Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Zino Davidoff

  1. #1
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    187

    Default Zino Davidoff

    Hey All,

    I blind bought Zino - excellent fragrance so far, very much enjoying it. I have a question though. My bottle is the block font, not the cursive. The box clearly says Coty, etc. etc.

    But the bottom of my bottle says Lancaster. Not a sticker, but printed on the bottle... Can anyone confirm their bottle is similar? Is this just a holdover from the earlier days? I also have a script bottle of Cool Water by Lancaster. Not sure how the block letter bottles compare..

    Thanks for your input!

  2. #2
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & B˙zios
    Posts
    77,306

    Default Re: Zino Davidoff

    Just checked my bottle. 4.2 oz. It's the cursive script and on the bottle bottom it says Distributor Lancaster. Made in France. Don't have the box. Believe I got this when it first came out.

    (3551)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

  3. #3
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    187

    Default Re: Zino Davidoff

    Hmm. The mystery deepens!

    Anyone else? Do your "block font" bottles say Lancaster on the bottom?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Zino Davidoff

    It's always possible you might have some of the first formulation, but I'd guess you have the second (or later). The way I was able to tell is that when I took the caps off I smelled sandalwood in one but not the other.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Zino Davidoff

    I just ran upstairs and checked mine. I have both Cursive and Block font bottles. I notice a minor difference in the scent of the two but a difference none the less. I don't know if there is a newer Block font distributor bottle but both my vintage and newer bottle are distributed by Lancaster.

  6. #6
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    187

    Default Re: Zino Davidoff

    Thanks all. Strange then - I was under the impression that at least with Cool Water, the Lancaster version was the one to go for.

    Love the scent, it's almost a proto gourmand IMO.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Zino Davidoff

    Quote Originally Posted by rybot View Post
    Thanks all. Strange then - I was under the impression that at least with Cool Water, the Lancaster version was the one to go for.

    Love the scent, it's almost a proto gourmand IMO.
    What is strange? My opinion is that if you go for Coty CW, you're getting something that should really have a different name, perhaps Cool Man Today or something equally as ridiculous (to match the generic quality of the scent). With Zino, it seems that if you don't get the original you lose the sandalwool note, but perhaps you don't want it, and so you can then go for the new version.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Zino Davidoff

    Don't know if this is good or bad but my bottle has

    DAVIDOFF / EAU DE TOILETTE block
    Zino script
    Lancaster on the bottom of the bottle
    Lancaster on the box
    Beauty is in the nose of the beholder.

  9. #9
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    187

    Default Re: Zino Davidoff

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    What is strange? My opinion is that if you go for Coty CW, you're getting something that should really have a different name, perhaps Cool Man Today or something equally as ridiculous (to match the generic quality of the scent). With Zino, it seems that if you don't get the original you lose the sandalwool note, but perhaps you don't want it, and so you can then go for the new version.
    Strange as in the Lancaster name is on a supposably inferior product.

    Next, that is very strange about your box and bottle. Must be a transition bottle. So, I'm guessing that all block font bottles say Lancaster, and not Coty.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Zino Davidoff

    Quote Originally Posted by rybot View Post
    Strange as in the Lancaster name is on a supposably inferior product.

    Next, that is very strange about your box and bottle. Must be a transition bottle. So, I'm guessing that all block font bottles say Lancaster, and not Coty.
    I'm not sure I understand, so let's back up a bit here. From what I understand, there are no Coty Zino bottles - that only applies to CW. The way it seems one can tell about Zino is by looking at the front of the bottle or the box. I suggest you use the search feature to look up old threads because this subject has already been covered, and in great detail, though of course these are just our impressions.

  11. #11
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    187

    Default Re: Zino Davidoff

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    I'm not sure I understand, so let's back up a bit here. From what I understand, there are no Coty Zino bottles - that only applies to CW. The way it seems one can tell about Zino is by looking at the front of the bottle or the box. I suggest you use the search feature to look up old threads because this subject has already been covered, and in great detail, though of course these are just our impressions.
    Cheers, mate.

Similar Threads

  1. Davidoff Zino/Zino Davidoff discontinued.
    By ILikePeeps in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 2nd January 2014, 06:15 AM
  2. Zino by Davidoff
    By SpicyPepper in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 16th December 2012, 02:20 PM
  3. Zino Davidoff
    By sniff in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 27th March 2011, 08:33 PM
  4. Burberry Brit vs. Zino Davidoff by Davidoff?
    By ibarney5 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 2nd February 2011, 02:17 PM
  5. zino davidoff...to buy or not to buy
    By jdnba in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 16th September 2007, 06:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •