Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Saturday, 25 January, 2014.

Evening All,

I was twinned with Iodine today in Habit Rouge (EdT). I'm not generally a fan of opoponax, but here it just works.
    For years I loathed the scent, but one day it just clicked for me. Perhaps I'll come around to Derby, too.
    To the England contingent, I can report hail and thunder was experienced in Cambridge this afternoon.
    Best to everyone.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

(((sfmedusa)))

Marni is odd, 'tis true. Happy to be associated with the off-beat.

Boucheron today.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

heart of ice

I'm testing April Aromatics Rose L'Orange today. I've put off testing this one because of the rose, and I was right ... it is not for me. Too rose-y. Oh well, can't like 'em all.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. I'm off to watch the KU basketball game. Go Jayhawks!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

queen of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by FrouFrou View Post
    It's very cold, off to the horse, wearing the warm, spicy and comfortable Tabu. Which will be layered with eau de Cheval.

Hi, Tabu scent-twin. Switching to bewitching vintage rarity, Weil Noir for the evening. Snowed in with chicken soup and the Godfather. Besides, Noir rises above the VapoRub and is actually pretty compatible!
    Last edited by jujy54; 25th January 2014 at 11:11 PM.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Sampling Comme des Garçons Eau de Parfum / "A New Perfume" I'm not getting the big industrial weird notes--mostly the lilac and well, the brown sticky tape! It's nice. Pretty soft. Not much tenacity.

queen of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by BetsyMeszaros View Post
    Wearing Weil de Weil Parfum de Toilette again today. This is my first blind buy that works for me but it doesn't seem to last too long on me. Must go in search of a reasonably priced bottle of extrait.
    Hi, Betsy, Weil de Weil in extrait is rare. I have good luck with the PdT, mine is in the triangular footprint bottle. I apply to the back of my forearms, the hair seems to hold it. Oh, and since I have a 4 ounce splash bottle, I must say I lavish it, neck, cleavage, crook of elbow, etc. It's not overpowering even in generous application.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Scent twins with XScent today in the beautiful Chanel Bois des Iles.

(((sfmedusa)))
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...
    Currently wearing: Infusion d'Iris by Prada

Basenotes Institution

I ended up liking the Quercus better than I expected to. It's like a richer more extravagent version of CK One. It made my day, full of running difficult errands, a bit nicer.

This evening I had dinner with a bunch of guys, one of them a dear man who has been sort of a 'mentor' of sorts who is celebrating a big milestone in his life. Comfort food + good conversation + lots of laughter. The weather also, strangely, warmed up nicely.

I bought a fantastic new pair of Timberland brogues, with the coolest brown felt-like color and flourescent orange heels. So friggin cute! I also found this adorable Mossimo sweater with a basset hound embroidered on it. I wore both to dinner - to lots of compliments. Dressing for the evening, I felt like wearing something rich, formal and elegant so I reached for:

Heritage vintage Eau de Parfum by Guerlain

Every time I wear this I think of BN member (who doesn't post on here anymore) scentemental. I bought my bottle from him. Such a rich, almost overindulgent scent. This stuff just radiates class to me. I always feel like a million bucks when I wear this.
    "All problems are illusions of the mind."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Pleasures Estee Lauder
    Currently wearing: Sahara Noir by Tom Ford

Basenotes Institution

Guerlain Nahema.

Hugs to juji, sfmedusa, mike and everyone wishing for more snow.

Speaking of more snow, 30R., I wanted to mention yesterday: how cold is it inside your house? We keep our thermostat at 58F during the winter months, wearing sweaters and long warm pants, but sleep very comfortably.

Working through some samples at one point I had What we do in Paris is secret, Charlotte from Annick Goutal and Nuit de Tuberuese from L'Artisan.

As it turns out, I did not go with Une Fleur de Cassie for my night out with the girls. No, I slathered Puredistance M on every pulse point I could reach. I smelled magnificent.

I also had a fabulous beer cocktail with a chai porter (from a local brew pub), vanilla bean, and bourbon. And I taught a local bartender how to make a Kentucky Mule. The manager came over, wrote down the recipe, and it's going on their menu now, on the rocks in a copper mug rather than up. Also terrific that way.

And now, a little tipsy, it's sleepy time. 'Night all!

Welcome, ladybird!
    Last edited by ExtremeK; 26th January 2014 at 05:41 AM.