Code of Conduct
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Recently Discontinued/ Due To Be Discontinued Fragrances......???

Quote Originally Posted by chypre View Post
    Well, Monsieur Guerlain reports that Nahema extrait de parfum will be discontinued in January 2016. This is depressing news indeed, I always thought that Guerlain was the one company that took care of its classics. I guess I was wrong. Something seems so, so wrong with the perfume business when redundant flankers get launched practically every month, yet no one thinks to preserve a beautiful masterpiece. I really wish there was something we could do to stop this insanity.
    LVMH. The bottom line - see the Fendi Saga.
    Currently wearing: Gucci Première by Gucci

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by remik View Post
    It's official... Roja Dove is indeed discontinuing all (ALL!) extraits. I had this confirmed today, and in mad rush I ordered the last bottle of Vetiver Extrait there was at this particular retailer, as a backup to my already open bottle.

The discontinued Extraits include:

Amber
    Bergamot
    Gardenia
    Lilac
    Lily
    Neroli
    Vetiver

R.I.P.

I do see that Neiman Marcus still shows a few of them as available and in stock, so if you were postponing this purchase for a while - this is your last chance to get them while they are still available. Prices on secondary markets will no doubt skyrocket on some of these, very soon. :-(
    Thanks for the warning - just got some.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    Much of the problem is the IFRA. When you find something you like, buy it right away as things get re-formulated and discontinued left and right, these days.
    Yup, the usual superfluous game.

Basenotes Plus

Kafkaesque says the discontinued extraits are being heavily discounted on the Roja Dove site:

http://www.kafkaesqueblog.com/2015/1...oja-dove-sale/
    Currently wearing: Métal by Paco Rabanne

Quote Originally Posted by remik View Post
    Too bad our US retailers are not discounting any of the discontinued extraits... They all seem to be sticking to the full original MSRP. :-/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yeah, FIF didn't discount them either. I'm curious to know why Roja is discontinuing them. IMO, they're the best of his lines, has a wide appeal, and safe to wear. I'm also wondering if they'll ever be brought back, similar to what Creed and Mugler have done with their discontinued/vaulted fragrances.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by CaliDude View Post
    I'm also wondering if they'll ever be brought back, similar to what Creed and Mugler have done with their discontinued/vaulted fragrances.
    I have a little inside info as to the reasons "why" and what's going to happen in the future - at least with some of the more popular extraits. I can't spill the beans in public, but let's just say - if you like Vetiver Extrait - GET IT NOW, because in a few months you won't be able to afford the re-release.

I've said too much already.

As as I type this, I see the RD sale page is now officially dead - the sale is over.

Quote Originally Posted by chypre View Post
    Well, Monsieur Guerlain reports that Nahema extrait de parfum will be discontinued in January 2016. This is depressing news indeed, I always thought that Guerlain was the one company that took care of its classics. I guess I was wrong. Something seems so, so wrong with the perfume business when redundant flankers get launched practically every month, yet no one thinks to preserve a beautiful masterpiece. I really wish there was something we could do to stop this insanity.
    So it is still on Guerlain website. Let's see in next January

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Maybe as long as stock lasts. LVMH can discontinue whole lines in one swoop - see Fendi.

Quote Originally Posted by rbaker View Post
    Maybe as long as stock lasts. LVMH can discontinue whole lines in one swoop - see Fendi.
    Yes, the website will show it as long as it is available somewhere, even if it is no longer in production. Shalimar Parfum Initial, for example, is still on the website, even though production for it was ceased last year.
    Currently wearing: Musc Eternel by Mizensir

Basenotes Plus

Guerlain Nahema is available in the 1.7oz EdP refill and Pure Parfum is available at fragrancex right now.
    Current Rotation:
    Aqua di Gio Profumo
    D&G The One EdP
    JPG Le Male
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Chanel Allure Homme Eau Extreme
    Chanel Allure Homme Sport
    Creed Silver Mountain Water
    Creed Aventus
    Creed Virgin Island Water
    MFK Aqua Universalis Forte
    Clive Christian No 1
    Clive Christian 1872
    Dior Sauvage
    Paco Rabanne Invictus

"Waste time wondering which "cologne" pulls better, and your genes will spread only by accident. A perfume should be right for the man, not for the job"
    Luca Turin
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Does anyone know if Nahema edt and edp is also going to be discontinued ?
    RARE PERFUME DECANTS - FACEBOOK (closed group) - Hundreds of ultra rare extraits available, including Djedi and Nombre Noir.

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    Does anyone know if Nahema edt and edp is also going to be discontinued ?
    Just the extrait, apparently (for now ...)

