Code of Conduct

Default LeLabo- Benjoin 19 Moscow City Exclusive

If you are not in the Russian Federation, particularily Moscow and want to check this one out....run on over to surrendertochance-they have a very limited quantity of samples:

notes of amber, musk, olibanum ( frankincense ) and cedar.

Woo-hoo, been wanting to sample this one since I heard of it!

UPDATE....
    Looks like it (weekly special) sold out in under 12 hrs. Enjoy those who purchased ....and please, give your reviews after you sample!

Looks like they still have some @ full price tho....

http://surrendertochance.com/le-labo...m_medium=email
    Last edited by Meow7; 30th January 2014 at 03:03 PM.

Default Re: LeLabo- Benjoin 19 Moscow City Exclusive

Thanks for posting this!
    I got to sniff the compound, but it seemed very flat. I'm assuming it'd come to life more with dilution.

P.S. This should probably be filed under sales / deals, but let's leave it here for now so that people can see it.

UPDATE....
    Looks like it (weekly special) sold out in under 12 hrs. Enjoy those who purchased ....and please, give your reviews after you sample!
    Here's hoping it is a great incense/amber frag.....

{Looks like they still have some @ full price tho....}

http://surrendertochance.com/le-labo...m_medium=email
    Last edited by Meow7; 30th January 2014 at 03:03 PM.

deadidol-
    Thanks-
    It wasn't a storewide sale and I just wanted to quickly let others here know about this, so I really didn't know where it belonged!
    I think others were wanting to sniff this newer Moscow only one too.
    I really do hope that it isn't a flat a scent like you experienced and some life was breathed into it! We'll see....

Luckily, its on its way. (fingers crossed)

[QUOTE=deadidol;3057472]Thanks for posting this!
    I got to sniff the compound, but it seemed very flat. I'm assuming it'd come to life more with dilution.

Well, the samples came and I wore it for the day. It does have the hallmark Le Labo fragrance signature on it, that's for sure!

I have to say that should I invest in a bottle, it would probably be a split. For me it's vaguely similar to Gaiac 10 (which I wear) with amber thrown in, making it slightly warmer. I was hoping for a phenomenal new scent of incense and amber, being that I love incense frags, however you are correct. I wanted it to be stellar, but it just doesn't quite reach those heights for me. Others may feel differently about it! My sense was that it would be fantastic on the right person. I think my husband may like it though, just for a change of pace. He just inherited the samples.
    Last edited by Meow7; 4th February 2014 at 02:41 PM.

After receiving mine I applied it and sadly it does seem very flat.(a hint of Amber Sultan though) Theres no real development over time. Longevity is really good, up to 8 hours with no let up.

Ugh. So it wasn't just me?

Honestly, when I smelled the compound I thought something was wrong, and that it perhaps would spring to life when blended. In fact, I was surprised by how flat it felt.

I have a pretty good scent memory -- when I smell something, I can generally store that smell quite well and recall the details much later. But with this, I kept my mouth shut as I didn't want to demonize it publicly in case I'd totally missed the mark on my analysis. I'd still love to wear it sometime to really get a sense of what's going on, but my initial impression of it was that it was a dry musk (similar to their falsely named labdanum 18), with a slightly lactonic benzoin, and something that almost smelled like flour or paste glue. I'm still intrigued, but it doesn't sound like it lives up to the concept, and certainly not the laughable pricing. Well, at least a couple of you got to try a scent that very few others can say they've tried!