Code of Conduct

Default Diorella & Le Parfum de Therese

Lets compare vintage Diorella to current Le Parfum de Therese.

I haven't formed any concrete opinions on either yet but here are a few things I observed:

From an ingredients perspect, and I know I'm stating the obvious , but DlPdT smells modern whereas Diorella smells like its from another era.

lPdT has a much more meaty fruity note than Diorella.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited by hedonist222; 19th January 2014 at 06:40 AM.

for swap/sale:

queen of the universe

Default Re: Diorella & Le Parfum de Therese

Theay are both Roudnitska creations for starts. I just acquired a mini vintage Diorella EdT and am waiting for my stuffy nose to get better so I can sniff! Now you'll have me seeking out a decant of LPdT; thanks a lot! (; XXXOOO
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

jujy, yes both composed by Edmond Roudnitska (sounds Russian).

I have to say, the citric notes in this Diorella bottle were fully intact. Its been almost 8 hours now and its still somewhat citric.

Apparently citric notes don't always wither.

for swap/sale:

I agree, there are similarities here and there, but they are quite different. PdT is a sweet floral, and definitely feels more modern (perhaps because modern ingredients were actually slipped in).

Diorella is a citrus chypre, juxtaposing a very fresh citrus with an overripe fruity note, over a clear, old style chypre base. Chypres had gone out of fashion, and post IFRA, noses are certainly not used to it. Current Diorella is just a plain citrus, and nowhere near as good.

cacio

They're like siblings, very different but with a strong family resemblance. Diorella (I don't know the current version) is lighter & mellower, while lPdT is more difficult, deeper.

I always got a similar feel with Therese and Rochas Femme which he also created.

I have a tiny parfum sample of Diorella which I will have to go did out. But comparing parfum and edp?????
    DONNA

Donna, Diorella is edt & lPdT is either edt or edp.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    jujy, yes both composed by Edmond Roudnitska (sounds Russian).

I have to say, the citric notes in this Diorella bottle were fully intact. Its been almost 8 hours now and its still somewhat citric.

Apparently citric notes don't always wither.
    Sounds POLISH))

Was looking today at same old adverts, fab

M. Roudnitska was born in the south of France

queen of the universe

Hi, dear friends!

Finally able to smell something today! I noticed the melon note in vintage Diorella, and this had me spritzing a touch of Oscar e la Renta Volupté, another fragrance with melon and green notes, into the palm of one hand, the Diorella being on the opposite wrist and forearm. Volupté may be voluptuous as in the full bloom of summer (my early spring frag is swampy, wonderful Weil de Weil, which I will haul out for Groundhog Day), but it is not dirty. Diorella's melon landed in the garbage and has fermented, maybe with old coffee grounds. I think some of the floral garbage in Diorella is the juxtaposition of ylang-ylang, which gives that normally disdained adjective cloying a good name. If I weren't so covetous of my mini Diorella, a Diorella/Volupté sample pass would be fun. In the meantime, you'll have to take my word for it. XXXOOO
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

The brunette Diorella advertisement is exquisite ! Citrus chypre is my favorite category (philtre d'amour). Diorella has that duality of fresh / funky that I really enjoy. Those sparkly top notes give the right balance of sportiness.

Someone wrote that Parf de Therese smells like another person's perfume when he/she wears it. That
    describes my reaction to pdt perfectly. Like wearing clothes that don't fit or feel right.

Quote Originally Posted by jujy54 View Post
    Hi, dear friends!

Finally able to smell something today! I noticed the melon note in vintage Diorella, and this had me spritzing a touch of Oscar e la Renta Volupté, another fragrance with melon and green notes, into the palm of one hand, the Diorella being on the opposite wrist and forearm. Volupté may be voluptuous as in the full bloom of summer (my early spring frag is swampy, wonderful Weil de Weil, which I will haul out for Groundhog Day), but it is not dirty. Diorella's melon landed in the garbage and has fermented, maybe with old coffee grounds. I think some of the floral garbage in Diorella is the juxtaposition of ylang-ylang, which gives that normally disdained adjective cloying a good name. If I weren't so covetous of my mini Diorella, a Diorella/Volupté sample pass would be fun. In the meantime, you'll have to take my word for it. XXXOOO
    You know I was thinking that too. The fruity note in Diorella is less fruity than tradition (or in Parfum Therese). I think its the galbanum note thats causing this.

Quote Originally Posted by seattlelight View Post
    The brunette Diorella advertisement is exquisite ! Citrus chypre is my favorite category (philtre d'amour). Diorella has that duality of fresh / funky that I really enjoy. Those sparkly top notes give the right balance of sportiness.

Someone wrote that Parf de Therese smells like another person's perfume when he/she wears it. That
    describes my reaction to pdt perfectly. Like wearing clothes that don't fit or feel right.
    Hmm interesting thought regarding the perfume.
    And yes the Diorella ads are fantastic.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Donna, Diorella is edt & lPdT is either edt or edp.
    The Diorella I have is a tiny sample in parfum. Therese is edp, I assume going by the vol%
    DONNA