Code of Conduct

Default Problems posting.

When I log in I get a screen saying that I don't have permission to access that page, but I can come in anyway by going to any of the forum pages. But then I have difficulty posting. The screen is blue and does not allow me to type. It is as if my privileges have been removed. I have logged out, cleared my cache and logged back in but still the same. If I refresh the page it lets me post, hence this post, but all font optiond, emoticons etc blank. I can't start a thread and I am having problems sending messages. Any ideas?

Thanks folks.

Default Re: Problems posting.

And I can't edit.....

When you get the "permission" screen again, would you be able take a picture and/or copy and paste the URL and let me know what it is? Cheers

OK Grant. Will try that. I think it's maybe something at my end though?! Clueless.

It might not be -- I'm thinking it may be a bit of both, but the URL or pic should confirm it

I think that page is switched off, which is why you're getting the message about permissions -- is that page linked from somewhere?

Not sure what you mean (sorry). Using usual process and have logged in and out several times. So even wne I come to Basenotes afresh I still get it.

I've had a fiddle in the back-end, let me know if you still get a message (and if so, let me know the URL)

Cheers

Ta da! Message gone and I can get in as usual, but posting problem still there. Reply screen still blue and not allowing me to post unless I refresh, which probably means that I still can't start a new thread or edit/message etc.

What browser/computer/phone/tablet are you using?

Internet Explorer on my PC

Do you know which version of IE? (sorry for all the questions!)

No thats cool. It's 9.

Okay, I'll see if i can get access to IE9 on Windows over the weekend (I'm on a Mac at the mo) and see if I can work out the prob

Thank you Grant. No hassles. I won't be around much till Monday or so. It would be great to get it fixed. If there are still problems at my end I'll take the PC to some techy guys because I'm rubbish.

Hmmm. I came in to this thread just now by following a link from an email and I got straight here and I can post, but if I try to come in though Basenotes website I am getting that page again which tells me that I don't have permission, and the reply screens are switched off. I can then get limited access if I refresh the page. This means that I can post to threads that I am subcribed to but I can't do any of the other stuff that I mentioned above.

I need to go to work now......... see you later.

Do you still have problems logging in via http://www.basenotes.net/content/ Foustie?

Thanks lpp. I just did that. I still get the screen that says that I have no permission, and with questions like "Are you trying to edit someone else, are you trying to post in the market place, etc. I though that had gone but it hasn't. That said I can ignore it and come in anyway, but it's a nuisance and it means I'm not getting to see the articles page on the way, and I still have problems posting and editing. I can't start a new thread. It is making participation really tedious, or impossible depending on what I'm trying to do.
    I have logged in on my phone and I can access as normal and all functions are normal. So it seems to be that something has happened with the interface between my PC and Basenotes. As I said before, any advice would be welcome.

I have

I tried to take out that extra "I have...." above but I definately can't edit. When I went to post this the screen was blue and did not allow me to type but by refreshing the page that is resolved. I have to do that every single time I want to post anything though.....grrrrraaaaaahh

Oh, sorry you're having such problems, Foustie.

Any ideas please guys?

Is the site on the verge of collapse today?

It's all painfully slow

Fine here at the moment, Kaern - it was a little slow for me at times earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Fine here at the moment, Kaern - it was a little slow for me at times earlier.
    Server problems this end I think -- sorry for the 'kneejerk'

Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    I have logged in on my phone and I can access as normal and all functions are normal. So it seems to be that something has happened with the interface between my PC and Basenotes. As I said before, any advice would be welcome.
    Since you are able to access the site through another device, and others are not reporting this issue, it seems that the problem is with your PC.

I see that you already tried clearing your cache, which is the first thing to do. At the risk of being painfully obvious, I will suggest you also make sure you have up to date antivirus and antimalware software installed and that you run a complete scan of your machine; these symptoms can be caused by various sorts of malware. Malwarebytes is a good malware scanner and has a free version here: http://www.malwarebytes.org/lp/lp4/?...FQPhQgodUnwAWw (I am not affiliated with malwarebytes)

You can also try a "system cleaning"; I use a program called CCleaner. There is a free version available here: http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner (I am not affiliated with Piriform)

Good luck!
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    Server problems this end I think -- sorry for the 'kneejerk'

No worries, Kaern

Thanks, Zatarain!

Thank You Zatarian! I'm onto it.

OK. I ran a malware programme. Now I don't get the "you do not have permission to....." page. I am getting straight into the Articles. Unfortunately I still can't post unless I refresh the page every time and even then I get limited functions. I'll do a full system clean when I can. If nothing else works I'll go to a repair shop. BTW that page that I had been getting and which was the start of the problem, started to come up when we moved back to this platform. If that gives anyone any clues I would be grateful.

Sorry to hear you are still having troubles! yes, try the cleaner, it is likely to help your system in general even if it doesn't solve the specific problem.

The "you do not have permissions" page is a vBulletin software page, so it makes sense that you only got it after the move back to vBulletin.

I hope you get it cleared up soon!
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

Ok.. Thanks Zararain I have now carried out a system clean. Probably needed anyway but has made no difference to my Basenotes account. This reply box where I am typing was blue and would not allow me to type on it. I refreshed the page and it will let me type but all other functions are turned off. Yaaaaaarg, raaaarg! Everything esle on my PC is fine, so I am wondering if it something at the Basenotes side that is blocking me. I need to go to a repair shop when I have time to see what they say.

OK I seem to be back! Ta da. I had a look at my Basenotes settings. There is a choice of three interface editors or some such thing. I changed options and I am enabled again! It would have been great if someone had been able to advise me to try that.............

YAY, Foustie, you fixed it!!! I had been having this exact same problem on my work computer (for weeks now) and I just went to the settings, found that interface thing, and changed it to the full fledged option and voila! The reply box is once again enabled! I wonder if it is the same problem cello is also having. We will have to let her know to check those settings as well. So glad you figured it out!