Code of Conduct

Default S.O.T.D. - Tuesday, 28 January, 2014.

Hi everyone - have a great day!

Thirty Three by Ex Idolo.

R.I.P.

Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Tuesday, 28 January, 2014.

Ipp that clip was lovely, thank you.

((ErinK)) nesting, cooking and reading are all good and Chanel ruts are not a bad place to be either.

((Mike)) hope it all went well yesterday or was brief at least.

Danieq you smelled wonderful! Cuir de Russie was love at first sniff for me and I haven’t gone a week without wearing it. I adore the vintage parfum it is one of my treasures, holy grail stuff.

Kiliwia YAY another M fan! I also loved Antonia, I would recommend sampling Opardu if you get a chance, I’m still yet to try Black.

teardrop and ExtremeK placed an order with my butcher, fingers crossed I’ll be making bison wellingtons next weekend.

Finally home once again with barely enough time to unpack, do laundry and repack, starting to notice a pattern here. Off to Singapore tomorrow to see in the Chinese New Year and attend a wedding. After this trip I’m staying put until April …maybe. Carnal Flower today and very generous swipes of Cuir de Russie vintage extrait this evening.

We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Hello all,

Blog Entries

Morning all!

(((((Erin))))); l am so very sorry to hear about your breakup. Nest as long as you need to, & emerge stronger & wiser when you're ready.

Xscent; bison wellington sounds wonderful! Be safe & well on your travels. You certainly smell fab.

Wearing Eau de Shalimar for work today.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus

Good morning all. (((Erin))) you have been conspicuous by your absence - welcome back . Really sorry to hear you have been going through a rough patch. I think you are taking the right approach just chilling and taking some time out (his loss, btw).
    I hope the posting issues get sorted (I think Foustie has been having similar problems).

Hope everything went well, Mike

Ulrich Lang Nightscape.

Morning Everyone,

Fumerie Turque for me today.

Best to all.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Jubilation XXV

Hello all. Miller Harris Fleur Oriental.
    DONNA

queen of the universe

Weil Noir again. I am zipping through this half ounce or so rarity; I find there's something to be said for wearing a scent three days in row (minimum), may do more of that this year. Noir's cool menthol and animal warmth are just what I need on this below zero day.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Vintage Hermes, Bel Ami

Attachment 25094

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Hugs for ((ErinK))-- his loss, honey!

More hugs for ((FrouFrou)) and your sore heel. I've been taping my foot every day because of plantar fascitiis that just won't quit, so I sympathize with you. For this acute injury, remember RICE-- Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation!

Fleur de Thé Rose Bulgare today.

Hello folks

Crikey, Xscent, you get around! (in the nicest possible way ) Have fun in Singapore.

I'm in vintage L'Heure Bleue extrait today.

Oh, and for salutary purposes I'd like to put out the following warning: vintage Arpege extrait and parquet floors do not mix

Good morning to the new world.

Keiko Meicheri Datura Blanche over the body shop moringa body butter, mmm.

Hugs for ErinK, I hope you are feeling OK, and Mike too. Is hard to unwind relationships but sometimes is for the best.

Basenotes Plus

Good morning!

Major hugs to ErinK, Mike, FrouFrou, 30Roses and anyone else who could use one.

Not feeling the best today, so just a spritz of Apres l'Ondee this morning.

Have a great day! xoxo
    Last edited by Kiliwia; 28th January 2014 at 01:29 PM.

Thumbs up Re: S.O.T.D. - Tuesday, 28 January, 2014.

from samples
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Quote Originally Posted by jujy54 View Post
    I find there's something to be said for wearing a scent three days in row (minimum), may do more of that this year.
    I agree. I just wore Marni for several days and I think repeat wearings help one become more intimate with the fragrance and understand it better. I am switching it up to Angel today.

Chamade Homme by Guerlain

(3522)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Aramis Tuscany Per Uomo.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Sampling I Am King this morning
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

(((ErinK))) -- definitely his loss. We have certainly missed you. I hope you can embrace the cocooning. Getting right with yourself after relationship trauma is necessary. And it takes however long it takes. Don't let anyone force a timetable on you. I'm sure Rocky is a comfort. They know when we're hurting.

((Mike)), I hope your meeting was quick and that whatever boxes are left to check in your process are nicked off quickly.

Safe travels, Xscent! Do let us know how the Wellingtons turn out? I'm betting that staying close to home for a bit is starting to sound pretty good

I'm changing things up today -- Diptyque L'Ombre Dans L'Eau. I love the opening of the this one, but it just gets too watery on me after a while. Meh. Luckily, I brought with me to work a sample of Uncle Serge's Sa Majeste La Rose for this very reason. I'll give the Diptyque another hour or so.

Meharees by L' Erbolario

Hello all!

SotD is Myrrhiad, to stay warm and cozy waiting for the snow....

Hugs to everyone who needs them
    Last edited by iodine; 28th January 2014 at 05:12 PM.
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

I can't seem to stop wearing L'heure Bleue, Extrait today.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

My Sales Thread - A Collection Purge

(((Erink)))) and for all the others going through tough times.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

My Sales Thread - A Collection Purge

Basenotes Institution

Agua Lavanda + Caron Pour un Homme

A very nice layering combo

Thanks all of you guys/gals above:Yesterday was not too bad. Was stressful but I quickly got calm & centered. Not finished yet - but on our way.

Today, the weather is GORGEOUS. Sunny, windy, not a cloud in the blue sky. I am going to work out for lunch, to break up my day nicely. Having a coffee at my office desk now. Everything, right now, is just fine.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Many hugs and comforting thoughts to Erin. You will have your day, soon, I guarantee. Roller coasters are frightful, I know.

Frou, hope your foot feels better today. Comfortable shoes with inserts is my answer.

