Code of Conduct

Default S.O.T.D. - Sunday, 26 January, 2014.

Hi everyone - have a great day!

Ore - Slumberhouse.

Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Sunday, 26 January, 2014.

Hello everyone. Lyn Harris La Poudree.
    DONNA

Basenotes Plus

Good morning all !. Weather outside looks pretty vile - one has to feel sympathy for those areas with flood warnings still in place. When we were approaching Heathrow a couple of weeks back we were amazed by the amount of surface water everywhere. The uncertainty for those involved must be mentally draining. Somerset looks particularly bad.

Definitely a tennis theme here today. SotD is Penhaligon's Racquets Formula.

Chosen in preparation for today's Australian Open Final - I imagine Mrs E will be enjoying it .

Last edited by JON RODGERS; 26th January 2014 at 12:44 PM.

YSL M7 - the "not that bad" reformulation.

OOOPS I aplogise, wrong sotd section :P

Mike sounds like you had a wonderful time. I love a nice pair of shoes and yours sound very swish, especially the heel. As for enabling my lipstick graffiti urges I restrained myself from decorating the walls but I may mark something else before I leave beige bathroom tiles.

Heavens Ms ExtremeK you smelled extraordinary! That is a reality altering combination of drink and scent. Now were there any oysters?

Much happier after ComDiva's comparison of Bois des Îles. In Acqua di Parma Colonia today. Still in need of hugs but I’ll make do with macarons, trash fiction and a sample of Lipstick Rose this evening.

I definitely get a whack of aldehydes, sweet violet and berry at the beginning before it settled down to tea rose, vetiver, vanilla and musk. Quite deceptive this one you think it’s all sweet and innocent then slowly something altogether sexier and substantial starts to develop.

We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Afternoon All,

Vintage L'Heure Bleue extrait today.
    Props to Wawrinka for his win at the tennis.

Have a great Sunday, folks.

Blog Entries

l agree Jon, the weather is indeed vile, & every time it rains l feel for those poor folks getting flooded. This is surely the wettest winter we've had in many a year.

What a bizarre tennis final that was!

No plans to leave the house today; l'm wearing Tabac Aurea to do a few chores & then relax with a glass of vino.

Have a lovely Sunday, everyone! And enjoy those macarons, Xscent. Have one for me!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus

In sympathy for those dealing with bad weather. It snowed again yesterday, dumping another four inches onto what we'd just finished clearing. Just enough to be a nuisance. Ugh.

SOTD is Donna Karan Gold. Wish you all a great day.

"I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Sampling Hermes Hiris this morning
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Arboretum by Le Prince Jardinier

(3443)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

No oysters, unfortunately, Xscent -- but there was an amazing bison meatloaf to kick off the night

Also, David *adores* M -- perhaps more than Amber Absolute, even. I think a 60ml bottle is in my near future!

Feeling a tad tender this morning. More espresso necessary, I think.

Meanwhile, I dug out my sample of PG Indochine, and I'm really enjoying it. M. Guillaume seems to be scratching all of my olfactory itches this winter.

Thumbs up Re: S.O.T.D. - Sunday, 26 January, 2014.

from samples
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Basenotes Plus

Xscent, consider me extremely envious of your sighting - the Bali Starling is critically endangered and being an endemic species it is unlikely ever to cross my radar. Impressed .

In need of a relaxing way to round off the weekend. Decided on a glass of merlot and the soothing qualities of vintage L'Heure Bleue extrait. Combinations don't come much better ...

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    ... amazed by the amount of surface water everywhere. The uncertainty for those involved must be mentally draining.
    Yes, flooding must be draining. [insert rolly eyes]

ExtremeK, don't sell me on that Pure Distance line. I don't want to lose control of my wallet when I visit The Scent Bar in two months.

There's a bottle of Mosel Riesling chilling on the concrete floor in the unheated back hall. We usually drink reds, but special occasions call for having something different from the norm. It's our 35th wedding anniversary today, and I'm wearing his favorite: the resin-rich ICONOfly Attache Moi.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Hello all,
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, vintage

Basenotes Plus

Glass of merlot now raised in the direction of Wisconsin.

Congratulations Mr and Mrs Q

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone! Well the weatherman was right, we have blizzard conditions today. Very nasty outside right now, especially the wind.

Happy 35th Anniversary to Quarry and Mr. Q. I hope you have a very happy day together!!

Wearing Escada Country Sport Weekend this afternoon.

Have a nice Sunday, everyone!

Blog Entries

Congratulations Mr & Mrs Q, have a very happy anniversary!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Quote Originally Posted by easyfish View Post
    Hello all,
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, vintage
    I had a hearty laugh at this ad. Very funny (nowadays)!

I'm wearing Bellodgia today.

Blog Entries

Parfums DelRae-
    Début

Congratulations Quarry and Mr.Q!

I had no time to rest this weekend, cleaning the house, cooking and driving my daughter to lessons most of the day ( thanks God it's her last year at school!).

Reading your posts I really need a glass of wine too now, but my husband would not be very happy if I opened a bottle for myself and then I have already finished drinking an orange-vodka cocktail so...

I will indulge in wearing one of my extraits, though,

Sacrebleu - Parfums de Nicolaï

Last edited by *dora*; 26th January 2014 at 06:28 PM.

Jon, my goodness, what a gorgeous, evocative photo! I think I *want* to visit Paris in February/March, if it looks like that. LOVE.

Happy Anniversary to the Quarries! I haven't tried any of the other Puredistance fragrances -- just M. But my gosh, Quarry, it's *divine*. It doesn't have the ashy/tarry aspect that I get from Tuscan Leather, but that leather is just damn luxurious and the patchouli/moss/cistus/musk combination is the sexiest thing I've ever smelled. While Cuir d'Russie, Bandit, and Tabac Blond don't work at all for me, M kills it and fills the gap in my wardrobe represented by those other sexy, whip-smart fragrances. My hat's off to Xscent for nudging me in its direction!

David's going to do a bespoke fragrance with Kerosene, so I've been helping him with that. So much fun!

Blog Entries

Happy
    Anniversary,
    Mr. & Mrs.
    Quarry!

Happy anniversary, Quarry!

All this talk of M--ExtremeK--SIXTY ML?? Ohhhhh, my! I do agree that Tabac Blond, Cuir de Russie and Bandit have not been big winners for me. Yes, M is the answer!

Today, revisiting Daim Blond. Did like the first sampling several months back but it has grown on me.

La Pausa by Chanel

summer means fireflys

I'm joining Jon in L'Heure Bleue tonight ... I'm soooo lazy today. I guess I just needed a day of lounging.

Congratulations and happy anniversary Mr and Mrs Quarry!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Happy Anniversary, dear Quarry!

The cold persists here; I'm taking it easy today and just reading a book. I slept very late. Scent is beyond me today.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Arboretum by Le Prince Jardinier

(3443)
    I love this one!

Envy by Gucci today.

Happy Anniversary to Quarry and her Mr. Q
    Betsy
    Items in my wardrobe not in the fragrance directory:
    Exhilarators (Elizabeth Arden Bath and Body Spa from 1980's - no relation to Sun Flowers )
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

Wearing Lady Vengeance by Juliet Has a Gun today.

Basenotes Institution

I could have sworn that I posted today, but then I realized oh...that was yesterday. That ever happen to you?

