Code of Conduct
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19
    Sillage Monster

Default Re: Today I Finished...

R.I.P.
    Diptyque Oyedo, edt
    December 6, 2913 - June 14, 2020
    50 ml. - 33 recorded wears (probably more unrecorded)

The bottle is the older rectangular style, so I think I'll keep it. It was a very good fragrance and I might replace it.
    Avatar: the late, great Janis Joplin. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trilby Lark View Post
    R.I.P.
    Diptyque Oyedo, edt

The bottle is the older rectangular style, so I think I'll keep it. It was a very good fragrance and I might replace it.
    I'm starting to think my 2-4 sprays per wear is "underspraying" compared to most BNers because I log like 30+ wears on a new bottle of Acqua di Selva cologne and maybe put a 1/4 inch dent in the fluid.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil
    Currently wearing: Swiss Army by Swiss Army

R.I.P.
    Diptyque Oyedo, edt

Congrats, Trilby! Is the bottle refillable?

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    I'm starting to think my 2-4 sprays per wear is "underspraying" compared to most BNers because I log like 30+ wears on a new bottle of Acqua di Selva cologne and maybe put a 1/4 inch dent in the fluid.
    Yup.
    ​"It was foolish of her not to have bought a larger bottle."

Dorothy Eden, The Time of the Dragon
    Currently wearing: Idylle by Guerlain

Two to four sprays isn't always enough for full immersion, for me.

Sillage Monster

Quote Originally Posted by FiveoaksBouquet View Post
    Congrats, Trilby! Is the bottle refillable?
    I doubt it's refillable because I've never seen that option promoted. However, I'm taking the bottle to the Diptyque store tomorrow afternoon where I suspect the newbie SAs there may have not seen the rectangular bottle style before.

I spoke with the Manager today and they're holding Eau Duelle edp, L'Ombre Dans L'Eau edt, and Ofresia edt for me. The first two are replacements for finished bottles and I'm still deciding about Ofresia. I like the idea of pairing white flowers with black pepper. I'm partial to pepper as a note, especially black pepper
    Avatar: the late, great Janis Joplin. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.

I doubt it's refillable because I've never seen that option promoted. However, I'm taking the bottle to the Diptyque store tomorrow afternoon where I suspect the newbie SAs there may have not seen the rectangular bottle style before.

I spoke with the Manager today and they're holding Eau Duelle edp, L'Ombre Dans L'Eau edt, and Ofresia edt for me. The first two are replacements for finished bottles and I'm still deciding about Ofresia. I like the idea of pairing white flowers with black pepper. I'm partial to pepper as a note, especially black pepper
    Exciting times! Enjoy. See you over in the other thread once tou get them.

I like black pepper in a perfume too. I’m pretty sure that Guerlain Héritage originally had black pepper and I loved that note, although now pink pepper is listed.

Sillage Monster

Quote Originally Posted by FiveoaksBouquet View Post
    I like black pepper in a perfume too. I’m pretty sure that Guerlain Héritage originally had black pepper and I loved that note, although now pink pepper is listed.
    Pink pepper is a little 'meh' to me, especially compared to black pepper. It seems pink pepper is sometimes, perhaps often, used to spice up otherwise boring fragrances, especially modern women's ones.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    I think my nose is just more sensitive than most then. For example, I can still smell Terre d'Hermès after the first 30 minutes.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil
    Currently wearing: Swiss Army by Swiss Army

Pink pepper is a little 'meh' to me, especially compared to black pepper. It seems pink pepper is sometimes, perhaps often, used to spice up otherwise boring fragrances, especially modern women's ones.
    Exactly.

Basenotes Plus

Last night I finished Chapeau Bleu by Marina Picasso.
    fa shizzle...

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    Depends what it is. For example, something lighter like Escale a Portofino or Diorella new EDT might need 6-8.
    My only regrets in life are the people I haven't stood up for,
    and the perfumes I've thrown away.

This morning I drained my 5 ml mini bottle of L'Occitane Terre de Lumiere L'eau. It was in my finish focus for several months now. It's a lovely and delicate scent, much lighter, flower-ier and romantic-er than the regular Terre de Lumiere. Will not repurchase, but it was fun. It took me only 34 wears to finish it as I was applying it very liberally. My Terre de Lumiere mini is still at least 1/3 full after much more wears - I had it prior BN and haven't counted, but I wore it quite a lot.

