Code of Conduct
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
Results 331 to 355 of 355
  1. #331

    Default Re: Today I Finished...

    Valentino Uomo Intense - decant.
    Currently wearing: Himalaya by Creed

  2. #332

    Default Re: Today I Finished...

    Holding off Oscar for Men as long as possible!
    Currently wearing: Oxygène Homme by Lanvin

  3. #333
    Between two pine trees
    ExtremeK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    2,305

    Default Re: Today I Finished...

    I just finished my first-ever full bottle -- my original bottle of Serge Lutens Daim Blond purchased in early 2011 when it was a temporary addition to the export line, before they added it on a "permanent" basis as an Haute Concentration. (It's now back to being available only as a bell jar exclusive, from what I can tell.)

    I just opened the replacement bottle (the export Haute Concentration version from about 2015). And the liquid was light green. My 2011 bottle had pale pink liquid.

    I smelled them side-by-side, and my beloved Daim Blond obviously fell victim to reformulation. Sigh.

  4. #334

    Default Re: Today I Finished...

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post
    I just finished my first-ever full bottle -- my original bottle of Serge Lutens Daim Blond purchased in early 2011 when it was a temporary addition to the export line, before they added it on a "permanent" basis as an Haute Concentration. (It's now back to being available only as a bell jar exclusive, from what I can tell.)

    I just opened the replacement bottle (the export Haute Concentration version from about 2015). And the liquid was light green. My 2011 bottle had pale pink liquid.

    I smelled them side-by-side, and my beloved Daim Blond obviously fell victim to reformulation. Sigh.
    I was going to "congratulate" you on the first ever emptied bottle, if one should do that. But I guess I should leave me condolences instead, for the reformulated scent...
    Currently wearing: Himalaya by Creed

  5. #335
    Between two pine trees
    ExtremeK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    2,305

    Default Re: Today I Finished...

    Quote Originally Posted by H_West View Post
    I was going to "congratulate" you on the first ever emptied bottle, if one should do that. But I guess I should leave me condolences instead, for the reformulated scent...
    I felt the same way last night! I was so pleased about my first-ever full bottle finish and gutted over the new bottle. I’m wearing the new one today, and after about 15 minutes, it smells roughly similar. I’m sure over time I’ll get OK with this version.

  6. #336

    Default Re: Today I Finished...

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post
    I felt the same way last night! I was so pleased about my first-ever full bottle finish and gutted over the new bottle. I’m wearing the new one today, and after about 15 minutes, it smells roughly similar. I’m sure over time I’ll get OK with this version.
    That is good to hear!
    Currently wearing: Himalaya by Creed

  7. #337
    Freed from BN Institution

    N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    34,995

    Default Re: Today I Finished...

    Depleted Sous Le Vent only to be replaced by another.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Ambre Canelle by Creed

  8. #338
    queen of the universe
    jujy54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Rustbeltistan on Erie
    Posts
    4,167

    Unhappy Re: Today I Finished...

    I went to spritz some Balahé on as my SOTN, only to find, behold! it is empty! That black glass bottle, which is weighty, caught me off guard. I am a little heartbroken, and will see what is on ebay, tho my will to spend in three digits is not so strong. Wish me luck. . .
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!
    Currently wearing: Bowmakers by D.S. & Durga

  9. #339
    Dependent
    Liz B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    1,086

    Default Re: Today I Finished...

    My husband finished his 50 ml of Aventus. I replaced it for him yesterday. He wears it almost exclusively...the 50 ml lasted 1 year and 4 months.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  10. #340

    Default Re: Today I Finished...

    Quote Originally Posted by jujy54 View Post
    I went to spritz some Balahé on as my SOTN, only to find, behold! it is empty! That black glass bottle, which is weighty, caught me off guard. I am a little heartbroken, and will see what is on ebay, tho my will to spend in three digits is not so strong. Wish me luck. . .
    Don’t you just hate opaque or dark bottles that fool you? Gucci Rush does that to me.
    My only regrets in life are the people I haven't stood up for,
    and the perfumes I've thrown away.

  11. #341
    Sillage Monster
    Trilby Lark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    4,140

    Default Re: Today I Finished...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kotori View Post
    Don’t you just hate opaque or dark bottles that fool you? Gucci Rush does that to me.
    Yes, I shake the bottles and try to judge the contents by how much sloshing sound the liquid makes, along with a look at the number of recorded wears.
    The Merry, Merry Month of May

    Orris & Sandalwood, Tuberose Angelica, Timbuktu, Patchouli Patch, Black Aoud, Buonissimo, Le Parfum de Therese

  12. #342

    Default Re: Today I Finished...

    Quote Originally Posted by Trilby Lark View Post
    Yes, I shake the bottles and try to judge the contents by how much sloshing sound the liquid makes, along with a look at the number of recorded wears.
    Me, too, but it’s such an inexact science...
    Last edited by Kotori; 1st May 2019 at 11:18 AM.
    My only regrets in life are the people I haven't stood up for,
    and the perfumes I've thrown away.

