Code of Conduct

Default Dior Intense Help

Hi all a newbie here, male in late 30s, god that sounds like the start of a online dating profile or something.

Was on the way home yesterday at Kings X station and this guy walked infront of me to get on the escalator and I was whacked by this scent clean on, the sillage was immense. I got half way up and had to ask him what it was and it was Dior Intense. Now I have searched for it this evening with a view of getting a bottle and googled it and found heaps upon heaps of information here (didnt know such a forum existed) I have read through the various threads and didnt realise there are many different releases, unfortunately I didnt know this so unaware what version the chap was wearing, I can only assume the latest one otherwise he would have said different?

Anyway, as said I have read through the threads on here and gained more information on it. I see it is not stocked everywhere so have gone for the trusted source in John Lewis online. My question is this:

People say the sillage and projection is 10/10 in a lot of the reviews, so I am debating between whether to get the eau de parfum of toilette, I think I will go for the parfum but if anyone has tried the both would appreciate your responses

Default Re: Dior Intense Help

Dior Homme Intense only comes in Eau de Parfum. Anything else is not Dior Homme Intense but a different scent. There is Dior Homme and Dior Homme Cologne but they are not what you want.

Dior homme intense is an edp concentration, so that is the one you want (Dior homme is just edt).

Just go with the most recent formulation, the differences are so minimal that it barely matters, and recent reports of the newest version (post October 2013) claim that it is excellent and very similar in smell to the older vintage version (despite being somewhat lighter in color).

That being said I have not myself tried this newest version. But I think you can't go wrong with any of them really.

If the man told you it was called "Dior Intense" the only thing it could be is Dior Homme Intense. It's an amazing perfume and gets a lot of love. There is only one version by that name.

Thanks guys really appreciate the swift responses, think the eau de toilette Dior Intense comes from website results whereby people have used that as a tag to get it higher up the rankings and thus confusing me. I have noticed that they are all parfums though when looking. One final question.

In John Lewis it is £84 for 150ml LINK
    But at Escentual it is £71 for 150ml LINK

I have never bought from escentual before are they reputable? Seems so from what I have checked

Are you absolutely sure he said "Dior Intense" ...?

As others have said, the only thing it could be is Dior Homme Intense. Dior Homme Intense is, more or less, a more intense version of Dior Homme. It's not the same, but it's quite similar, so, if you can't find Dior Homme Intense locally, you should at least be able to find Dior Homme. Try it. Make sure you spray it on your skin - don't just sniff the bottle or spray it on paper and smell that. Smell it on your skin. If you like it, odds are high that you'd like Dior Homme Intense enough to risk blind buying it. Keep in mind that smelling it on someone else isn't the same as smelling it on yourself all day long... but like I said... if you find that you like Dior Homme, you'll probably enjoy wearing Dior Homme Intense.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Thanks all for the responses, I did post earlier but seems it might be a spam block as a newbie and needs approval.

Seems the above thread has got through. Thanks all for the informative responses, I searched for Dior Intense and saw results on google for Dior Intense Eau de Toilette and Parfum. I assume a lot of online companies put that as a search term to bring you to their website hence why I thought there was a toilette version.

My next question is this if you dont mind. I see the 150ml bottle on sale at John lewis for £84 but I also see it on a website called escentual for £71. The reviews for escentual look good but I have never bought from there before, Is it safe? I know some websites sell black market copies of scents so dont want to get into that.

John Lewis
    Escentual

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post

As others have said, the only thing it could be is Dior Homme Intense. Dior Homme Intense is, more or less, a more intense version of Dior Homme. It's not the same, but it's quite similar, so, if you can't find Dior Homme Intense locally, you should at least be able to find Dior Homme. Try it. Make sure you spray it on your skin - don't just sniff the bottle or spray it on paper and smell that. Smell it on your skin. If you like it, odds are high that you'd like Dior Homme Intense enough to risk blind buying it. Keep in mind that smelling it on someone else isn't the same as smelling it on yourself all day long... but like I said... if you find that you like Dior Homme, you'll probably enjoy wearing Dior Homme Intense.
    Thanks for this, I dont buy blind, was more a case of researching whilst the name was still fresh in my mind, will pop and get a few testers of it first.

Have spent the last couple of hours on this forum, looks like I will be staying too. Never thought there would be a forum like this for some reason. Have many scents from the likes of creed, Ford Oud down to the cartier and Givenchy's. Looks like I will have to get my debit card out a bit more now!

