Code of Conduct

Thread: Scent your IT

Default Scent your IT

Interesting article about scented technology: http://qz.com/169938/soon-your-text-...ll-like-curry/

Default Re: Scent your IT

LOL, I thought this was going to be a thread where we decided what perfumes our IT departments would have to wear.

This is dangerous ground, indeed... if one of my nearby co-workers' iphones began emitting buttered popcorn smell, an ugly scene would ensue.

Given the long-running failure of this sort of technology to take hold, I have some hopes that this won't come to pass soon.

According to wikipedia, "The use of scents in conjunction with film dates back to 1906, before the introduction of sound."

In 1986, Leather Goddesses of Phobos, a computer-based text adventure game came with scratch-and-sniff cards. Do not ask me how I know this.

This part puzzled me: "Scentee’s “big bang in yakiniku [grilled meat]” is pitched at students with no money, and dieters." Why would I want to be tormented by the smell of grilled meat if I couldn't afford to eat for any reason?

I'm spraying myself with Eau de Luddite for this one. Interesting, though, thanks for posting it!
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

Interesting.

That is weirdly interesting.

(3550)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.