Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default S.O.T.D. - Monday, 27 January, 2014.

Hi everyone - have a great day!

Mazzolari - Patchouly.

Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 27 January, 2014.

Good Morning,

Uncle Serge's Sa Majesté la Rose.

Wishing everyone a good start to the working week.

Thumbs up Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 27 January, 2014.

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Good morning perfumistas!

Another day in Alien for me.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Belated Happy Anniversary to Quarry and her Mr Q. How wonderful to have found such a lasting love. Cheers to many more happy years together.

As a fellow fan of M and shameless enabler I hope you do sniff the Puredistance line. I’ve tried Antonia and own Opardu. Both stunning florals, neither are sillage monsters but they do last. Antonia starts off sparkling and green and dries down to something cosy and comforting. It opens with a lush greenness, progresses to a soft floral heart (jasmine, ylang, rose and iris) laced with vetiver and galbanum then dries down to cosy mossy vanilla, amber and ylang affair. Compared to Opardu, Antonia feels 'younger' but is still elegant and classic. Opardu has the plushest floral openings I have come across, it really feels opulent. It opens with beautifully rendered lilac, gardenia, jasmine, tuberose and rose and then progresses to this romantic and sexy milky/powdery/woody dry down. I find it a very seductive fragrance and vey nostalgic feeling like stepping back to the time of the Great Gatsby.

Jon it sounds like maybe a side trip to Bali is in order next time you are in the southern hemisphere. There is a wonderful bird sanctuary in the mountains that’s dedicated to preserving the diversity of bird life in the area.

Teardrop dedicated my favourite flavour to you (salted caramel ) and... I scoffed the lot. Zumba is an amazing patisserie and his macarons are awesome.

ExtremeK I haven’t tried bison, I've been told it's similar to beef but leaner? Sounds a perfect substitute for making Beef Wellingtons. I bet it would pair beautifully with truffle laced duxelle and a rich red wine jus.

Sampling Malle's French Lover this evening. That doesn’t sound quite right or at least something I should be admitting to.

Last edited by Xscent; 27th January 2014 at 11:20 AM.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Basenotes Plus

Good morning all !. Wolfie, I had a feeling you would correctly identify yesterday's pic. 10/10 .

Millesime Imperial - no finer way to start a new week .

Basenotes Plus

Belated anniversary greetings to Mr and Mrs Quarry and many happy returns of the day.
    Roberto, you smell gorgeous today as always. xxoo

SOTD is Badgley Mischka.

Wish you all a smooth start to your week.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Noir Gabardine by LM Parfums

(3481)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Sampling Hermès Hermèssence Vanille Galante today
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Vintage Cabochard parfum for me today

Hello all. 31 Rue Cambon.
    DONNA

Pure Malt

Basenotes Institution

Puma - vintage Cabochard - Hmmmm...that stuff is gorgeous. Enjoy!
    I will echo what has already been said about M - I loved the sample I got and I could easily own a bottle of it. I am not a big fan of leather scent, but this one is easy to love.

I was going to wear one of my new decants I just got in last week, but I really need to whittle away at my sample pile, so it was a blind grab and up came:

Vanille Cuir by M. Micaleff

Nice. I love vanilla/leather combos, they always make me think of Habit Rouge and of course Shalimar. The sharp leather in this is actually quite pleasing paired with the sweet vanilla.

I have another meeting today with my ex and the attorney. Wish me luck. I need it.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Yeah, a bit of Bohemian life in yesterday's posts: SaNielsen writes about Jaromir Jagr on another thread, JR posts a picture of Karluv Most (Charles' Stone Bridge) and the whole flood of memories for me. Seriously, please come and visit Zlata Praha, get lost in its old streets, see the famous clock, experience the 13-17th centuries architecture (a day of a train trip to little surrounding towns is the answer!), see the Toy Museum, glassworks, and drink beer! 5 days should do it for most of us -- all under $3,000 for the two of you including the airfare, hotel stays, food and souveniers. Seattle or Miami will cost more! And English is very popular, you will not feel totally abandoned with nobody around to help you.

Anyway. I am in Balmain de Balmain. I even dare say it is replacing the irreplaceable Coriandre in my rotation, after so many years. Heresy, I know.

EDIT: Apparently, I was away too long. They have niche: http://en.ingredients-store.cz/brands/
    Last edited by Twolf; 27th January 2014 at 05:31 PM.

Good afternoon!

Echoing lpp's patchouli aura with Bornéo 1834.

Have a nice day, all of you.
    Good luck, mike!
    Last edited by iodine; 27th January 2014 at 05:50 PM.
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Basenotes Plus

Good morning, everyone! Well our blizzard is finally over, thankfully, but it's still really cold, -43F windchills at the moment. They were saying on the news this morning that it's been the coldest January this century.

Xscent and Extreme K, Puredistance M was a hit with me too. I also liked Antonia when I tried it, now I need to try the rest of their line.