Busy morning - wore Santal Blanc by Serge Lutens because I knew that I was going to have a massage at noon (it was fantastic!) and I always like wearing SB for my massages (it's a silly little ritual I have). Went to the mall after that and smelled some scents @ Nordstrom's (and some candles from Diptyque - I almost bought their Santal candle but they're so expensive). Came home and took a long nap. Woke up and went to a friends house to watch The Grammy's & eat pizza wearing Mysore Sandalwood oil by Dawn Spencer Hurwitz

Happy Happy Happy Anniversary to you Quarry and your lovely husband. 35 years is an amazing accomplishment. ((bear hugs))
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

ExtremeK, this is my mama's home town, not Paris! You are welcome to visit any time, they have lots of history, cheap hotels and plenty of beer too! (Mama does not speak English, be forewarned!) Perfume desert though, a few Body Shops (and no, these do not work on your vehicle) and 2 Yves Rocher brick-n-mortar shops. The end. Oh, no, not the end: I am thinking of her every day and we gotta go home this coming fall, I dream.

Armani Prive Cuir Amethyste
    . Compliment galore today, must be the NW winds. (Vile weather here too -- temps drop 50 degrees in one day, winds, snowglobe USA).
    Last edited by Twolf; 27th January 2014 at 04:11 AM.

Before I left to a home Bible study, I spritzed about 3-4 squirts of vintage Dior Poison, forgetting that it was Dior Poison! Needless to say, I was kind of a perfume bomb. I asked someone if I reeked, she said I was fine but the lady I sat next to kept rubbing her nose. Not sure if it was my perfume though. I bombed myself out..so I can't imagine the kind of bomb I could have been to others. Lol, then I found out a few of the people there were Seahawks fans, so I didn't feel so bad, haha. I kid..a little, hehe. They asked me if I wanted to watch the game with them..as a Niner fan, not too sure about that, last year I had to hear enough of Ravens fans..so..ya. But ya, I am bombs away in Dior Poison EDT

Happy Anni to the Quarrys!
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicagoista View Post
    All this talk of M--ExtremeK--SIXTY ML?? Ohhhhh, my! I do agree that Tabac Blond, Cuir de Russie and Bandit have not been big winners for me. Yes, M is the answer!

Today, revisiting Daim Blond. Did like the first sampling several months back but it has grown on me.
    HA! Yes, Chicagoista, I think there's a 17.5ml test tube-looking thingy, a 60ml flacon, and a 100ml flacon. With the 100ml checking in at nearly $600, I'm going to swallow hard and shell out for the 60ml instead. Right now, Carnal Flower is my priciest bottle, but M will take the crown once I pull the trigger. Btw, I love Daim Blond. It's either #1 or #2 on my all-time most-worn list!

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    ExtremeK, this is my mama's home town, not Paris! You are welcome to visit any time, they have lots of history, cheap hotels and plenty of beer too! (Mama does not speak English, be forewarned!) Perfume desert though, a few Body Shops (and no, these do not work on your vehicle) and 2 Yves Rocher brick-n-mortar shops. The end. Oh, no, not the end: I am thinking of her every day and we gotta go home this coming fall, I dream.

Armani Prive Cuir Amethyste
    . Compliment galore today, must be the NW winds. (Vile weather here too -- temps drop 50 degrees in one day, winds, snowglobe USA).
    Twolf, which city is it? I'll need to add it to my travel list for sure And you did smell lovely today -- violets and leather … mmmmm! With windchill, we have dropped nearly 70 degrees in one afternoon. The weather is bonkers this winter.

kalli, LOL! That cloud of Poison is like carrying another person along with you, isn't it? Gosh, I miss those 80s powerhouses.

I PMed you. Hey, would you like to keep the rest of what's I have left in that bottle of Cuir Amethyste? (i do not know how much is left, I will try to submerge it tomorrow, my day off)?

It sure is EK, I love the powerhouses but 4 squirts was a bit much, my friend there said I smelled good, like I said.. but I do know she likes to wear bigger perfumes as well, like Beautiful..so perhaps I didn't ask the best person..lol, she said I smelled good. I thought, did you really get a whiff of me? Cause it's a whole cloud of Dior here. LOL, like I felt like Linus from the Peanuts..how he has that cloud around him everywhere he goes. I thought if anyone has any allergies, sorry! This was made before Big Brother changed any of the ingredients!
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.