Code of Conduct

Thread: Gendarme

Default Gendarme

has anybody used this before can you rate it ?

Default Re: Gendarme

There seem to be a few, gosgka - which one interests you?
    http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancedi.../?house=100335

Yes. I give it a C+

any of the Gendarme range as their website say they are perfect for anyone who suffers from allergies. the problem is that some of the reviews i have seen say they either smell of washing powder or hairspray

I've only tried the original. I can see how it would work well for someone who has allergies. It's a very inoffensive and non-perfumey scent. I've read that a lot of politicians wear it because it's so neutral. Doesn't smell like hairspray at all, it's a simple clean white musk.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    ...Doesn't smell like hairspray at all, it's a simple clean white musk.
    Agreed!

And Gendarme 20 adds a nice lavender accord to the clean musk.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Tried it and personally didn't care for it.

(3097)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Gendarme (original) is probably the most inoffensive scent I've ever come across.

It's definitely a super clean, white musk... that on me, has awesome lasting power.

Basically amplified natural skin musk.

At $33 for a 4 oz bottle it's hard to go wrong.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Skin Scents..
    The myth is that you can't smell them after 15 mins but others can hours after application..
    Very subtle and safe scents..

Blog Entries

Funny - I heard the same rumor about politicians and the original Gendarme (either Clinton or Bush Jr. or both). Makes sense to me. It's definitely clean and safe. As far as a rating, I really think it's middling at best. You could do a lot worse, though.
    Check out my personal blog: http://stayathomedadfindsacologne.com

"Perfume and incense make the heart glad..."

-Proverbs 27:9

Owww, Gendarme 20 adds a lavender accord?

Yep, 20 has lavender whereas the original (supposedly) had a hint of leather (I say that because I own it and never really got leather from it).

Grabazzi is somewhat unique with a soapy/cola smell. It was one of my favorites from the line while I had it.

Green is another clean scent, but with some herbs (basil sticks out).

V is another green scent that lasted fairly good on me for an edc. I can't remember which, but either this or Green smelled a bit like Irish Spring.

Sky is probably one of their more unique offerings. It still has that "clean" smell to it, but there's a cognac note in it that gives it a boozy feel.

There is also an edp version of the original, but I don't recall the differences.

Never tried Mojo or any of the 7 Sins series.
    The Bark Bites Back.

I was looking for a non-allergenic scent to wear at work. Gendarme kept showing up in my search. I tracked down a bottle and blind bought it. This and Clean Men are my least favorite fragrances. Gendarme is a transparent scent that somewhat reminds me of hair spray or bug spray. I really cant stand it. Back to the allergy point, I would rather not wear a scent than having to smell this for hours.

If your after a fresh clean scent I'd suggest Mugler Cologne.
    Beauty is in the nose of the beholder.

I like it as an out of shower/gym scent. I quite enjoy it, but I think there are others that are similar that do a better job as a fragrance (Original Vetiver, Neroli Portofino, Mugler Cologne). I believe it's an EDC. It's almost impossible to over spray it.

I've worn it several times. It's just not for me. This one is pretty much the opposite of the what I like to wear. However, I can see how folks like it.

Do a load of laundry; towels specifically. Use hypo-allergenic detergent and don't use fabric softener or dryer sheets. When you remove them from the dryer plunge your face in and inhale deeply through your nose. This is what Gendarme EDC smells like. I love it. It last a considerable amount of time on my skin.
    As said before, it is very inoffensive and is a favorite of several politicians and presidents. I can personally testify that it IS, in fact, impossible to over spray; as BRM stated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    Do a load of laundry; towels specifically. Use hypo-allergenic detergent and don't use fabric softener or dryer sheets. When you remove them from the dryer plunge your face in and inhale deeply through your nose. This is what Gendarme EDC smells like. I love it. It last a considerable amount of time on my skin.
    As said before, it is very inoffensive and is a favorite of several politicians and presidents. I can personally testify that it IS, in fact, impossible to over spray; as BRM stated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I got a sample a few weeks ago and I agree that is a non offensive light skin scent type of fragrance...I found geir ness to have a similar vibe as well.
    14 sprays of DRAKKAR NOIR should do it