Seems the above post has got through, think my ther post was held because I used links in it to John Lewis and Escentual.

Thanks all for the informative responses, I searched for Dior Intense and saw results on google for Dior Intense Eau de Toilette and Parfum. I assume a lot of online companies put that as a search term to bring you to their website hence why I thought there was a toilette version.

My next question is this if you dont mind. I see the 150ml bottle on sale at John lewis for £84 but I also see it on a website called escentual for £71. The reviews for escentual look good but I have never bought from there before, Is it safe? I know some websites sell black market copies of scents so dont want to get into that.

Thanks for this, I dont buy blind, was more a case of researching whilst the name was still fresh in my mind, will pop and get a few testers of it first.

Have spent the last couple of hours on this forum, looks like I will be staying too. Never thought there would be a forum like this for some reason. Have many scents from the likes of creed, Ford Oud down to the cartier and Givenchy's. Looks like I will have to get my debit card out a bit more now!

David Jones and Myer both stock these in Oz in the Dior section. I think cost is about 120 dollars if you want to sample prior to purchase.

Banned
    Blog Entries

You might want to get a decant to see how it performs on you..
    Not everyone will be honest if you ask them what they are wearing also..

Quote Originally Posted by adam090273 View Post
    David Jones and Myer both stock these in Oz in the Dior section. I think cost is about 120 dollars if you want to sample prior to purchase.
    Thanks, this was kings x station in London UK not Oz.

@Tony T thanks

Quote Originally Posted by keyser666 View Post
    Seems the above post has got through, think my ther post was held because I used links in it to John Lewis and Escentual.

Thanks all for the informative responses, I searched for Dior Intense and saw results on google for Dior Intense Eau de Toilette and Parfum. I assume a lot of online companies put that as a search term to bring you to their website hence why I thought there was a toilette version.

Escentual is a very reputable site so you can order from them with no worries. Enjoy the DHI.
    Welcome to basenotes.
    Want to trade - Tom Ford Extreme for Windsor, Amber Absolute, Aventus x02....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

CHEAP CREED SPLITS
    Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya, Aventus, Tabarome
    plus Amouage Honour & Fate Man

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/393...92#post3296892

Dont worry about sampling and seeing how it performs and blah blah. Just get it. this is supposed to be fun. You found something that you think smells really great so just go for it. There will be plenty of time in the future for you to test and sample and analyze hundreds of fragrances if you really get into this. Just enjoy smelling good for now.
    Want to trade - Tom Ford Extreme for Windsor, Amber Absolute, Aventus x02....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

CHEAP CREED SPLITS
    Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya, Aventus, Tabarome
    plus Amouage Honour & Fate Man

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/393...92#post3296892

if you find that you like Dior Homme, you'll probably enjoy wearing Dior Homme Intense.
    Oddly enough I didn't, but I think this is a pretty safe statement for most people. I have issues with vanilla and I found the vanilla to be too much in DHI. Dior Homme I quite like. It gives me more of a fresh vibe, although there is something that comes across as rather synthetic.

The other possibility is that it was one of those people who can't stand the thought of others wearing the same scent and just said Dior Intense to throw you off the trail.

It was probably actually Aventus
    Last edited by Darjeeling; 26th January 2014 at 03:50 AM.

Also used to order from Escentual before the shipping restrictions to the States. Never had a problem with them.

(3436)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Hi Keyser
    As you are in the UK you will find Dior Homme Intense in every high street department store so you can easily test it. It's even stocked at Boots chemists. Try the regular Dior Homme too if you like more of the iris than the cocoa.
    I've ordered lots of fragrances from Escentual and they are excellent.

Once again thanks for the responses, I have thrown caution to the wind and ordered it. Thanks all for the welcome I hope to be able to contribute going forward and think I have a lot to learn

DHI comes only in edp.

DHI is truly an exquisite fragrance, I am sure you will be very happy with your purchase.
    My Current Top 10:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Prada Amber pour Homme (2006)
    Live Jazz (1998)
    Eau des Baux (2006)
    Midnight in Paris EDP (2010)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)
    Eau Duelle (2010)

Great fragrance!

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    If the man told you it was called "Dior Intense" the only thing it could be is Dior Homme Intense. It's an amazing perfume and gets a lot of love. There is only one version by that name.
    Yes, this stuff is beautiful....so is Dior Homme but instead of the cocoa becoming the protagonist and iris in the background it's the iris that has star role and cocoa in the background in its entirety that is DH ...both are worthy to have DH for warmer temps and DHI for cooler temps...
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "