Code of Conduct

Default Join me in a Happy Fragrant Dance?

Ok, I know, I'm not supposed to get quite this excited but I AM! I've just managed to nab a vintage bottle of Vol de Nuit without breaking the bank which allows me to complete my Vintage Guerlain goals......well, for the moment anyway. I fully expected to lose the bid, but got very lucky.

So is anyone else out there doing the happy dance for some fragrant joy tonight?

Default Re: Join me in a Happy Fragrant Dance?

I did a happy dance when I snagged a bottle of vintage Vol de Nuit. It is wonderful stuff and worth the jumping and leaping. Recently I was excited to have won an auction for a large bottle of vintage Je Reviens and for a small amount of the same in the extrait.

I am happy for both of you!

I danced a tiny, pleasant smelling jig when I 'best offered' £45 (I think) for a brand new and sealed bottle of Santal Majuscule (reatil £83) to an eBay seller. She accepted immediately - it makes me wonder how much less she would have considered taking in order to be rid of it!
    Smelling good on a budget!

Quote Originally Posted by voodoodanny View Post
    I danced a tiny, pleasant smelling jig when I 'best offered' £45 (I think) for a brand new and sealed bottle of Santal Majuscule (reatil £83) to an eBay seller. She accepted immediately - it makes me wonder how much less she would have considered taking in order to be rid of it!
    What are your thoughts on this one? I've been considering a blind buy for some time now. It sounds wonderful!

Love Vol de Nuit. Congrats!!!!!
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    What are your thoughts on this one? I've been considering a blind buy for some time now. It sounds wonderful!
    Santal Majuscule is brilliant to my nose. The sandalwood is beautiful and then in the drydown, the rose surprised me. I find this one very long lasting and unique among sandalwoods for the addition of a standout rose.

Thanks danieq, and congrats on your Guerlain score!

Blog Entries

Congratulations, enjoy!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Congratulations!!!

I just discovered a brand new unopened bottle (boxed) of Bal a Versailles by Jean Desprez Parfum de Toilette that my mother had hidden in the back of her drawer. Not sure what to do with it as I would never wear it nor would my wife or daughters. I understand that from speaking to others that it might have some value to others, but not sure. Nevertheless I was excited when I came upon it as it looks very old.

(3093)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Wow, Hednick a Relic...congrats!!!
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I just discovered a brand new unopened bottle (boxed) of Bal a Versailles by Jean Desprez Parfum de Toilette that my mother had hidden in the back of her drawer. Not sure what to do with it as I would never wear it nor would my wife or daughters. I understand that from speaking to others that it might have some value to others, but not sure. Nevertheless I was excited when I came upon it as it looks very old.

(3093)
    There is a website called Vintage Ad Browser that might help you place your bottle in the appropriate year. Otherwise, it is fun to look at the old magazine ads.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by danieq View Post
    Ok, I know, I'm not supposed to get quite this excited but I AM! I've just managed to nab a vintage bottle of Vol de Nuit without breaking the bank which allows me to complete my Vintage Guerlain goals......well, for the moment anyway. I fully expected to lose the bid, but got very lucky.

So is anyone else out there doing the happy dance for some fragrant joy tonight?

Congratulations on a fantastic acquisition, danieq - one of my all time favourites.

Jon, I don't know if that particular dance was what I had in mind, but......thanks.

Hednic, that will definitely have value to someone else. I literally just purchased one of these myself! Don't toss it!

Jon, I don't know if that particular dance was what I had in mind, but......thanks.

Hednic, that will definitely have value to someone else. I literally just purchased one of these myself! Don't toss it! In fact, if you are inclined to sell it, do contact me.

Blog Entries

Hednic, that will definitely have value to someone else. Don't toss it!
    Most definitely! That's like finding hidden treasure.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Lol u funny, Jon. I haven't even sniffed Vol Nuit or the Bal but congratulations guys!
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Congratulations to both? is the VdN the clock bottle that went for about $80 or so?

And as others have said, keep the BaV. You may change your mind. It's a great resinous patchouli oriental, perfect for men too. You will definitely find people who like it...
    On ebay, though, it may not fetch high prices, simply because there's a lot of it (though not too much parfum de toilette).

cacio

You're spot on Cacio, did I snipe it from you?

You know Hednic, you might try the BaV a few other times. When I first tried it, it scared the heck out of me. It's a very unique scent, but after a while, I caught the bug for it and now I can't get enough of it. Of course, you have a well developed taste, so perhaps it's not just your thing, but you never know.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Hopefully today I will be dancing if I get Halston Amber Man!!

I did a little internal happy dance (since my back is in really bad shape at the moment I could only THINK a dance, I couldn't really DO one) when I got 14ml of vintage Miss Balmain parfum for £19 including postage the other day. One of my very favourites and under my £20 weekly limit too

The post for the last few days has been really lovely to receive, like I've had a little Christmas all to myself. I've had 3 bottles of delectable perfume, some new pyjamas and some books all arrive. I'm trying not to notice that I actually bought these items.
    'I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal.'

Blog Entries

http://youtu.be/KrzaSFDe_dM

Here's a clip of Ann Miller doing a happy dance. Enjoy your ​Vol de Nuit!

danieq:

no, you didn't. I had done a search for VdN following some recent threads, though I am not really interested at this point. So I just made an early offer of $30, just in case.

cacio

lol cacio, I like the way you think, 'just in case'!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    Hopefully today I will be dancing if I get Halston Amber Man!!
    Best of luck Tony!

Quote Originally Posted by sfmedusa View Post
    I did a little internal happy dance (since my back is in really bad shape at the moment I could only THINK a dance, I couldn't really DO one) when I got 14ml of vintage Miss Balmain parfum for £19 including postage the other day. One of my very favourites and under my £20 weekly limit too

The post for the last few days has been really lovely to receive, like I've had a little Christmas all to myself. I've had 3 bottles of delectable perfume, some new pyjamas and some books all arrive. I'm trying not to notice that I actually bought these items.
    So glad you are having Christmas all over again!

Love Ann Miller's Happy dance Kumquat, TFS
    Last edited by danieq; 17th January 2014 at 06:07 PM.

Blog Entries

Love Ann Miller's Happy dance Kumquat, TFS
    Yes, wasn't it fun? I checked, 'VDN' was created in 1933 when there wasn't much to dance about. Yet all those stars were so good at it. It fairly takes my breath away, sometimes. (The dancing, as well as the perfume). I wonder what it cost during the depression?

Congrats on your purchase!