Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Default Re: Today I Finished...

This week I finished my bottle of Chanel No. 19 EDT. I shall buy a backup bottle

I shall also finish the remaining of Les Parfums de Rosine Ecume de Rose before Christmas.

I just sold my half bottle of Tom Ford Black Orchid Vol de Fleur - old love has fallen apart.

It took me two years to downsize my collection to just above 50 bottles. I am in the middle of documenting, sorting my pile of samples.
    Last edited by j_mysscent; 14th November 2015 at 07:21 PM.

Last bottle I finished was a 50ml bottle of CK Euphoria. That was about 18 months ago, I think. I mostly used it as an inoffensive work scent. I don't think any bottles I currently own are anywhere near the end. I still have a 100ml Hugo Boss splash that I bought in 2006 that's still half full!

Blog Entries

Organza is gone!

Oh & l forgot; l also finished a bottle of Ginger by Lush recently. That's one l will miss, & it's discontinued.
    Last edited by teardrop; 19th November 2015 at 07:46 PM.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: Narcisse Noir by Caron

Finished my bottle of Nuit Etoilee EDT recently, I still have about half a bottle of the EDP left.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by jujy54 View Post
    How do you feel when you finish a bottle?
    Hard to remember as I finish so very few, but the few I do remember, it left me a bit depressed, especially if I couldn't replace it easily.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Montale Gold Flowers eau de parfum
    ----
    Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful. - William Morris

Blog Entries

l've recently finished bottles of Jasmin Noir & Ghost.

l still have the purse spray of Jasmin Noir that came in a set, & l'd already bought a back-up of Ghost, this time in the 100ml bottle. lt was only when l got it out of the box that l realised this bottle is HUGE, it towers over the rest of my collection! l really love it though, so l'm pleased l won't be running out anytime soon.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    l've recently finished bottles of Jasmin Noir & Ghost.

l still have the purse spray of Jasmin Noir that came in a set, & l'd already bought a back-up of Ghost, this time in the 100ml bottle. lt was only when l got it out of the box that l realised this bottle is HUGE, it towers over the rest of my collection! l really love it though, so l'm pleased l won't be running out anytime soon.
    By the powers vested in me, I name you...The Power Finisher!!! Ghost really is nice, I am happy for your gigantic bottle

Blog Entries

Thanks, Whitefluffy!

Blog Entries

A 3.4 ounce bottle of Prada Amber Pour Homme. Used it as a room sprayer for the guest restroom, it smells very well sanitized. Won't be repurchasing a bottle of it ever again.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Blog Entries

A 75ml bottle of Creed's Aventus:
    20151223_181850_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

queen of the universe

Myrurgia vintage Maderas de Oriente in "locion" formula, the big bottel to the left. I still have the "perfume de tocador" formulation. The locion is gamier, a dirty sandalwood if you will. I used this most often sprinkled into bathwater, and that is how I finished today. There is something I love about Spanish perfumery. Jonesing lately on Magn soap by LaToja.

P1030297.jpg
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!
    Currently wearing: Bowmakers by D.S. & Durga

Finishing a full bottle of Bottega Veneta.
    Currently wearing: Samsara by Guerlain

Basenotes Plus

What a great thread teardrop!!!!!!!

Realised that recently I put a bottles of Ambre Extreme by L'artisan and Ambre Precieux by Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier at the back of my cupboard as I was going through them so quickly.

The perfumes I have I like to revisit. They are like my library ....I don't know if I will ever completely read Resurrection by Toltsoy again, or everything by Proust.......but I know I will want to read parts of them.

There are about ten perfumes or so I know I have to have back up of as I wear them so often....Coco, Tient de neige, Chanel No 22, Rozy,Carillon pour un ange, Coze, Nahema, Vol de Nuit, Saffron Rose, Poal, Fille en Anguilles, Ambre Sultan, Poudre de Ritz, L'ombre fauve, L'humaniste and Liturgies des heures.

About to finish Graciella by Tocca...love the bottle but it is not like Stella or Cleopatra ....so it will probably go.