Hello people i live in europe in my country TF doesnt offer some fragnances or at least doesnt offer them at 250ml decanters only 50ml
    i recently spoke with tf distributors They told me that Plum japonais is being discountinued or its in phase when it will be asap, they will soon finish all stocks they got can somebody ask in your country and tell me ,opinion from someone in high level department store or something i also sended email to tf no answer yet.

Always be smelling

Is bulgari black finally discountinued? Read that in boisdejasmine today

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by epapsiou View Post
    Is bulgari black finally discountinued? Read that in boisdejasmine today
    Seriously?! I just sold some. If I'd have known that I'd maybe have kept it.. I wasn't really a huge fan of it anyways..

Just when I'm here, whats the story with the A*Men Pure line? Are they all gonna be kept on as permanent fixtures?

I never really had much interest in them until I tried Pure Malt and thought it was amazing..

Bois de Jasmin claimed that Bvlgari Black had finally met its end about a month ago, but there's been rumours about its demise for at least 6 years now, so it's really impossible to tell. I will say that I've been seeing it less frequently on discounter sites, and with the relaunch of Bvlgari's Eau Parfumée au Thé line, I think this may very well be the end of Bvlgari Black. (For now.)
    Currently wearing: No. 5 L'Eau by Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by EMK View Post
    there's been rumours about its demise for at least 6 years now.
    This! I'm starting to think it's part of their marketing I've heard this rumour so often. There must be sales spikes every time the discontinuation gets mentioned.

As the single most reviewed fragrance on Basenotes and certainly the most revered of the Bulgari line, I can't see it going anywhere. I hope not anyway.

Basenotes Plus

Estee Lauder Azuree seems to be on the way out. A very knowledgable SA in House of Fraser reckoned so - they haven't been able to get stock for a while and it's now gone from their online store. She said they seem to be moving in a Modern Muse and flankers direction. And other stockists are sold out or nearly so.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDalloway View Post
    Estee Lauder Azuree seems to be on the way out. A very knowledgable SA in House of Fraser reckoned so - they haven't been able to get stock for a while and it's now gone from their online store. She said they seem to be moving in a Modern Muse and flankers direction. And other stockists are sold out or nearly so.
    That would be a real shame. But hasn't it just been repackaged?

Basenotes Plus

It has, so it does seem a bit odd. The SA said it doesn't sell though.

Houbigant Fougere Royale (reformulation). The way it's being discounted so widely on the internet, I suspect it may be discontinued. It's a nice modern fougere, but had nothing to do with classic fougere. And it could have, since Trumpers and Penhaligons are still producing (albeit reformulated) an identifiably classic fougere.
    Last edited by sniffman; 15th August 2016 at 02:36 PM.
    thread reviver

Basenotes Plus

I see I was saying upthread that Azurée might be on its way out - seems to be universally back in stock now...

This is just a query, perhaps a "beware" notice, because I cannot confirm...

I have noticed on recent travels across Europe that Eden from Cacharel is heavily discounted everywhere and in many cases it's the smalller sizes, 30ml/ 50ml etc.Could this be the gradual clearing of all stocks ?
    Perhaps members could ask at their local Cacharel counters and report back with any news. Thanks.
    RARE PERFUME DECANTS - FACEBOOK (closed group) - Hundreds of ultra rare extraits available, including Djedi and Nombre Noir.

I got a tip from SA in Guerlain store that the white Arsène Lupin, Les Parisiens, The Exclusive Collections is going scraps.

People of Zee Wurl, Relax

I've heard rumblings about Amouage discontinuing Ciel Man (and presumably, Ciel Woman) and it seems to be often discounted or less available in online shops. With all the new releases, it wouldn't surprise me.

Anyone hear anything concrete from SA's or otherwise?
    Currently wearing: Cologne du 68 by Guerlain

I see less and less from Salvador Dali Pour Homme in online shops (save for a few). I wanted to buy it, but it seems I can only find it on eBay.

I have the vintage version if you are interested, in NIB condition. They are pre barcode, late 80s or early 90s.
    14468174_10153746388166400_5140798884177592942_o.jpg
    14500482_10153746388286400_8432113384968974634_o.jpg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by saminlondon View Post
    Just the extrait, apparently (for now ...)
    I heard the whole Nahema line was discontinued but I hope that you are right and my information is wrong. It is getting very hard to find and Neiman Marcus/Bergdorf's can no longer order it. If I really like Nahema I would stock up.

Betsy
    Last edited by BetsyMeszaros; 17th November 2016 at 10:13 PM.
    Betsy

I've just noticed on the fragrantica perfumes directory reviews of L de Lolita Lempicka, that this fragrance has been discontinued...