Code of Conduct

Default Pick me something random to wear

This feature does not seem to be working properly. It picked a random fragrance for me on Sunday, but the last five times it has chosen Gucci Rush...!

Thanks for your attention.

Default Re: Pick me something random to wear

It used to do that to me until the suggestion was 'worn' - is this still the case please, foxbins?

Edit - it just chose Mare & is still suggesting it although I just posted it as SOTD.

I wondered that as well so I "wore" it yesterday, and like you found, it seems to be stuck on the one fragrance suggested.

Hmm, thanks for confirming, foxbins - I'll try mine again tomorrow & see what happens.

Edit - posted a 'real' non-generated SOTD earlier, which appears to have cleared the earlier suggestion as it's now suggesting 'Coze'.
    Last edited by lpp; 29th January 2014 at 09:51 PM.

Today, it's stuck on Imperial Opoponax for now, before & after entering a different one.

It's still telling me Rush-

Perhaps you should wear it

Curiouser and curiouser...I deleted Rush from my wardrobe, logged out, logged back in, and "Pick me" still told me Rush. Does it send a cookie to my computer after the pick? I'll try deleting cookies next.

Maybe it's haunted or something - it suggested something different after my post below, although my cookies are cleared when the browser exits so that may well have something to do with it?

Cleared cookies, logged out, logged back in, and "Pick me" says-------wait for it-------Rush!

Perhaps the perfume gods are trying to tell me something, like get rid of my other perfumes, or buy Gucci stock, or sew '80s shoulder pads into my clothes...

Haha - this is mad - - have you actually posted an alternative yet?

I tried it and it suggested Purple Patchouli, something listed in my wardrobe under Samples. Repeated tries for an alternative brought up Purple Patchouli again. Clearing my cache, history and cookies and then removing Purple Patchouli from my wardrobe entirely brought change though: it's now suggesting Carthusia Numero Uno. That's actually in my wardrobe under Collection and I haven't worn it in a very long time so it was a pretty good suggestion.

Adding: I looked for Rush in your wardrobe foxbins and could only find it in the Trash. I's never noticed that category before and don't even see how to put something into it. But, maybe if you salvage Rush by putting it into another wardrobe category, then click the red marker that negates that, it will remove it entirely from the possible Pick me somethings.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 30th January 2014 at 09:44 PM.

Took socalwoman's advice and moved Rush from the trash to "no longer own." Closed the browser which now clears cookies, logged back in, asked "Pick me" and got Rush. I am able to post Scent of the Day with no trouble but I was intrigued by the random pick possibilities. I guess I can just stand in front of the vanity with my eyes closed and point (after putting Rush in a drawer)!

I didn't move Purple Patchouli to Owned by selecting No longer own, I removed it completely with that red X thingy.

It might be easier to just wear it though

I don't seem to have a red X. I can check the box next to the fragrance name in the wardrobe list and down at the bottom of the list there is a little box that says "select" which lets you move the fragrances to the different lists or delete them, which is how Rush got in my Trash.

I have worn Rush. I just don't want to wear it everyday and I really wanted to use the "pick me" feature.

Also, my post count doesn't seem to be working either. Stuck at 45 and I know I have more than that.
    Last edited by foxbins; 30th January 2014 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Added trouble with post count

My mistake! They aren't Xs - they're more like little red circles with a tiny white line.

wardrobe.jpg

I don't know how to post a bigger picture but if you click on the one above, you can maybe see what I clicked to get rid of the scent entirely.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 30th January 2014 at 11:37 PM.

Thanks, socalwoman--I deleted Rush completely but the Pick me feature still recommends it. I give up.

This feature used to work well last spring but its been prone to bugs since the BN relaunch. I theorize that it's accessing scents from the Trash list.

Yes, Trilby Lark - or any of the other lists, such as 'owned'.

If they're permanently deleted so that they're not in any of the lists they shouldn't re-appear, but it might be confusing if they are actually still owned!

Dependent

Was talking to Grant about this and he fixed it! Works great for me now.

Yay!! I'll try it tomorrow, I'm already wearing something today. I love this feature--Saves me from standing in front of the perfume cabinet pondering my choices.

Dependent

Yes! Only problem is some of my more obscure items need love too, but aren't in the database. I'll have to build one in javascript, Jebus help me