Code of Conduct

Default S.O.T.D. - Friday, 17 January, 2014.

Hi everyone - have a great day!

Hard Leather - L.M. Parfums.

Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Friday, 17 January, 2014.

Hello all,

Basenotes Plus

Good morning all and TGIF !!. Is it really a week since we arrived back from NZ ? - maybe a healthy dose of pinot noir later will help with the reminiscing. Anyone joining me ? (looking at you G, L ).

Hope all those sniffing and sneezing are improved enough to enjoy their weekend.

SotD is Green Valley.

(((30 Roses)))

Afternoon All,

I'll certainly be joining you later in a drink, Jon. In fact, I've a nice bottle from Puglia on standby.
    Dior Homme for *another* rainy day (will it ever end ?).
    Best to everyone !

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone, Creed Angelique Encens for me today.

(((((30Roses)))))

Jon, we are heading down this afternoon to Cape May NJ for a little getaway weekend and will surely be joining you in a wine o'clock of some sort this evening.

Wish you all a good Friday/weekend.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Hello all. Bottega Veneta.
    DONNA

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Sampling Miller Harris Geranium Bourbon on a chilly SE Florida morning.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

vintage,,,,

Thumbs up Re: S.O.T.D. - Friday, 17 January, 2014.

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

For Synchronized Friday - Jo Malone Iris and Lady Moore created by Christine Nagel in 2012. Sometimes I think I bought this for the bottle but I do like it.

Betsy
    Items in my wardrobe not in the fragrance directory:
    Exhilarators (Elizabeth Arden Bath and Body Spa from 1980's - no relation to Sun Flowers )
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

Luxor Oud - Memo

(3090)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Hello folks

Jon - I have a bottle of Sauvignon blanc on standby - does that count? (By the way, my father used to have a vineyard in Hertfordshire. Strange but true.)

Wearing Jicky PdT today. Jicky has been good to me lately.

Good morning! It has been a very busy 12 days and counting at work for me so today I am wearing

wrestlingtigers.jpg

Wrestling Tigers While Calling Your Mum on the Phone Long Distance.

ZOMG Smells. I have some perfume oils from them and mostly don't like but this one is one I do like, it's sort of like a piece of wood soaked in a not too sweet fizzy soda drink. It smells good.

Hello everybody,
    Jon, sure thing - Pinot it will be!
    Jicky EdP for me, so actually (almost exactly) twinning me with Sam!
    Happy Friday all around!

Wearing PG Cuir d'Iris today from a totally surprising and generous gift from one of our sweetest BNers ever.

Happy Friday! And I am also in synch - finally Thanks Betsy for leading us this year.

Blog Entries

Hi all,

Sampling White Shoulders by Evyan today.

l'll be joining you for wine o'clock later on Jon, even though l'm working this weekend.

Dashing out between rain showers to the shops now. Happy Friday, everyone!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Good afternoon

SotD is Etro Patchouly.

I came back from my short holiday in Dijon with two precious bottles of Bourgogne, but my stomach isn't able to enjoy them, yet, due to the after effects of my bug ! I'll think of you drinking Pinot Noir- or whatever else!
    Last edited by iodine; 17th January 2014 at 03:21 PM.
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

For synchronized Friday I am wearing Creed Original Santal created in 2005. It's one of my favorites and solidly on my BN Most Worn list. Have a lovely day everyone.

Basenotes Plus

Good morning! It's very cold again this morning but at least the snow and wind have stopped.

(((30Roses)))

Happy Birthday, Ineespenes! I hope you have a very lovely day!

In sync today with Versace Woman, created in 2000 by Christine Nagel. With notes including bergamot, frangipani, jasmine, wild rose, raspberry, Lebanese cedar, lotus, plum, grey amber, Hinoki wood and musk.

Have a great day!

Joining the hug-fest for (((30Roses))) and anyone else who needs some.

I also want to say "congratulations" for the good news part of your post, Roses -- what great news so far for your daughter! You must all be very excited I'll keep crossing my fingers for more good news!

Xscent, that looks HEAVENLY. I'm just itching to go somewhere soon. I need a real vacation. Enjoy the lounging and lazing -- oh, and see if you can find someone (whether there or back home) who can make you a good Kentucky Orange Mule (made with orange bitters and an orange peel for the garnish), up. To. Die. For.

I'm accidentally in synch with Parfumerie Generale No. 10 Aomassai from 2006. I love this one, too. My 30ml bottle isn't lasting very long.

Basenotes Institution

gandhajala - yes I have smelled XIII from Cartier. I liked it, but not as much as IV. I have to be careful with birch tar leather scents - just a tiny bit too much & they give me a headache. The only way that I can wear Knize Ten, for instance, is the Underarm Deodorant. That's why I struggle to love one of your favorites, Cuir de Russie. I tend to be more drawn towards odd leathers where it's turn down a notch & combined with comforting stronger notes like Dzing! and Nostalgia. The IV smelled good ALL day yesterday, all the way til 6:00 pm when I got home from the office. What a top-notch scent. I wish it was more affordable so more people could be aware of it.
    30 Roses - Thank you for sharing what's going on with you & your family, the ups and the downs. I can't offer much in terms of similar experiences, but I can empathize. I will keep you & Mom in my prayers. ((bear hugs))
    Quarry - when I saw that Muppets trailer, I thought of you. ((kissy kissy))
    Robin-in-FL - you win the Best Perfume Name of the Day award. Hilarious. LOL

It was COLD here last night, probably the coldest it's been all year long here in Miami. I had to sleep with a blanket underneath me & my PJ's on just to stay warm & toasty. We Miami folks aren't prepared for below 40 degree weather (I don't even own a heater). One of the things I love about this weather is I get to play Winter Dress Up (I am wearing one of my favorite wool houndtooth blazers today to the office, even though its Casual Friday, I'm rocking it with a pair of jeans) and I get to wear the sweet gourmand scents in my wardrobe that feel too heavy to wear in warm weather. I almost reached for Anima Dulcis but at the last minute I remembered that I have a travel bottle of:

Dries Van Noten by Frederic Malle

A 'modern' gourmand. Cookie dough + plastic. Oddly comforting. I'm thoroughly enjoying this. Of course I wish the sandalwood was more amped up (the reason I bought this one blind), but there is actually nothing like this I've ever smelled. It shares a slight similarity to Jeux de Peau but the Malle is really not that sweet at all. I need to give this a proper review on another thread.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Synced with some of us in PG 13 Brulure de Rose.

Have a nice day!

Friday syncing with Jeke by Slumberhouse

Blog Entries

Profumum-
    Rosae Mundi
    rose, cedar, Vetyver, patchouli
    Starts out plummy and jammy, warms to spicy roses.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kumquat; 17th January 2014 at 03:28 PM.

Hello everyone! I'll join you later Jon, but I'll be bringing my chilled Moscato instead, I've a sweet-tooth.

I'm synced with Montale Red Aoud.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Got a powerful case of the midwinter lazies. Wine would only make it worse. I need a day in a honest-to-goodness Green Valley.

As so often happens when I finally buy a full bottle, I have neglected wearing Bond No. 9 for Mothers. So I applied it today. The flowers and musk feel a bit smothering with the house buttoned up as it is.

30Roses, what stark contrasts you report: Your daughter’s mind is obviously incredibly sharp, while your mother’s grows foggier. ((hugs))
    Betsy, I don't blame you for buying that bottle. Has to be one of the prettiest I've ever seen.
    Kiliwia is also wearing a Christine Nagel scent. C.N. is a busy gal.
    I think I need to start a new Evernote (love this app) list for mixed drinks and go back to Larimar’s early references; putting Kentucky Orange Mule at the top of the list. ExtremeK has sold me on the description.
    Mike, I wish I could see you in that houndstooth, although it sounds like you could also use some footed jammies to get you through the cold.

More Piggy kissy-kissies for my whole SotD family.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

My vintage bottle of Miss Balmain parfum arrived courtesy of the postie this morning, so guess what I'm wearing today
    'I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal.'

Hello, lovely ones!

(((30Roses)))

Jon, Sam, Tdem et. al., I am right with you at wine o'clock. Pinot Noir or maybe a Temperanillo/Granache blend...

HBTY, Ineespenes!!!

After many days of increasing agitation about my inability to find Serge Lutens Fille en Aiguilles, I FINALLY found the darned thing, *almost* exactly where I thought it would be, just in time to be in synch, as it was released in 2009. Yay!!! Love this stuff, especially in the winter - or when I want to conjure winter in the dreaded heat and humidity.

Fille en Aiguilles notes: Pine needles, vetiver, sugary sap, laurel, fir balsam, frankincense, candied fruit and spice.
    Last edited by ComDiva; 17th January 2014 at 07:21 PM.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by saminlondon View Post
    Jon - I have a bottle of Sauvignon blanc on standby - does that count? .
    It most certainly does . NZ has some of the worlds' finest SB (especially those from the Marlborough region) and we sampled many different ones while we were down under.

In synch for the evening with Ava Luxe No 23.

Have a great weekend all

Blog Entries

Happy Birthday,
    Ineespenes!

Basenotes Plus

Happy Birthday Ine

Ambre 114

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Sampling GF Ferré Lei / Her tonight
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

happy is the bleu heart<3

I'm in synch today, wearing Unknown Pleasures by Kerosene and released in 2013.

Sending happy birthday wishes to Ine

hugs to all (especially 30 Roses!) ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Pleasures Estee Lauder.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

((Hugs to all!)) Thank you, my friends, for sharing in my joys and sorrows.

Tonight daughter is crashing, exhausted from a hectic week (which included writing an essay for one college to get admitted to the Honors program, which might carry a large scholarship). Mom is slightly less confused as the antibiotics kick in.