Code of Conduct
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Recently Discontinued/ Due To Be Discontinued Fragrances......???

Quote Originally Posted by chypre View Post
    Well, Monsieur Guerlain reports that Nahema extrait de parfum will be discontinued in January 2016. This is depressing news indeed, I always thought that Guerlain was the one company that took care of its classics. I guess I was wrong. Something seems so, so wrong with the perfume business when redundant flankers get launched practically every month, yet no one thinks to preserve a beautiful masterpiece. I really wish there was something we could do to stop this insanity.
    LVMH. The bottom line - see the Fendi Saga.
    Currently wearing: Matsuri by Annayaké

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by remik View Post
    It's official... Roja Dove is indeed discontinuing all (ALL!) extraits. I had this confirmed today, and in mad rush I ordered the last bottle of Vetiver Extrait there was at this particular retailer, as a backup to my already open bottle.

The discontinued Extraits include:

Amber
    Bergamot
    Gardenia
    Lilac
    Lily
    Neroli
    Vetiver

R.I.P.

I do see that Neiman Marcus still shows a few of them as available and in stock, so if you were postponing this purchase for a while - this is your last chance to get them while they are still available. Prices on secondary markets will no doubt skyrocket on some of these, very soon. :-(
    Thanks for the warning - just got some.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    Much of the problem is the IFRA. When you find something you like, buy it right away as things get re-formulated and discontinued left and right, these days.
    Yup, the usual superfluous game.

Basenotes Plus

Kafkaesque says the discontinued extraits are being heavily discounted on the Roja Dove site:

http://www.kafkaesqueblog.com/2015/1...oja-dove-sale/
    Currently wearing: Whip by Le Galion

Quote Originally Posted by remik View Post
    Too bad our US retailers are not discounting any of the discontinued extraits... They all seem to be sticking to the full original MSRP. :-/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yeah, FIF didn't discount them either. I'm curious to know why Roja is discontinuing them. IMO, they're the best of his lines, has a wide appeal, and safe to wear. I'm also wondering if they'll ever be brought back, similar to what Creed and Mugler have done with their discontinued/vaulted fragrances.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by CaliDude View Post
    I'm also wondering if they'll ever be brought back, similar to what Creed and Mugler have done with their discontinued/vaulted fragrances.
    I have a little inside info as to the reasons "why" and what's going to happen in the future - at least with some of the more popular extraits. I can't spill the beans in public, but let's just say - if you like Vetiver Extrait - GET IT NOW, because in a few months you won't be able to afford the re-release.

I've said too much already.

As as I type this, I see the RD sale page is now officially dead - the sale is over.
    Currently wearing: Gucci pour Homme by Gucci

Quote Originally Posted by chypre View Post
    Well, Monsieur Guerlain reports that Nahema extrait de parfum will be discontinued in January 2016. This is depressing news indeed, I always thought that Guerlain was the one company that took care of its classics. I guess I was wrong. Something seems so, so wrong with the perfume business when redundant flankers get launched practically every month, yet no one thinks to preserve a beautiful masterpiece. I really wish there was something we could do to stop this insanity.
    So it is still on Guerlain website. Let's see in next January

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Maybe as long as stock lasts. LVMH can discontinue whole lines in one swoop - see Fendi.

Quote Originally Posted by rbaker View Post
    Maybe as long as stock lasts. LVMH can discontinue whole lines in one swoop - see Fendi.
    Yes, the website will show it as long as it is available somewhere, even if it is no longer in production. Shalimar Parfum Initial, for example, is still on the website, even though production for it was ceased last year.

Basenotes Plus

Guerlain Nahema is available in the 1.7oz EdP refill and Pure Parfum is available at fragrancex right now.
    Winter Rotation:
    Clive Christian L
    Montale Incense Oud
    Ava Luxe Cafe Noir
    Bond No 9 New Haarlem
    Roja Dove Enigma Pour Homme Parfum
    Xerjoff Richwood
    Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
    Creed Royal Oud
    Armaf Club de Nuit Intense for women
    Remy Latour Cigar Black Oud
    Amouage Interlude Man

"Waste time wondering which "cologne" pulls better, and your genes will spread only by accident. A perfume should be right for the man, not for the job"
    Luca Turin

Does anyone know if Nahema edt and edp is also going to be discontinued ?
    RARE PERFUME DECANTS - FACEBOOK (closed group) - Hundreds of ultra rare extraits available, including Djedi and Nombre Noir.

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    Does anyone know if Nahema edt and edp is also going to be discontinued ?
    Just the extrait, apparently (for now ...)

Hello people i live in europe in my country TF doesnt offer some fragnances or at least doesnt offer them at 250ml decanters only 50ml
    i recently spoke with tf distributors They told me that Plum japonais is being discountinued or its in phase when it will be asap, they will soon finish all stocks they got can somebody ask in your country and tell me ,opinion from someone in high level department store or something i also sended email to tf no answer yet.