Code of Conduct

Default Diluting crystallised materials; Thibetol & Dimethyl Benzyl Carbinal Acetate

This information is probably lurking out there on the internet somewhere; but I wanted to take the opportunity to say hello: Hello!

I've only just started making my own perfumes having read and thought a lot (or possibly obsessively) about for a while.

Because I've read it's easier to understand the materials this way, I've been diluting my aroma chemicals starter kit from Perfumers Apprentice in Perfurmers' Alcohol from Mistral Chemicals, (which is largely Ethonol) and I've got a bit stuck getting my Thibetol and Dimethyl Benzyl Carbinal Acetate out their bottles.

So far I've tried poking them with toothpicks, which definitely doesn't work. Could anyone help me out with the solution?

Clare

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Diluting crystallised materials; Thibetol & Dimethyl Benzyl Carbinal Acetate

Hi,
    I have these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    They work really well for all things like this. Even if this particular set isn't available where you are you will be able to find something like it in a hobby shop or on line locally.
    Justin E. Beasley

Default Re: Diluting crystallised materials; Thibetol & Dimethyl Benzyl Carbinal Acetate

I need to get me a pair too.. Maybe it could save you some work in the future if you first dilute to 50% for future handling (though I'm not sure which ACs will dissolve at 50% and which won't).

How about just warming the bottle until the solid liquifies? It should be possible to do this by putting the container in or just above a pan of simmering water. If the solids don't melt after this treatment, don't increase the heat, but order your spatulas.

Cheers for the advice all - I hadn't hoped it could be as simple as 'poke harder'.