Have this feeling Nanban by Arquiste is going to join the *must have back up* .......it's just so beautiful!

Will report in when the next bottle is finished.

Again a great thread teardrop...thank you !
    "For the wise it is easy to go anywhere. Because the whole world is home to a good soul"....Democritus 470-370BC

Blog Entries

You're welcome sweetie, but it was jujy who started the thread!

Basenotes Plus

jujy so sorry......THANK YOU for a fabulous thread.

Am trying to rush around the forum and read a backlog of emails!

kind regards

sea roses
    "For the wise it is easy to go anywhere. Because the whole world is home to a good soul"....Democritus 470-370BC

I finished a 100 ml bottle of Arabian Oud Naya and have started on a new one.
    Currently wearing: Les Années 25 by Tauer

queen of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Roses View Post
    jujy so sorry......THANK YOU for a fabulous thread.

Am trying to rush around the forum and read a backlog of emails!

kind regards

sea roses
    No problem at all, darling. I'm happy to see that people contribute and find this a fun topic.

Banned

My bottle of vintage Eau d'Hadrien (what was left of it) has turned, so that's finished. I snoozed and lost. No backup available: seriously contemplating Guerlain Aqua Allegoria of some kind as consolation. Not the same at all, I know, but taking it as a sign to move on.

Banned

Tocca Bianca finished today! I need a backup.

queen of the universe

The last, last, last drops of Caron Acaciosa extrait (discontinued, I understand). Finishing this festive scent on my birthday seems just right.

I finished my bottle of Burberry London. Already have another bottle ready to go.

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Finished the 14 ml travel spray of 1740 Marquis de Sade that I had.

Excellent perfume, but the sillage seems to die quickly after one hour.

Will not repurchase.
    a bottle a day keeps the doc away

Perfume Reviews
    Sale Thread
    Swap Thread
    Wanted Thread
    Currently wearing: Chergui by Serge Lutens

queen of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by thediamondsea View Post
    My bottle of vintage Eau d'Hadrien (what was left of it) has turned, so that's finished. I snoozed and lost. No backup available: seriously contemplating Guerlain Aqua Allegoria of some kind as consolation. Not the same at all, I know, but taking it as a sign to move on.
    There is no doubt in my mind that the last quarter of any bottle needs to be finished off! Moreso if not a spray. I've taken to finishing off the very last in an flurry of daily, lavish use. Nothing like a festive send-off!

I have not actually finished them yet, but the goal is in my sights and I am determined to accomplish it. I have a partial bottle of Cuir Beluga and Angelique Noire that are getting old and I fear they will go off as the color has gotten quite dark and the smell is slightly altered. I am bathing in them before bed and drifting off in a sweet cloud every night now. Will report when the last ml has been sprayed, goal is by April 27 when I head back to Montrêal for the summer. I have not finished a bottle in many years so this will be cause for celebration!

Quote Originally Posted by jujy54 View Post
    Must say I saved the bottle, as I can still smell it quite distinctly. Will toss when I no longer can.

It's really what I do

Yesterday I finished Villoresi Sandalo, a vintage bottle.
    I'm OK with finishing a lot of my fragrances, just have a hard time letting the pretty bottles go. But I've learned to say goodby and put them in the recycling bin (after a proper goodbye and a last sniff from the sprayer). I don't want to accumulate a lot of stuff I don't use even if they're pretty and decorative. I would send them to interested people but the postage fees are unreasonable.
    Currently wearing: Zen for Men by Shiseido

Blog Entries

l just finished a bottle of Alien, one of my very favourites. l will replace it at some point, but l'm not in a hurry, as l still have bottles of Essence Absolue & Liqueur de Parfum to keep me going.

A 2.5 oz. of vintage Zino Davidoff...

This week I almost finished a 1.7 oz bottle of vintage Villoresi Vetiver. By almost I mean I gave the last few millimeters to a good friend of mine. He's a vetiver fan and I just wanted him to experience it. But anyway it's now gone (whispers: and I kinda miss it ugh).

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast