Code of Conduct

Default Search for a New Summer Scent: Creed

So I'm going to purchase a new summer scent for this year and it's between Creed VIW and MI. What are your thoughts on these two scents and which do you think would be the better of the two?
    I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.

Default Re: Search for a New Summer Scent: Creed

Green Irish Tweed.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

Even though MI lasts a lot longer for me, I LOVE the coconut/tropical smell of VIW....on my skin MI's heavy salty smell is overpowering and gets on my nerves quickly.

out of those two, I'd take MI. For me, VIW "might" be too cloying in Texas heat.

I personally prefer VIW. I find MI weak on my skin and only get about 2 hrs longevity from It, but my VIW bottle is super charged and good for 10+ hrs.

Either of the 2 is fine regarding MI or VIW....

However, if you have not gotten around to it yet please smell Jardin d'Amalfi and Royal Water... 2-other scents which are sophisticated in warm weather...

Love and own bottles of both but when I think of summer, VIW pops in my mind as the preferred.

(3424)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

MI, although I prefer Erolfa for my summer Creed.

Banned
    Blog Entries

VIW is hands down the best summer scent IMO

Between MI and VIW I'd go MI. I love how natural smelling VIW is but it's so feminine to my nose. I had a decant and gave it to my sister. You need to check out Xerjoff 1861.
    "Smell with your nose, not your ears." - Xerjoff Nio, Xerjoff 1861, Profumum Roma Acqua Viva, Neil Morris for Takashimaya, Sonoma Scent Studio Champagne de Bois EDP, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Creed Millesime Imperial, YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme, YSL Opium Pour Homme EDP, Comme des Garcons Kyoto, Acqua di Parma Oud, Slumberhouse Jeke, Xerjoff Fars and Xerjoff Gao

VIW is magnificent.

+1 Jardin d'Amalfi.

Also, the best fragrance I have ever smelled when it gets REALLY hot: Creed Pure White Cologne.

Blog Entries

Try Royal Water. Very good and fresh for summer. And different!

Might try holding out for the rumored new Creed releases. Everything I've seen so far suggests they'll be suitable for warm weather

In the meantime: Erolfa, VIW, and Royal Water, as recommended by others in this thread - all good choices. Bois du Cedrat - worth tracking down.

Both are great, but MI is more versatile, IMO.

You can't wear VIW just anywhere, but you can MI.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Angelique Encens, Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...emons-Batucada

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Angelique Encens, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

I wore Virgin Island Water once in Chicago summer heat. Never again.

From Creed, i'd either wear Imperial or Silver Mountain Water. 2 of my favorites from Creed.

I would choose MI over VIW. I have longevity issues with VIW and overall not a fan of coconut, though I will resample this as it has been a year. May pull my sample out tonight.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Blog Entries

I think all of these are worth trying - and I wear ALL of them in the summer. VIW is my favorite, day-to-day work scent, followed by MI. I do like Royal Water, and I'm probably going to fall for Erolfa soon. Bois de Cedrat is really, really enjoyable, and is a great evening scent, or just something to freshen up with as an eau de cologne on a hot day.

If I could only have one, VIW. If I get another pick, Bois de Cedrat.

I would go for MI, although toy can't go strong either way. MI has a wonderful watermelon vibe and is a bit more versatile than the coconut suntan lotion vibe of viw depending on where you live.

If you want another option, check out jardin d'amalfi. I think it is one of the best scents for summer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

Seconding GIT

OP from your selection I like Virgin Island Water, I do own a bottle of Mi but once its finished I wont be replacing it, I find it quite boring.

Not sure about Green irish Tweed, on me it comes off as slightly dusty, dark and green. Its not until the drydown that it starts to lighten up and slightly sweeten up for myself, but for the majority of the duration it seems to have a more spring or even fall feel to it. Just my opinion.

SMW o VIW

Go for Himalaya. It has an awesome cooling effect perfect for texas.
    Well enjoying what you're wearing is crucial, it is of the utmost importance to wear something that others like as well.

Aventus is also good.