Code of Conduct

Default Dolce and gabbana pour homme vintage on ebay (thread will be taken down quickly)

Don't want to flood the forum with pointless threads so I will take it down when I get a few responses. I have been searching here and there for the vintage dolce and gabbana pour home with the sticker on it. I believe there were 3 versions vintage being made in Italy, then the embossed bottle was in Germany (I own this one) and the current one in England I think. This is highly debatable whether or not they are all the same. I have a decant of the original stuff from decant shop and it is definitely different. The vintage is more spicy and softer which I prefer and the bottle I own is heavy on the citrus which is excellent as well. Should I trust bidding on this and would it be a decent price if I were to win it for lets say 60 dollars? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tchlink:top:en

Default Re: Dolce and gabbana pour homme vintage on ebay (thread will be taken down quickly)

According to checkcosmetics, this bottle has been made in 2006 and $60 is a good price, imo.

Default Re: Dolce and gabbana pour homme vintage on ebay (thread will be taken down quickly)

yea that's the first thing I did was check that out.

checkcosmetic.net is not very accurate with Dolce & Gabbana batches. As long as it has a sticker label and it is Made in Italy, then I'm sure it is the vintage formulation.

Thanks for that but im going to go ahead and ask the person for more pics. I need more convincing proof lol

If you have patience I think you can do better, but if you really want it and have the money, I suggest buying it if the price doesn't go through the roof.

It might not be good, cause it is used. I am sure there will be unused vintage popping up in ebay,

by better you mean?

do you guys think the link 1280adam shared is legit? I contacted the seller for additional pictures.

Looks like someone already scooped it up. That price was too low to sleep on lol.

The vintage one will have Euroitalia written on the bottom sticker. This one has P&G written on it and is not worth IMHO.
    Last edited by worthy_sam; 26th January 2014 at 10:57 PM.

SON OF B**** MAN! I was literally about to say screw it and just purchase it this morning now ughhh. DAMN IT

There are always more out there, haha. No worries!

Quote Originally Posted by worthy_sam View Post
    The vintage one will have Euroitalia written on the bottom sticker. This one has P&G written on it and is not worth IMHO.
    This bottle is from 2006 (after 2005 P&G took over) but they did not alter the juice between 2000-2008/09!
    I have 6 'Made in Italy' bottles now (it's my favorite fragrance in vintage formulation) and they are all from 2000-2008 (pre- and post P&G period) and they all smell exactly the same! Smell, sillage and longevity is equal with all of them and only the bottom sticker changed (also not always by the way)! The juice was only altered when the embossed 'Made In Germany' appeared (as of the end of 2008) but not earlier (see also many other threads about this subject). Mind that the 'Made in Italy' bottles from 1994-2000 are a little stronger than the 2000-2008/09 'Made in Italy' bottlings! But these are very very hard, if not to get anymore.

I'd buy it without any doubt as this is very cheap for a 125ml bottle and the bottle is 100% real as far as I can see!
    Last edited by Slayerized; 27th January 2014 at 11:47 AM.
    My Top '10' : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Loewe: Esencia/Pour Homme/Solo/7
    - Guerlain: Homme L'Eau Boisee
    - Pal Zileri: Cuoio
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Amouage: Jubilation XXV
    - Dior: Homme Intense
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)

Default Dolce and gabbana pour homme vintage on ebay (thread will be taken down quickly)

http://bit.ly/1hE0tzi

http://bit.ly/MkduEy

Some examples.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by iMac; 27th January 2014 at 12:02 PM.

With these kind of ads you must as ask for real pics as otherwise u might end up with a German/Uk version as he says they are 'new'.
    Sticker bottles are at least 6 years old.
    My Top '10' : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Loewe: Esencia/Pour Homme/Solo/7
    - Guerlain: Homme L'Eau Boisee
    - Pal Zileri: Cuoio
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Amouage: Jubilation XXV
    - Dior: Homme Intense
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)

True, there was once I got a not as description perfume item as stated in the photo. After I gave a negative feedback, the seller refunded my money and I kept the perfume. Of course I need to amend the feedback to positive. Feedback is the seller reputation. See the feedback %, is very important for him. There was once, I brought a omega watch in eBay and the seller gave me oversea call twice asking for the positive feedback.

I like to say that the buyer reputation is also very important. With positive and lots of buying history and feedback, only than I got the kind of negotiation advantage.

I already purchased a 2.5 ounce used euroitalia bottle, there is a possibility I might snag this one. It actually ended and nobody bidded on it. It should be relisted soon by the seller.

Hi all!

I have a nice experience to share with you.
    Recently I managed to buy three 125 ml bottles of the vintage version on ebay UK. There was only one picture uploaded of the three sealed vintage boxes. I used to trade with fragrances, I used this D&Ga lot, so driven by my intuitions I purchased them for a very low buy it now price!
    The fortunate thing with the vintage version is that the sellers in the UK very often don't know what they are selling. As my example shows they wanted to get rid of an old stock, as there are younger editions on the market. This explains the low price. And yes, they still pop up occasionally on ebay, so it is worth hunting for it.
    When my parcel arrived all three boxes were sealed with the D&G sticker. The corners of the boxes show signs of wear and some knocking about. Text, material, quality are all fine.
    I opened one and found everything perfect. Even the sticker on the bottle perfectly indicates the effect of the years it spent on the shleves or the trips between shops. The sticker was rubbing against the box, so slight abrasion can be noticed on the sticker and on the inner wall of the box.
    Cap fine, dispenser exactly what we are used to from this bottle.
    Made in Italy by Euroitalia. Batch number has 7 digits. Printed on the bottom sticker and also on the box.
    And finally the scent itself. Immediately noticeable the dominant spicyness and the heavier notes. Everything what the users of the vintage version well know!
    I have a small bottle of the German bottling and of course I did a comparison straight away. I have the same experience: the reformulation stays more citrusy although for the first one minute they are almost identical. But then the spicyness kicks off and starts the magic. The D&G PH vintage version brings up nice memories, and does everything what all the other bottles what I used to use did 15 years ago.

20140214_095010[2].jpg
    20140214_095103[1].jpg20140214_100839[1].jpg
    20140223_150346[1].jpg20140223_152559[1].jpg