Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default New Fragrance; Alien Eau Extraordinaire

From Now Smell This;

www.nstperfume.com/2014/01/24/thierry-mugler-alien-eau-extraordinaire-new-fragrance/

This sounds lovely to me as l love both Alien & tiare notes. Does anyone know when this will be released?
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Default Re: New Fragrance; Alien Eau Extraordinaire

This sounds like something my daughter would love. Thanks for the info.

(3635)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Blog Entries

You're welcome, hednic!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Blog Entries

l tried this today in John Lewis; just one tiny spritz on my outer wrist as l was passing on my way to an appointment.

My first impression was that it's a softer, less luminous version of the original, with a creamier feel & a lighter base. lt didn't make me feel the need to buy it, but then l do already own three different versions of Alien. l will try it again when the weather warms up though, as l think it might work better for me as a summer fragrance.

Anyone else tried it yet?

Blog Entries

Bottle looks nice! Do you think this is more or less unisex than the regular Alien? I didn't jump for the original, but a guy friend of mine really likes it, and I keep circling back, hoping it might impress me.

Blog Entries

Possibly more unisex; l'd have to try it again with a couple more sprays to be sure, & YMMV of course. Have you tried the Essence Absolue? lt's a more oriental version of the original, but you have to love heliotrope to enjoy it.

Teardrop, thank you for this. Is this a limited edition?
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Teardrop, thank you for this. Is this a limited edition?
    Sorry Primrose, l only just saw your post! There is nothing to indicate that it's a limited edition, & on the Mugler website it says refillable bottles are available, so l'm guessing this one is in for the long haul. l must give it another try soon...

I own it and love it. It smells like a more floral version of Dior Homme to me. The prominent iris note makes it indeed seem really similar to that. Gorgeous stuff, I prefer it over the original anytime. I definitely feel this is unisex, too.

Blog Entries

l tried this again today with a more generous application, & found it quite crisp & fruity up top this time. For me it definitely works best as a summer fragrance; it's still recognisably Alien, but much lighter, & l think much more work-friendly. This may well end up in my wardrobe at some point.