Code of Conduct

Default What fragrances bring back a past good memory for you?

There are a handful of fragrances that serve as a nostalgic factor when I see the bottle or smell the scent. one of the most nostalgic ones is a fragrance that actually might have started my interest in this hobby back when I was a young boy. That fragrance is the classic clavin Klein's obsession for men. Id say back as early as 1996 was when I used to smell this stuff on my uncle's best friend. I never knew what it was nor did I ever ask but It smelled so pleasing and it was definitely the dry down because it was a lot of spicy vanilla scent clouds around. Until I finally asked my aunt and she told me that its obsession and was later confirmed by him that it is obsession. This next one is kind of a new found memory. I recently bought a decant of Chanel platinum egoiste, and instantaneously had a brain storm. The sort of tingly dry down this stuff has used to linger around my neighbor when I was a child. I used to come over his house to play with his granddaughters and grandson's when I was a child. I thought wow so that's what I was always smelling in the mid 90's. Makes sense because this was released in 1993.

Default Re: What fragrances bring back a past good memory for you?

The best memories of wearing a particular fragrance would have to be from Abercrombie & Fitch Fierce. For whatever reason, I was the only person who was wearing this fragrance my freshman year of high school. I just moved to the school district and was very lost my first day. I go in to my business foundations class and the teacher assigns me a seat next to the most beautiful blonde I have ever seen. Naturally, I was waaaay too nervous to say a word to her when the class was dismissed, the beautiful blonde walks up to me, grabs me by the back of my head and seductively takes the longest sniff of my neck, making this sexy "oooooooh" noise. She said, "That is the best smelling cologne I have ever come across. Wear it tomorrow" and she walked away. I was so shocked that I think I just stood there for a minute.
    Another guy from the class walks up to me and asks how I know the girl. I just shrugged my shoulder and said I didn't know her. He emphatically said, "Dude. She's the hottest, most popular senior at the school. what the F*** are you wearing?" I felt like I was in a short movie, getting the hottest girl in the school and not even realizing it...except this movie was advertising A&F Fierce.
    You bet your ass I did not tell ANYONE what I was wearing. I wore Fierce loud and proud to my business foundations class that entire semester, and I will always have a bottle of that in my dresser, even if I don't wear it often. When I see her from time to time, she still has to smell my neck very first thing. And I don't mind one bit
    "All the best perfumes in history have something that smells like garbage in them; that's what keeps drawing you back."

The first fragrances that I tested and made me discover the fragrance hobby in the first place are the ones bringing back some of the best memories. Apart from truly special fragrances (mostly vintage formulations of 80s designer classics), they evoke to me a certain mood, feeling, mindset of tastefulness, carelessness, opulence, serenity and ease.

Chanel No. 5, Chanel No. 22, Chanel No. 19, Charlie (original) and L'air du Temps - all remind me of my mom, Shalimar, reminds me of one of my Grandmas, Yardley English Lavender, the other Grandma, Tabu, my favorite old Aunt, Dolce y Gabana Light Blue for Women of an ex I still hold dear, Bay Rum (not sure which one), one of my Grandpas, Obsession for Her, my current g/f - Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur, a period of my own life, any good Patchouli oil, another period of my life. There is one other scent that I am not sure what cologne/perfume it is but it is like the scent of lilacs on the breeze, and that was the scent of my Great Grandmother. Scent has always been important to me.

Aramis Havana !!
    Looking for Creed Spice & Wood / swap fragances , Creed Vingate Tabarome and more... http://www.basenotes.net/threads/374...me-Cuir-Beluga

Two actually - Balafre (my wedding) and No.1 limited by Clive Christian (my son)

(3426)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Years ago I used to wear colors by Benetton in college and on some exotic holidays. The scent always brings back good memories.

Hahaa! Thats an awesome story. I was smiling while reading it. Now im a little confused. You were a freshman and she was senior? Are you currently in highschool and still see her? If you do please put on some moves and rail that!

Fahrenheit reminds me of the internetless early 90s.

Prada pour homme reminds never of our honeymoon.

Micallef & Diptyque remind me of college.

for swap/sale:

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by PonyBoy View Post
    Hahaa! Thats an awesome story. I was smiling while reading it. Now im a little confused. You were a freshman and she was senior? Are you currently in highschool and still see her? If you do please put on some moves and rail that!
    I liked the story too. I'm hoping he has good memories of the eventual consumation :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Blog Entries

Preferred Stock- 1st compliment

Polo - my 1st fragrance. Use to wear so much of it you could probably smell me from a mile away. Good times.

Dirty English - never wore it until about a year ago, but it reminds me of camping when I was a child for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Polo - my 1st fragrance. Use to wear so much of it you could probably smell me from a mile away. Good times.

Dirty English - never wore it until about a year ago, but it reminds me of camping when I was a child for some reason.
    Speaking of Polo...I'm looking for Vintage Polo Green if anyone can help out.

Oscar de la Renta Pour Lui reminds me of my Dad.
    Giorgio of Beverly Hills reminds me of my Grandfather.
    Chanel Pour Monsieur reminds me of college.

Quote Originally Posted by PonyBoy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DanHD View Post
    I liked the story too. I'm hoping he has good memories of the eventual consumation :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am now a junior in college and she is a college grad! For me to still remember that story in detail should tell you how hott she was and still is! hahah. The most we ever did was go on a few dates and go to a few parties together. Honestly, she would have been a keeper! I will say that I THINK my use of Fierce made those parties a little more memorable
    "All the best perfumes in history have something that smells like garbage in them; that's what keeps drawing you back."

VIW when I was living in the south of France (Cannes) for a short time. VIW works wonders in a tropical climate like that.
    Well enjoying what you're wearing is crucial, it is of the utmost importance to wear something that others like as well.

Basenotes Plus

Obsession For Men, Calvin Klein.
    Reminds me of Michelle.

Old Spice. Reminds me of my pops. God bless him.