Code of Conduct

Default New from Guerlain: Aqua Allegoria Limon Verde

From Perfume Shrine:
    "Limon Verde is inspired by the refreshing note prominent in the national "drink" of Brazil, the Caipirinha, which routinely includes lime alongside sugar cane liquor and sugar. House perfumer Thierry Wasser married this Caipirinha accord with lime to a tropical green accord, fig and tonka bean for some tenacity in the new Guerlain eau de toilette."

Top: Lime
    Middle: Green notes, Tropical fruit, Fig, Sugar cane
    Base: Tonka bean

It sounds like they did a unisex scent for the AA-line this year. I like the inspiration of the Caipirinha, just hope the lime and green accord keep it crisp and not too sugary. Looking forward to trying it!
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity.
    There is no cure for curiosity."
    - Dorothy Parker

Default Re: New from Guerlain: Aqua Allegoria Limon Verde

Sounds like a good one for the summer. Thanks for the info.

This one sounds very nice. Definitely worth checking out.

(3549)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

This does sound really nice, but I have been disappointed so many times. I loved and bought the grapefruit one years ago but the subsequent releases just didn't do it for me, and some (that cherry blossom thing) were just vile. I'll give it a try when there are testers in stores as I'd love a good lemon but I'm not paying for samples anymore.

I think this'll be nice.
    Unless the fig is too figgy.

for swap/sale:

Have any of you smelt Cachaca? We have a few bottles in the house (my wife is Brasilian), and every time I open a bottle it nearly takes my head off. It's evil stuff, aguardiente indeed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got to try this today and have to say I think its the best Aqua Allegoria to come out in awhile.

Opens up with a really zesty lime accord, I initially thought it was lemon but realized the difference a few minutes in and later checked the notes to make sure it was actually lime and not lemon. There's a lot aromatic green notes in this and it smells fantastic being paired with the lime which stays juicy and fresh. There's fruits that come in which I believed were kiwi and mango or grapefruit since no specific fruits are actually listed and the sugar cane note does make this smell like a tropical drink in the hot summer heat. It never becomes too sweet or too fruity, it smells natural, simple, linear, but it really does smell like a tropical drink in the high summer heat. Really nice and at times it smelt like lime juice squeezed on grass with a nice airy breeze coming through.

I love the natural rendition of this and it just smells plain good. I really think Wasser did a fantastic job with making this smell like a fresh tropical drink without overdoing it, nothing to sweet, sugary or fruity, everything is balanced very well. I personally think it's quite unique compared to other summer based scents that've come out lately and even others in the AA line.

I didn't get any figs but then again I haven't worn or tested this enough to really search for it.

Basenotes Plus

Well…I adore my AA Mandarine Basilic, so this is definitely something I will try. It could go either way depending upon the fig note.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Thanks for your review, canuck21! I love limes and lime scents, so now I'm even more excited to try this. Sounds like it'll be perfect for the summer heat.

Thanks for sharing the news. Liking almost everything from the Aqua Allegoria line already and am almost certain that this fragrance might suit my tastes.

I dont know why but i feel like they discontinued Guerlain Homme L'eau and rebottled it as this. I have that feeling. hmm.
    seeking mitsouko 50ml's cap....desperately!!