Code of Conduct
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Recently Discontinued/ Due To Be Discontinued Fragrances......???

Below is the email I received from Lancome.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Dear,

Thank you for contacting Lancôme.

We apologize for any inconvenience regarding the phasing out of our Cuir De Lancôme Fragrance. At this time we are no longer manufacturing this product. However, we invite you to contact our customer service department at the number listed below, and one of our Lancôme Beauty Advisors will be happy to help you find an alternative based on your product needs.

A reply to this message is not necessary. If we can be of any further assistance, or if you have further inquiries or comments, we invite you to contact us online at www.lancome-usa.com or at 1-800-LANCOME (1-800-526-2663), and a Lancôme Customer Representative will be pleased to assist you. Our hours are 8AM to 12 Midnight EST Monday - Friday, and 10AM to 7PM Saturday ? Sunday.

Sincerely,

Brandee

Lancôme
    Customer Care Department

---------------------------------------------------

There you have it. Welcome :-)

Basenotes Member
    200 Roosevelt Place Palisades Park, NJ 07650

I am not sure, it is discontinued by DIOR. There are many online stores where you can find it easily. You can find it online easily.

Some confirmation on Shalimar Parfum Initial: http://monsieurguerlain.tumblr.com/p...nforms-us-that

Guerlain informs us that Shalimar Parfum Initial has been discontinued. The fragrance was taken out of production a while back, and now the last stock has left the factory. Only Shalimar Parfum Initial L’Eau is still to be found on Guerlain’s website, but according to Guerlain it too will disappear.
    Last edited by Ken Cosgrove; 12th December 2014 at 12:49 PM.

Blog Entries

Wink Re: Recently Discontinued/ Due To Be Discontinued Fragrances......???

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    Maybe they could include "soon to be re formulated".
    The day that happens,the sun will fall out of the sky,lol
    John aka Easykiller

I read that ''Knowing'' by Estee Lauder is discontinued, is that true???
    www.aafke-art.com

“Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Guerlain L'Instant Magic has been discontinued. https://twitter.com/Guerlain/status/562654988527480832

Check out the post I just did about a recent article on discontinued perfumes in Fantastic Man magazine

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/398...inued-Perfumes

I have recently heard, (through reviewers on fragrantica) that L de Lolita Lempicka has been discontinued. I cannot confirm this, but I have noticed it reduced in price in the Winter sales here in France.
    Has anyone else heard this ?
    RARE PERFUME DECANTS - FACEBOOK (closed group) - Hundreds of ultra rare extraits available, including Djedi and Nombre Noir.

Blog Entries

Has Tom Ford Neroli Portofino been discontinued? My source is totally unreliable but I would like to know for sure.

Looking on e-Bay today I saw a listing for Neroli Portofino that said "rare, hard to find and discontinued". I know that half the items on e-Bay are rare and discontinued (really???) The discontinued part worries me. Beauty Encounter and Fragrancenet have it listed as out of stock but it was there a few weeks ago. Also Sephora no longer has the 1 oz size available. I find this hard to believe but I have seen other best sellers discontinued. Anybody know if there is any truth to this?
    Betsy

L'Artisan has been quietly discontinuing:

Vanille Absolument
    Coeur de Vetiver Sacré
    Fleur de Liane

Quote Originally Posted by BetsyMeszaros View Post
    Has Tom Ford Neroli Portofino been discontinued? My source is totally unreliable but I would like to know for sure.
    Highly unlikely - people often label niche/exclusive fragrances as 'rare' to bump into a few more search results. The 1oz size was only introduced last year, so perhaps that's a limited edition (?), but as far as I'm aware, Neroli Portofino is one of the most popular Private Blends and easily the one with the most exposure in stores.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EMK View Post
    Highly unlikely - people often label niche/exclusive fragrances as 'rare' to bump into a few more search results. The 1oz size was only introduced last year, so perhaps that's a limited edition (?), but as far as I'm aware, Neroli Portofino is one of the most popular Private Blends and easily the one with the most exposure in stores.
    Those are my feelings exactly. However, I have seen companies discontinue things I thought were very popular. Still trying to get over the discontinuation of Gucci Envy and Jo Malone Vintage Gardenia. Have been putting off buying the Tom Ford but I think I will buy a bottle next weekend just to be sure I get it.

Thanks for telling me about the 1 oz being new or limited edition. I did not know that.
    Betsy

Blog Entries

Much of the problem is the IFRA. When you find something you like, buy it right away as things get re-formulated and discontinued left and right, these days.
    Currently wearing: Chamarré by Mona di Orio

Word in the Dutch Fragrance Community is that Couvent de minimes is being discontinued so everybody bought his last hawl for this gem. Can anyone confirm this is really going to happen? Pretty sad imo Such a great frag. You wouldn't do that to your fans
    Arabian Scent - Arabic perfume oils & attars
    https://www.arabianscent.nl

Completely missed this last year, but apparently the following Tom Fords have been discontinued:

Lavender Palm
    Arabian Wood
    Black Violet
    Ombre de Hyacinth
    Lys Fume
    Jonquille de Nuit

These have all disappeared from Tom Ford's website. There's been rumours of Violet Blonde also being discontinued, but this is unconfirmed and it's still available from Tom Ford's site.

Estée Lauder has quietly discontinued Private Collection Jasmine White Moss, a very nice green "new" chypre. Get it while stocks last.

Arabianscent, Couvent des minimes has many perfumes in his line.
    Eau des Missions, a boozy vanilla that many compare to Spiritueuse Double Vanille, should be discontinued soon or is already (it appears on discount sites at very low prices... for 500 ml...).
    The other Eaux (aimable...) are not.

Edit: nevermind.
    Last edited by 12345678907; 20th May 2015 at 08:19 PM.

Unsure how true, but Jovoy seems to be dissapearing, I went to buy Les faits this morning, to find it discontinued at Bloom. when i asked why, i was supply is now finished, what does that mean?

Edit- jovoy paris seem to have it. so why not UK distributors any more?
    Last edited by Emoe; 26th May 2015 at 07:50 PM.

I bought a bottle of Habit Rouge Sport as it seems to be on its way out.
    Current Top Picks:

Dolce & Gabbana PH (Italy)
    Aoud Legacy
    Virgin Island Water
    Grey Vetiver
    Cedrat Enivrant
    Vetiver Fatal
    YSL L'Homme
    Lacoste Pour Homme

Just tried to bu Guerlain's AA Herba Fresca at Boots the chemist online, only to be advised on the site that it was discontinued. Dunno if they mean in the literal sense, or just by Boots... Ah well; bought it elsewhere.

Sorry if these have already been documented, but I recently discovered that the Narsisco Rodriguez Musc Collection has been discontinued, as well as Estee Lauder Sensuous Noir. I am 100% certain that these have officially been discontinued.
    RARE PERFUME DECANTS - FACEBOOK (closed group) - Hundreds of ultra rare extraits available, including Djedi and Nombre Noir.

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    Sorry if these have already been documented, but I recently discovered that the Narsisco Rodriguez Musc Collection has been discontinued
    Didn't know that this was the case, Glad I have the Narcisco then, Thanks for the update David.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Also discontinued is Guerlain's L'instant Magic.

Quote Originally Posted by granola357 View Post
    Estée Lauder has quietly discontinued Private Collection Jasmine White Moss, a very nice green "new" chypre. Get it while stocks last.
    So sorry to see JWM go. I agree it was all you say.

Also Amber Ylang Ylang of this series is discontinued. Both are gone from the Lauder website.
    ​"It was foolish of her not to have bought a larger bottle." Dorothy Eden, The Time of the Dragon