Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Valentino Uomo. A new look on Dior Homme

What you said is weird to me as well, Buysblind.

Uomo opens up on me with a light cocoa/chocolate+hazelnuts with a citrus twist, just like Givenchy Very Irresistible for Men. Later on it gets denser, heavier probably because of woods and amber. All in all it smells to me like a milk chocolate with hazelnuts, like Nutella or like a milk drink called Monte.

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    That's weird. I find the opening very similar. And regardless of its note pyramid, the lipstick note that pops up in DH (maybe a combination of the iris and cocoa or amber) is also immediately apparent in Uomo...to my nose, and despite there being no mention of these notes in Uomo..

I don't think they're similar later on, but for the first 30 minutes or so, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin_ View Post
    What you said is weird to me as well, Buysblind.
    I agree....because to me, the real comparison between Valentino Uomo and Dior Homme IS the drydown.

A few hours after application, as it's fading away, the similarity between Valentino Uomo and Dior Homme is striking. At least. during my one and only wearing of Valentino Uomo it was. I have a couple of samples that I picked up at Nordstrom recently, so I'll have to try it again to see, but I spent the first few hours "not getting" the association that people were making between these two...until I reached the dry down phase. Then it came screaming out at me.

I'd say - IF you must compare them - definitely not with the opening, but they get around the same realm at the drydown. But still Dior has very prominent lipstick/make up bag iris which Valentino is lacking with.

Disagree that it smells like DH.

I find it smells closest to Carner Barcelona D600. I know some think D600 smells like DH, but I don't find those two to be similar.

I think the Valentino is too sweet, and has that indian spice thing (cardamom? saffron?) that D600 also has and that I dislike.

Im wearing Uomo for the first time this evening. Im in the whole lipstick/makeup/feminine camp with DH and DHI, although i find them to be beautiful scents. Uomo has hit the sweet spot for me of giving a similar vibe, minus the lipstick/makeup.

Uomo is a great scent, if they knock out an Intense version which is in the same vein as DHI then it will be a hit as the notes so far are perfect just a bit soft.

uomo is such a great scent. and I agree with the above poster about an "intense" version being needed.

seems like that could be said for just about all the decent designer releases in the past few years!