all !. Mrs E, sorry your entertainment has been temporarily curtailed in Melbourne but I really think it was the humane thing to do. I can't imagine even breathing in 40 degree heat, never mind playing tennis.

Glad you are feeling better iodine, hoping Wolfie and Mr T are showing similar improvement.

SotD is Bogner Deep Forest.

Yes, I'll take one of those along with a shot of Bali on the side!

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Good afternoon to all!

This has been such a demanding couple of weeks, such a roller-coaster, that I have hardly been wearing scent, to avoid negative associations forming.

Good and bad things--

Good (great, in fact!) in that my daughter is starting to receive her college acceptance letters -- 2 colleges have accepted her, each with an offer of a $19,000 merit scholarship (additional need-based aid to be determined later.) It will still be a while before her top choice colleges reply, however, and she is on tenterhooks! She is still hoping for a full tuition scholarship to one of them. Her grades and scores are high, so we shall see!

Also good is the fact that my cat is recovering nicely. Still not 100% healed where the skin cancer was removed-- a few stitches have not yet been reabsorbed, so I'm not letting him go oudoors yet. He seems resigned to be inside and no longer pesters to go out. The weather hasn't been good anyway, so its no great loss. This will be one overjoyed cat when spring comes!

It's also been bad in that Mom has again taken a nosedive, physically and mentally. I've had to spend massive amounts of time dealing with it. We have been asked to replace her caregiver (who has been excellent, but Mom now resists her every direction, having taken a dislike to her as well as to being told what to do.) The new lady starts Monday, and I have to wonder how long this will last until Mom also resists/rages at her. I've had to talk Mom down from her agitation and tantrums so many times I've lost track. I didn't get to bed until 3 last night due to multiple trips to the apartment. Mom is also now starting treatment for a UTI (which contributed to this, of course, but there's also just a general decline in her dementia.) I think the handwriting is on the wall; her days in her apartment are drawing to an end sometime in the next few months in all likelihood. Next will be transfer to the SNF, but she really, really doesn't want to go (and who can blame her?) So we're just trying to stretch it out as long as we can.

Have a great rest of the day, everyone!
    So sorry to hear about your mama's troubles. Such a tough time of life and so difficult at times to know just how to respond. Prayers for wisdom as you carry on loving your mama so well.

Tribly, here in Arizona, a day in the 80's is heaven. How funny the differences eh.

Roberto, love that picture of NYC. Thank you.

Burberry for Women (London)
    --- again today.

Betsy
    Items in my wardrobe not in the fragrance directory:
    Exhilarators (Elizabeth Arden Bath and Body Spa from 1980's - no relation to Sun Flowers )
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

Quarry, love the Muppets and loved that YouTube clip. Made me laugh so hard and cheered me up on this really freezing cold day in Philadelphia.
    Betsy
    Items in my wardrobe not in the fragrance directory:
    Exhilarators (Elizabeth Arden Bath and Body Spa from 1980's - no relation to Sun Flowers )
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

Blog Entries

Thanks, Quarry! That was fun!

Roses, I'm sorry for your troubles. You have to wonder what becomes of those of us who have no family to fuss over them. It must be a whole different ball game.

Rosine- Rosissimo. From a sample.

http://www.lusciouscargo.com/Merchan...roduct_Count=1

I thought this was rose , incense and white musk. It turns out it is rose, jasmine, freesia and woods and cistus.
    Last edited by kumquat; 16th January 2014 at 10:39 PM.

My SotD today has been Parfums de Nicolai Patchouli Intense, which is just heavenly. I'm feeling very indulgent as a result and I'm trying not to pay attention to all of the things that I haven't been able to do because my pain is bad today.

On a plus note, I don't have any underwire problems either. There has to be a positive side to wearing compression garments full time and therefore not having to buy bras

Sorry to hear about your mum not doing so well Roses. It's heartbreaking to see loved ones lose faculties in the knowledge that they will never get them back and it never gets any easier. We were very lucky with one of my grandmothers that she got to live in her own home right up until her last week, because it would have broken her heart to have to move into sheltered accommodation or a nursing home. My other grandmother spent years gradually forgetting who we were, and I wouldn't wish that on any family, so you have my sympathies.
    'I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal.'

I'm overindulging in Vintage Shalimar EdC in celebration of winning some Vintage Vol de Nuit!

Winning a bid, danieq?

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Sampling Les Parfums Historiques George Sand tonight
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    Winning a bid, danieq?

Yes ma'am, I wouldn't be surprised if I was bidding against another BNer though, which I felt kinda bad about.

Lol, I am sure it happens fairly often, who knows, enjoy your juice!