Code of Conduct
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Default Re: Recently Discontinued/ Due To Be Discontinued Fragrances......???

On a recent thread it appears as if Fahrenheit 32 has been discontinued. At least 2 members from different countries confirmed this. I read that it had been discontinued in a facebook perfume group.
    RARE PERFUME DECANTS - FACEBOOK (closed group) - Hundreds of ultra rare decants and 1 ml samples available, including Djedi/Nombre Noir/Original Patou Pour Homme/Basala etc...

I should add PG's Cuir d'Iris to the list.

I have recently heard from a friend in germany that Jean Patou, Joy and "1000" have been discontinued. Supposedly due to raw material costs and falling sales.
    I canot confirm this, but perhaps members can research this claim and report back. Thanks.
    RARE PERFUME DECANTS - FACEBOOK (closed group) - Hundreds of ultra rare decants and 1 ml samples available, including Djedi/Nombre Noir/Original Patou Pour Homme/Basala etc...

I wonder if Ultra Zest is next for the A Men.

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    I have recently heard from a friend in germany that Jean Patou, Joy and "1000" have been discontinued. Supposedly due to raw material costs and falling sales.
    I canot confirm this, but perhaps members can research this claim and report back. Thanks.
    Very sad if true. It's ironic and depressing that the much-maligned P&G was a far better guardian of the brand than the current owners.

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    I haven't heard anything here in France, David. But the recent versions are (I'm guessing) so far from the originals that most people will have waved them off some time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by saminlondon View Post
    I haven't heard anything here in France, David. But the recent versions are (I'm guessing) so far from the originals that most people will have waved them off some time ago.
    I like the most recent version of Joy (more indoles), but yeah, 1000 and Sublime are unrecognisable.
    Last edited by chypre; 20th April 2017 at 06:23 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Is Annick Goutal Grand Amour discontinued? Only the discounters seem to have it here - the department stores have a page but no stock. I think I read they were shaking up the line?

Somebody has posted in Men's fragrance that they've been told by an SA that Acqua di Parma are to discontinue Assoluta following the release of Pura.

Blog Entries

Creed Royal Oud discontinued ? it's better ,it's fake oud.
    che1928

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

I've noticed that everything in the Aramis Gentleman's Collection sells for a good price -except- JHL
    It's also the only one that all mainstream retailers are out of or on backorder for (possibly in vain).
    It shows "In Production" on the basenotes entry, but I've watched it go from $30 to $60 to $99 and now to $130
    So anyone wanting JHL should get it now before it goes into the hundreds and becomes bait for decanter resellers.

It's weird because 900, Devin, Tuscany, New West, Havana, they're all still reasonable. It's just JHL out of the series that is turning into a Maltese Falcon.
    oh look, I have a signature

splash or spray me

So,

I just some info that says CHANEL Allure Homme Edition Blanche has been dropped.

My whole tale in the Chanuary parent thread; hotlink - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/447...=1#post4271686

BTW, today the Bloomingdale's website showed no (zero, nada, bupkus) AHEB EdP within 25 miles (im in West LA) and their database is usually close if not right on, so I consider that an empirical correlation of value.

/Acey

&

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    [wrt] JHL
    It's also the only one that all mainstream retailers are out of or on backorder for (possibly in vain).
    It shows "In Production" on the basenotes entry, but I've watched it go from $30 to $60 to $99 and now to $130
    So anyone wanting JHL should get it now before it goes into the hundreds and becomes bait for decanter resellers.
    It's weird because 900, Devin, Tuscany, New West, Havana, they're all still reasonable. It's just JHL out of the series that is turning into a Maltese Falcon.
    Yeah, I am watching a recent Gentleman's Collection NIB bottle and it just went from $96USD to $139 on the relist since I looked at it last. I'm happy with my stash but Mssr Crusader is speaking verily unto us, that's for sure.
    Last edited by AceyMan; 29th December 2017 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDalloway View Post
    Is Annick Goutal Grand Amour discontinued? Only the discounters seem to have it here - the department stores have a page but no stock. I think I read they were shaking up the line?
    I'm sure I've seen that AG are changing the packaging of their scents somewhere, maybe on this forum, in which case they may be running down old stock.