Etro Dianthus, a subtle sweet william scent with spicy orangey undertones.
    Last edited by Twolf; 28th January 2014 at 03:44 PM.

Yves Rocher Mango-Passionfruit smoothie, felt like something fruity.

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone. I had a major craving for Shalimar, so Shalimar it is today, vintage parfum.

Big hugs to all who could use them and best to all.

"I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Basenotes Plus

All the current enthusiasm for Puredistance M here is sparking my curiosity. My only experience was a brief sniff with Mimi in Harrods last year and I'm wondering if it may be time I revisited for a proper sampling. On the radar !.

SotE - Yohji Homme.

Last edited by JON RODGERS; 28th January 2014 at 05:22 PM.

Cold here in Dallas again. I am wearing Tabu for warmth!

My foot is finally a lot better, for two days nothing changed, but now it's improved a lot, thank for the concern 30 roses and Kiliawa.

Erin, things will get better and even better than before!

30roses, I found out when reading the reviews of ''fitflops'' that everybody with plantar fascitis raves about them, I have them because they are pretty and super comfy, you can easily walk a whole day on them without your feet getting tired. But apparently the bio-engineered foot bed is heaven for anybody with plantar fascitiis. I had a friend with pf, she tried my fitflops, was amazed, brought some and is still grateful to me for suggesting it. So there you are, go and try them out.
    ''Do unto others 20% better than you'd expect them to do unto you to correct for subjective error.''
    (Linus Pauling)

www.aafke-art.com

Basenotes Institution

Oh I had plantar fascis myself, years ago - I figured out what was causing it for me: I was jumping up and down too much in my kick-boxing class. I'm a big guy and jumping rope is less 'hard' on thin guys & gals but for stocky guys like me I have to be very careful. I stopped the jumping movements and I also did something new, I stopped walking around my home barefoot, I started wearing slippers. After a month or so, it went away - thank God. The pain is so sharp.

After the lunch time gym workout, I am back in the office in the sexy/comforting:

Vanille 44 by Le Labo

Gosh I forgot how fantastic this smells!
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Hello all. Piguet Visa for me this evening.

Hello everyone,

I am wearing

Umé - Keiko Mecheri

Blog Entries

l have a pair of fitflops, although l don't have foot problems, but l agree they are superbly comfortable & worth every penny! Much better than completely flat footwear.

Twinned with tdem this evening in Shalimar, vintage PDT.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Blog Entries

Maître Parfumeur et Gantier-
    Iris Bleu Gris
    Last edited by kumquat; 28th January 2014 at 10:49 PM.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the recommendation, FrouFrou and Teardrop! I hadn't heard of FitFlops before. I need to try them on, though, as I've always had a hard time finding shoes that are comfortable. I've just been online and see a store that carries them within a half hour driving distance, so I'll check those out ASAP. Certainly the $134 Aetrex shoes that my podiatrist fitted me with have done nothing.

I found a vintage 4 oz. bottle of Norell, one of the early ones just like the photo in the directory-- I gather that's the original formulation. It seems like a powerhouse. Not sure I can wear this but I'll give it a chance.

I'm wearing vintage Shalimar parfum.

Good evening, everyone,

Huge big thank yous to all of you for the sweet hugs and well wishes. The outpouring of love today has been soooo touching and I thank all of you for thinking of me. It has lifted my spirits to read your posts today. I have missed all of you and for darn good reason. You guys are some of the warmest, most caring people I can imagine, and here's some hugs right back at (((all of you))).

The Bois des Iles is still lingering tonight. It reminds me of a lovely day I spent in Kentucky with Jay in November. We walked around the historic cemetery, the capitol building, and around downtown Frankfort, stopping to take pictures and enjoying the sunshine and falling leaves. I was wearing Bois des Iles that day. Maybe this scent will always take me back to that day, and that would be just fine with me.

summer means fireflys

I'm in good company with curly and tdem ... I'm also wearing Shalimar vintage parfum. It's a beauty.

Erin, your post reminds me of a favorite Dr Seuss quote: "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." I hope you always feel warm and lovely thoughts whenever you smell precious scents, even if the memories are a little painful or bittersweet right now ...

hugs to all ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

ErinK and shades are making me all teary-eyed again. Darn you two!

Jon, I hope you can enjoy M, too, but it's got a dirty, raunchy musk lurking under that leather, and if I'm remembering correctly, I think you've said some of the animalics can be difficult for you? I'll cross my fingers that's not the case; it's just so terrific! (The reason I'm ok with the musk in M is because it's a dirty musk, rather than a clean one. Those clean musks kill me!)

queen of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Chamade Homme by Guerlain

(3522)
    Wonderful bottle. I have vintage Chamade EdC, a "biting floral", quite sharp, then dry, finally creamy. Intoxicating stuff.

SOTN is still Weil Noir, which I re-applied as I watched a movie from my absolute favorite era in film, the early 70s, Get Carter, with Michael Caine playing an anti-hero in the filmic era of anti-heros.. Noir was the perfect accompaniment, along with a murcott tangerine and some dark chocloate.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Testing Vanille Cannelle by Comptoir Sud Pacifique, not my thing. Too cookie like.. really like a Snickerdoodle got rubbed into my wrist. I like cookies, I just don't wanna smell like one.
    Last edited by kalli; 29th January 2014 at 05:09 AM.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Never heard of FitFlops, off to check the Internet. Another one with off again, on again plantar faciitis, barefoot walker, and a stocky stepper

Serge Lutens Vetiver Orientale.

EDIT: Oh no, them FitFLops are not for me. They do not come in EE (extra wide) and look errrrrmm.... like something I will not fit into. Sorry.
    Last edited by Twolf; 29th January 2014 at 02:22 PM.