Talking about underspraying, overspraying or just spraying, to me it depends. I use at least seven sprays for my citruses and only two or at most three half-sprays for stuff like Opium or Meharees. My regular number of sprays is probably five to six - both wrists, both inner elbows, neck and sometimes the nape of the neck, too. For stronger scents I, for example, spray one wrist and then dab another with the juice. For lighter scents I sometimes spray my forearms, too, or sides of the neck instead of decollette. If it's summer and I'm wearing a dress, I'll spray the backs of my knees, too. But I rarely exceed 8 sprays even for the lightest stuff.

queen of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by ClockworkAlice View Post
    This morning I drained my 5 ml mini bottle of L'Occitane Terre de Lumiere L'eau. It was in my finish focus for several months now. It's a lovely and delicate scent, much lighter, flower-ier and romantic-er than the regular Terre de Lumiere. Will not repurchase, but it was fun. It took me only 34 wears to finish it as I was applying it very liberally. My Terre de Lumiere mini is still at least 1/3 full after much more wears - I had it prior BN and haven't counted, but I wore it quite a lot.

Talking about underspraying, overspraying or just spraying, to me it depends. I use at least seven sprays for my citruses and only two or at most three half-sprays for stuff like Opium or Meharees. My regular number of sprays is probably five to six - both wrists, both inner elbows, neck and sometimes the nape of the neck, too. For stronger scents I, for example, spray one wrist and then dab another with the juice. For lighter scents I sometimes spray my forearms, too, or sides of the neck instead of decollette. If it's summer and I'm wearing a dress, I'll spray the backs of my knees, too. But I rarely exceed 8 sprays even for the lightest stuff.
    I have taken to spraying my forearms rather than wrist since i feel tha hair holds the fragrance and adds one's own skin oil to the mix.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jujy54 View Post
    I have taken to spraying my forearms rather than wrist since i feel tha hair holds the fragrance and adds one's own skin oil to the mix.
    l've been doing this for years, & it definitely works for me.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: Ishtar by Rogue Perfumery

Quote Originally Posted by jujy54 View Post
    As an equal geography perfume applier, I see these two spots as mutually inclusive (and likely to be two among many).

I like to sniff my wrists through the day, so I almost always apply some on wrist.

Though despite being an avid hand-washer in normal times, during the pandemic the excessive handwashing made me rethink the spraying geography. And allowed me to actually spray more, because if anyone is unhappy that they can smell your perfume, you can say that they're not distancing enough.
    That's why I like dabbing and mini bottles - I can get the very small amount on all the locations I want and still not choke anyone out (including myself, of course).

Yes!

... and another flacon emptied but immediately replaced by a new 50ml bottle
    of Blenheim Bouquet by Penhaligon's

Something to translate: ... says the real important German cabaret artist Dieter Nuhr: "Und wenn nichts weiß, einfach mal die Fresse halten!"
    or
    Theoretisch steht jedem schwer arbeitenden Badener ein Schwabe als Haustier zu!

Quote Originally Posted by Paradeiserl View Post

Way to go! Don’t skip a beat.

Recently finished a travel size (7.5ml) bottle of Moonlight Patchouli by VC&A. I still have a large bottle that is currently being used and a backup, too.
    No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Paradeiserl View Post

Well done.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Aubépine-Acacia by Creed

Finished a 30 ml bottle of Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea Lavender.
    It took me less than three months and it's my personal record of draining a bottle right now. Although to be honest, I only wore it 13 times on my skin, the rest was joyfully sprayed on my towels, laundry and pillows - that's why it has gone so quickly.

It was a fun and calming scent, therefore it was great before bed - either on me or on my pillows, and it was especially nice since I started craving for lavender during the pandemic - and I never liked lavender much before. I bought it blind as a cheap lavender thrill and didn't regret it - but I like the original Green Tea way better, so I won't repurchase this one. (I also found I enjoy L'Occitane's Terre de Lumiere, Mon Guerlain and Lush's Twilight for comforting lavender purposes much more).

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19