  13. #343
    Basenotes Plus

    Cook.bot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tracks, Wrong Side of
    Posts
    4,609

    Default Re: Today I Finished...

    Finished a 100ml bottle of Guerlain Vetiver today. A 200ml is waiting in the wings.

  14. #344
    The Devil in the Details
    Zealot Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue
    Posts
    5,566
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Today I Finished...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    Finished a 100ml bottle of Guerlain Vetiver today. A 200ml is waiting in the wings.
    Life is better-er with Guerlain Vetiver.
    oh look, I have a signature

  15. #345

    Default Re: Today I Finished...

    A 100 ml bottle of Diorling. I don’t think I will repurchase although I love the mossy dry down (and the scent it leaves in my bathroom)
    Currently wearing: Samsara by Guerlain

  16. #346

    Default Re: Today I Finished...

    One decant of Armani Privé Oud Royal ended yesterday. Moving on
    Currently wearing: Himalaya by Creed

  17. #347

    Default Re: Today I Finished...

    Quote Originally Posted by Parfum de peau View Post
    A 100 ml bottle of Diorling. I don’t think I will repurchase although I love the mossy dry down (and the scent it leaves in my bathroom)
    Was it vintage?
    My only regrets in life are the people I haven't stood up for,
    and the perfumes I've thrown away.

  18. #348
    Basenotes Junkie Shemelimelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Big Apple Orchard
    Posts
    963

    Default Re: Today I Finished...

    My second bottle of Masque Milano L’Attesa.
    “You are the bait. The bait is you.” ~Trick or Treat (1986)
    “Have a good time, all the time. That is my philosophy.” ~This Is Spinal Tap (1984)
    “Thrrrow yourselves into the river, dahlings!” ~Withnail and I (1987)

  19. #349
    ​"It was foolish of her not to have bought a larger bottle."

    Dorothy Eden, The Time of the Dragon
    Currently wearing: Alien by Thierry Mugler

  20. #350

    Default Re: Today I Finished...

    Quote Originally Posted by FiveoaksBouquet View Post
    Are you going to buy the EDP now?
    My only regrets in life are the people I haven't stood up for,
    and the perfumes I've thrown away.

  21. #351

    Default Re: Today I Finished...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kotori View Post
    Are you going to buy the EDP now?
    Thanks for asking, Kotori. All set to go because by a wild chance I recently found a 75ml bottle of the edp, about 65% full, in a thrift store. I like it as well as or better than the edt.
    ​"It was foolish of her not to have bought a larger bottle."

    Dorothy Eden, The Time of the Dragon
    Currently wearing: Alien by Thierry Mugler

  22. #352

    Default Re: Today I Finished...

    Quote Originally Posted by FiveoaksBouquet View Post
    Thanks for asking, Kotori. All set to go because by a wild chance I recently found a 75ml bottle of the edp, about 65% full, in a thrift store. I like it as well as or better than the edt.
    Wow! What a find! I wish the thrift stores around me had such treasures... Congrats!
    My only regrets in life are the people I haven't stood up for,
    and the perfumes I've thrown away.

  23. #353

    Default Re: Today I Finished...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kotori View Post
    Wow! What a find! I wish the thrift stores around me had such treasures... Congrats!
    Thanks. It was pretty unheard of for thrift stores around here too.
    ​"It was foolish of her not to have bought a larger bottle."

    Dorothy Eden, The Time of the Dragon
    Currently wearing: Alien by Thierry Mugler

  24. #354

    Default Re: Today I Finished...

    Quote Originally Posted by FiveoaksBouquet View Post
    Did you put consideration into the framing/composition etc. of this picture?

    It seems to have a sophisticated look to it beyond the way that I take pictures of things.
    "...the most expensive fragrances are those you hardly use."
    Diamondflame
    Currently wearing: Great Jones by Bond No. 9

  25. #355

    Default Re: Today I Finished...

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Krycek View Post
    Did you put consideration into the framing/composition etc. of this picture?

    It seems to have a sophisticated look to it beyond the way that I take pictures of things.
    Thanks, Alex. It’s an iphone photo switched to black and white. I do enjoy setting up perfume bottle photos and also love seeing those taken by others on basenotes.
    ​"It was foolish of her not to have bought a larger bottle."

    Dorothy Eden, The Time of the Dragon
    Currently wearing: Alien by Thierry Mugler




Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Similar Threads

  1. Today I finished my bottle of................
    By Slayerized in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 2nd November 2013, 04:05 PM
  2. Today I finished a bottle of...
    By shamu1 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2nd September 2010, 02:50 PM
  3. Finished?
    By Nicolas V in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 7th March 2008, 11:05 AM
  4. Finished my bottle of M.I. today
    By hirch_duckfinder in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 28th October 2006, 11:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000