Wearing Nahema this morning, with notes including aldehydes, bergamot, green notes, peach, rose, Bulgarian rose, lilac, hyacinth, lily of the valley, ylang ylang, passion fruit, Peru balsam, sandalwood, vanilla and vetiver.

Have a great day!
    Let us share each precious moment and enjoy the ones we love for each day is a new beginning and a blessing from above.

There are so many beautiful places to see -- and Twolf, you're a wonderful ambassador! Prague was on my travel list already, but it's vaulted way up near the top

tdem, you smell lovely today!

It's bitterly cold again today, so I'm snuggling up -- and I'm house-twinned with IPP -- in Mazzolari Lei.

Serge Lutens Chergui for me...I am understanding all the hype on this one!

Good morning and happy anniversary weekend to mme and mr Quarry!

Neil Morris City Rain today.

Today I am wearing my newest acquisition, Marni. Scary - I can't get enough of it. I got the large bottle so I can spray with abandon!

Odin 04

Chanel Cuir de Russie today! Thanks to Xscent, I am slowly falling in love.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

My Sales Thread - A Collection Purge

Wearing Yves Rocher Rose Absolue

Note-twinned with Mike today: having spent the afternoon in Habit Rouge, I've now graduated to Shalimar extrait. This one doesn't get much of any outing, but by god it's amazing stuff! That smoky creamy citric combo is just intoxicating.

Basenotes Plus

SotE - Creed Original Santal.

Wolfie, fancy a beer and a dance around Wenceslas Square ?.

Hello all,

Blog Entries

Evening all,

ls it Roberto's birthday? lf so, l hope it's fragrant & fabulous!

Xscent; glad you enjoyed those yummy macarons! l tried buffalo meat once, from a farm in the south west of England. The meat was indeed very lean, & delicious, l highly recommend it!

l wore Encens Flamboyant for a long day at work today, now recovering in Stoned.

Edit; l now see l misread tdem's post; oops!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Blog Entries

Mid-terms; daughter has very short days all week.

I'm wearing Gal Trébol and looking forward to Spring.

Blog Entries

image.jpg

I just found these, the scent worn by my mother.

​Arpége!

Xscent, bison is indeed more lean than beef, and while I wouldn't characterize it as "gamey" in the way I would venison or rabbit, it definitely has some basenotes, if you will , that beef lacks. And if you can get bison in a coarse grind, it's fantastic. The meatloaf was served with a rich, demi glace sort of gravy. It was a decadent combination!

Wow, I am having trouble with my work computer and posting on basenotes.

Wore PdE Ambre Russe today.

I'm loving the Mazzolari Lei so much, I just reapplied for SotE

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Sampling Hypnotic Poison tonight
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Hello darlings!

I feel like I haven't checked in in forever. I always used to use my work computer to post here, and now, for whatever reason, I cannot type in the typing fields on that computer. The field where you would type is just all gray and does not function. I can't download another browser on that computer, because it's restricted to corporate administrators. So I have been stuck just posting my SOTD via the Directory and have not been able to talk to y'all as much as usual and have dearly missed posting here.

I have been in a bit of a rut, scent-wise, lately. I guess it probably coincides with a rut in my personal life: Jay and I broke up on New Years Day. I have been a bit of a hermit since, nesting at home with my animals and cooking and reading a lot.

Today's SOTD: Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere. This has gotten lots of wear lately. I am always in the mood for it and it always feels right.

Edit: I just checked out the bug forum and apparently this posting problem is known and happening to others. Hoping it gets fixed soon!
    Last edited by ErinK; 28th January 2014 at 01:18 AM.

Blog Entries

ErinK, what a shame! We miss you around here. I hope that gets resolved at some point. Try to keep your spirits up with Chanel. That's a good idea!

I'm scent sisters with ErinK ... I'm wearing Chanel no5 EDP. I really need to give the Eau Premiere another sniff! Sorry, to hear about your breakup. Don't be TOO much of a hermit, take care ...

hugs to all (and extras for Mike!) ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

queen of the universe

Happy Anniversary, Quarry and Mr Q. Happy Birthday, Roberto. TWolf, I have a friend in Regensburg who wants me to visit; Prague is the nearest big city, and I'm told a must-visit for musicians. ErinK, nest away, be good to you!

Still feeling crummy. At least school is closed tomorrow for sub-zero temps. Weil Noir again. Quite compatible with VapoRub.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Roberto, What a great photo! And happy birthday!

Happy anniversary Quarry and mr Q

Twolf, I have been wanting to visit Prague for so many years, never managed it, and now I ahve moved even further away... Glad you like Balmain de Balmain too. I love it!

Does anybody know where to buy the Balmain de Balmain perfume in the US? I see only the EdT on online stores.

Today I have been trying samples. I have so many samples, mostly from kindly BN members, and I keep them carefully in cute boxes and never use them because I want to cherish them. But that sort of defeats the purpose doesn't it? And today I can't walk. I must have done something bad to my left foot running, I can't remember, but I can't stand on my heel now, so I have been stuck with my leg up.
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

www.aafke-art.com