Code of Conduct
Just Starting Out Sponsor

Default Is Chanel Platinum Egoiste and Allure Homme Edition Blanche Both Worth Owning?

Hey there, everyone. I'm not new to fragrances, and certainly not new to BN (lurker).

I typically like darker and mysterious fragrances during the winter, but spring is slowly approaching and I'd like to add some scents to my spring and summer rotation.

Platinum Egoiste and Allure Homme Edition Blanche are two completely different fragrances, but hear me out. I'm looking to definitely buy (blind -- please don't talk me out of it) Platinum Egoiste -- I've heard that it has a very distinct fresh and metallic vibe to it when it opens and that it resembles the scent of Gillette shaving cream, which I absolutely love. I love that fresh out of the shower feeling when you feel like an absolute 'boss', so clean and fresh, and I feel like Platinum Egoiste would really 'add' to that amazing feeling.

On the other side of the coin, I want to buy AH Edition Blanche, but there's some pause here. I already have Dior Homme Sport 2012 which already has a dominant lemon note (to my nose). I wonder if it's redundant to own both DHS 2012 and AH EB? My interest is piqued with EB because everyone's calling it a lemon creme pie, that it's so creamy and smooth, and the vanilla note that I see listed on Fragrantica definitely intrigues me (since I'm a vanilla head), but is it worth picking up? Even with DHS 2012?

I know the question in the title of this thread is a subjective one to answer. I know that. But still, I'd like to open up this thread for discussion on this subject. Some input would be very much appreciated!

Default Re: Is Chanel Platinum Egoiste and Allure Homme Edition Blanche Both Worth Owning?

Both are great and were blind buys. Never looked back! Edition Blanche has that lemon pie vibe which is nice for the spring and summer. Platinum Egoiste has more of a clean and fresh vibe. More like a barbershop vibe IMO.

Default Re: Is Chanel Platinum Egoiste and Allure Homme Edition Blanche Both Worth Owning?

I owned CAEB and thought it was ok but not mind blowing good, the citrus, pinkPepper, tonka..etc : with all honesty gave me at times a cleaning solution vibe to a minimal degree, so I sold it to a home that woudl better appreciate it but in retrospect at the other end of the aisle stood L'Humaniste which has similar components as CAEB bu L'Humaniste is extremely natural with added gin and tonic vibe to the natural smelling citrus but IMHO it's more refine then CAEB by miles and worth owning irregardless of bad rap it gets on longevity or lack of it (btw I get 6-8 decent hrs)and it's a keeper for sure..now PE is very redundant and has same vibe as classic Ck eternity but not as great as Eternity obviously : it sure gets plenty of love from fragcomm and many do stand to adore it but not my cup of tea, Ck eternity is miles better on this fresh,cool,refreshing vibe that inspired through time so many thereafter but there is only one innovator
    Last edited by magnus611; 31st January 2014 at 06:33 PM.
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

IMO Yes. Both very nice scents IMO.

(3463)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Thanks for the replies, everyone! The more input, the merrier.

Any more takes?

Banned
    Blog Entries

PE was a blind buy that I sold..
    The whole Allure line is great!!!
    AHEB is more versatile and can worn at anytime and occasion..

I think both fragrances wear well. I have spent time with both as I am a fan of Chanel. If your tastes lean toward your description of the scents you can't go wrong. I do not get the comparison to Dior as I am one of the few people here who do not like DHS. I do not think they smell similar.
    I always found it amusing though that Platinum Egoiste definitely gets noticed. Through all the Tuscan Leathers, GIT, Bel Ami, DI parma, the Chanel always brought a "you smell nice" from people. Buy one at a time, start with the Platinum and see how you like it, then take it from there.
    Last edited by Mrnybluesman; 1st February 2014 at 12:14 AM.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

"I've been everywhere but the electric chair seen everything but the wind."..

Platinum Egoiste is a very clean and versatile wear for me. I have been wearing this and Creed Original Vetiver out lately. To be honest I just haven't connected to the Allure line of Chanel just yet. Maybe I will in the near future.
    Currently wearing: Vétiver by Christian Dior

In my opinion, each of them good enough and different enough from each other to justify owning them both.
    Currently wearing: Antaeus by Chanel

Basenotes Plus

I think they are different enough to own both.
    Summer rotation:
    Xerjoff Uden
    Creed Virgin Island Water
    Creed Aventus
    Frapin L'humaniste
    Dior Homme cologne 2013
    Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Love them both. You can totally have them both.

IMO, AHEB is one of my favorites, is backup bottle worthy and would not be redundant when compared to DHS -- PE is full bottle worthy.

Regards,

TC
    The Colognnoisseur
    Omaha, NE
    USA
    Currently wearing: Encre Noire by Lalique

PE= synthetic but fresh, smells rich (hence the platinum, very fitting). Smells like a boss.
    AHEB= trying to be lemon but isn't quite natural. I can't stand fake lemon anything. candy, frosting, fragrance, pledge, ect...

My clear choice is PE.

I would go for Platinum Egoiste first, but AHEB is good as well. Am I the only one that thinks AHEB smells very similar to Allure Homme Sport? I like AHS much more for some reason...

Basenotes Plus

Yes. Both.

I have both of them and they worth it

Most definitely both are full bottle worthy! Both are very different scents that can be worn almost anywhere, any time. I don't own AHEB yet because I prefer all other Chanel designer frags (except for Eau Extreme) but it is on my buy list.
    "All the best perfumes in history have something that smells like garbage in them; that's what keeps drawing you back."

Though i don't own any of them, I've smelled them before and are different enough scents to justify owning both.

allure home blanche is good, nice lemon cold opening on the skin; meanwhile platinum egoiste I do not care much about; if you want fresh from the chanel line - allure home sport is better

Bought both. Love both. Thanks for the input, everyone.