Code of Conduct

Thread: Grey hair

Question Grey hair

Hello all!

Looking for something that makes my grey/white hair less apparent to have a younger look.

Many thanks in advance for your answers.

GF

Default Re: Grey hair

Go to a reputable salon in your area and get a Demi permanent hair color service. It will lightly blend the gray to but not take everything out. DO NOT use permanent hair color or go too dark. Recommend not doing it yourself or you could look like you've spilt shoe polish on your head.

Quote Originally Posted by jarrodrocks View Post
    Go to a reputable salon in your area and get a Demi permanent hair color service. It will lightly blend the gray to but not take everything out. DO NOT use permanent hair color or go too dark. Recommend not doing it yourself or you could look like you've spilt shoe polish on your head.
    This is excellent advice. I have done this and it looks natural, and the results are long lasting and safe, but needs to be done in a salon as mentioned.

(3692)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Henna shampoo might be worth a try. It tends to stain it (and grout) brown.

Quote Originally Posted by Marais View Post
    Henna shampoo might be worth a try. It tends to stain it (and grout) brown.
    Oh no, not this. Over time henna shampoo will change your hair to somewhat orange. I have seen several people that use henna shampoos with this type of results. Best to do it at a salon or just for men works ok too.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceptive View Post
    Oh no, not this. Over time henna shampoo will change your hair to somewhat orange. I have seen several people that use henna shampoos with this type of results. Best to do it at a salon or just for men works ok too.
    LOL, you might be right there. I'm going a little bit grey myself but am letting nature take its course. I have an older friend who used to use Just for Men (black).
    For the first week it was an unrealistic boot polish back, then later it went a reddy brown, at which stage he earned the nickname 'Widow Twanky' (Trad UK panto dame).

Quote Originally Posted by Marais View Post
    I have an older friend who used to use Just for Men (black).
    For the first week it was an unrealistic boot polish back, then later it went a reddy brown,
    That's the very reason I stopped using that product years ago and started going to a salon. Not only does it look fake when applied, but the color does transition with time in a very unattractive way.

(4182)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I read on a recent article that scientists, discovered how to reverse grey hair. Hopefully this will solve this?

Quote Originally Posted by GentlemanFarmer View Post
    Hello all!
    Looking for something that makes my grey/white hair less apparent to have a younger look.
    Many thanks in advance for your answers.
    GF
    Leave the colour as it is and enjoy the gravitas it gives you.

Think Alpha silverback Gorilla!

As has been said elsewhere, pay attention to styling (I'm thinning as well, so I've gone for a razor cut all over (no. 2 for me)).

Whatever you do, DON'T try to 'look young/ trendy' with a ponytail or similar. That will just make you look like a prat (or jerk, since this is an international forum ).
    Last edited by JohnTheBeginner; 9th April 2014 at 07:50 PM.

Basenotes Plus

I've decided to grow old (dis)gracefully. Unless done at a reputable salon it can look utterly ridiculous. Likewise it would never enter my mind to wear a wig. Even the best ones are just this side of awful. Grey hair? George Clooney doesn't appear to be lacking female attention.
    Hard work never killed anyone, but why risk it?

Just use the stuff they sell in supermarkets like Grecian and its many imitators. The stuff stinks from the lead compound in it, but you can put it on for around 6 hours, then shampoo it off before going to bed. The process is slow, but does take the edge off any creeping grey and it doesn't look unnatural. The Italian made Rinova brand doesn't smell quite as bad as other brands.

The only thing is, one has to use a very mild shampoo when washing it off, else the process becomes extra slow.

I've seen guys in their early 30s with grey hair to rival 55 year olds. It just affects some people that way.

Why look old and "graceful"/"distinguished" when for a few dollars you don't have to?

If do you want to look older, grow a moustache,.
    Regards,
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 19th April 2014 at 04:49 AM.

My husband (and some of his friends) has been using Grecian and similar products. I like this because the results you get look very natural.

And please do not grow a moustache or a beard, which both tend to bring a gloomy mien to an otherwise pleasant face!

Moreover, it is much more fun to kiss a clean-shaven man.
    Last edited by Puma; 21st April 2014 at 11:54 AM.