I did not want to open a new thread so I am asking here: it is normal for the sealed bottles of Gucci Rush to be a little empty? The ones I have seen are not full, none of them. A 100 mls bottle looks like it has 80 mls inside, even if it is sealed. I do not think they evaporated, but rather Gucci chose not to fill the bottles up to the top. What is your opinion on this?

Thanks!

Dependent

Good question, PabelL. I haven't really thought about it much, but this appears to be the case with other Gucci bottles as well - for example, I recently got the new Gucci Guilty Absolute, and the fill level definitely does not come up to the neck of the bottle. Every single picture online I've seen looks like this, so this is how Gucci fills these bottles and how they are sold. I'm pretty sure they are not cheating us out of a few ml - they are too smart to risk major international class action lawsuits if someone decanted a new 100ml bottle to verify the volume and it turned out to be 90ml. I guess it's just the way they fill at least some of the bottles - for reasons I don't know, just that they do not appear to be malicious.
    Currently wearing: Amber Absolute by Tom Ford

Yes, that is what I was thinking as well. The bottles are larger than 100 mls, but inside should be 100 mls even if it does not look like that. Anyway, it is an enigma why they choose to market some of the fragrances in that way.

Does anyone have a definitive answer on Zino?

I heard people saying they had confirmation it was discontinued maybe 4-5 years ago. But it's still readily available pretty much everywhere and I've a bottle which the batch code is reading June 2017.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AceyMan View Post
    So,

I just some info that says CHANEL Allure Homme Edition Blanche has been dropped.

My whole tale in the Chanuary parent thread; hotlink - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/447...=1#post4271686

BTW, today the Bloomingdale's website showed no (zero, nada, bupkus) AHEB EdP within 25 miles (im in West LA) and their database is usually close if not right on, so I consider that an empirical correlation of value.

/Acey

&

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I am watching a recent Gentleman's Collection NIB bottle and it just went from $96USD to $139 on the relist since I looked at it last. I'm happy with my stash but Mssr Crusader is speaking verily unto us, that's for sure.
    It'll be Unicorn status soon and then only the richies among us will be able to restock. $120-$130 seems to be holding steady for now

Because Dior has decided to release 8 new fragrances into its exclusive line, it has scrapped the following:

Eau Noire
    Granville
    Milly-la-Foret
    Mitzah
    Vetiver

IN addition, Gris Montaigne is renamed Gris Dior.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

It's funny how this thread died because everyone's afraid of scalpers now, so nobody mentions what's being or has been axed to keep availability and price reasonable for as long as possible.

ZC, I did not know that.
    “You are the bait. The bait is you.” ~Trick or Treat (1986)
    “Have a good time, all the time. That is my philosophy.” ~This Is Spinal Tap (1984)
    “Thrrrow yourselves into the river, dahlings!” ~Withnail and I (1987)

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shemelimelle View Post
    ZC, I did not know that.
    It's better to let people find out on their own, because sticking a neon sign on something being pulled from production invites the hoarders and flippers to monopolize a scent and take it out of reach faster than it would naturally due to dwindling supply.

Some of the folks on this very forum subsidize their niche perfume purchases by buying DC'd designers low and selling high. I'm not gonna tell somebody what is right or wrong for them personally, but neither am I gonna help them make the hobby harder to enjoy for me either lol.

Thank you, ZC. That was very helpful of you.
    “You are the bait. The bait is you.” ~Trick or Treat (1986)
    “Have a good time, all the time. That is my philosophy.” ~This Is Spinal Tap (1984)
    “Thrrrow yourselves into the river, dahlings!” ~Withnail and I (1987)

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Hear hear!