Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 35 of 35
  1. #1

    Default Advice plz for Jojoba oil

    Hi,

    Is this Jojoba oil is perfect to use as carrier oil for essential oils?

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/JOJOBA-OIL-P...-/150626431810

    Regds- Javed

  2. #2

    Default Re: Advice plz for Jojoba oil

    Jojoba doesn't keep very well - FCO is used more frequently if wishing to avoid the use of alcohol in a perfume.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Advice plz for Jojoba oil

    I read that jojoba's shelf life is much more then FCO, what do you say?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Advice plz for Jojoba oil

    I found this article which is supporting your visiosn...
    http://www.everythingessential.me/Hi...rrierOils.html

    Regds- Javed

  5. #5

    Default Re: Advice plz for Jojoba oil

    Ah, thank you, Javed - I found this for you

    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/282...ed-some-advise

  6. #6

    Default Re: Advice plz for Jojoba oil

    Dear Ipp...you are really helpful....

  7. #7

    Default Re: Advice plz for Jojoba oil

    Thank you, Javed - there should be some people along soon who should be able to give you much more informed help!
    Good luck!

  8. #8

    Default Re: Advice plz for Jojoba oil

    Dear Ipp,

    My primary goal is to make essential for diffusing & secondary is for perfumery, what do you say, should I dilute essential oils for diffuser in FCO & for perfumery in DPG?

  9. #9

    Default Re: Advice plz for Jojoba oil

    Diffusing as in reed diffuser? Then you need DPG. jojoba and FCO cannot be used for diffusing. In general, fixed oil is used for massage and bath oil.

  10. #10

  11. #11

    Default Re: Advice plz for Jojoba oil

    Hi Javed!

    Sorry, no idea - we have a suppliers list which shows some suppliers used by members here.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/258...ogress-12-2013

    Someone else who has bought some recently may be able to tell you more about reliable sellers of both.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Advice plz for Jojoba oil

    Sure, I will check it.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Advice plz for Jojoba oil

    Quote Originally Posted by ariodant View Post
    Diffusing as in reed diffuser? Then you need DPG. jojoba and FCO cannot be used for diffusing. In general, fixed oil is used for massage and bath oil.
    Dear Ariodant,

    I want to put my EOs in burner, so what short of carrier oil I should use? FCO will be good?

    Regds- Javed

  14. #14

    Default Re: Advice plz for Jojoba oil

    Here's an old thread about diffuser ingredients
    http://www.basenotes.net/huddlerarchive/382270

  15. #15

    Default Re: Advice plz for Jojoba oil

    Quote Originally Posted by javed khaanzada View Post
    Dear Ariodant,

    I want to put my EOs in burner, so what short of carrier oil I should use? FCO will be good?

    Regds- Javed
    No, FCO cannot be used in a burner. For a traditional tea light burner, simply add water to the bowl and pour EO onto the water. The tea candle warms the water, which in turn warms and evaporates the EO. DPG will also work. Electrical burners have absorbent pads for you to soak in EOs.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Advice plz for Jojoba oil

    Dear Ariodant,

    I am sorry that I failed to explain my query. As I read that in in 30ml or 600 drops of carrier oil, we have to add 6 drops of any essential oil & have to put for 30 to 45 days in dark place & in dark bottle.

    Can I put such EOs in such bowl of burner in water?

    Regds- Javed

  17. #17

    Default Re: Advice plz for Jojoba oil

    Quote Originally Posted by javed khaanzada View Post
    Dear Ariodant,

    I am sorry that I failed to explain my query. As I read that in in 30ml or 600 drops of carrier oil, we have to add 6 drops of any essential oil & have to put for 30 to 45 days in dark place & in dark bottle.

    Can I put such EOs in such bowl of burner in water?

    Regds- Javed
    6 drops of EO in 600 drops of carrier oil =1% concentration, which is in the ballpark of massage/facial/bath oil strength. Using such dilute material will not give you much fragrance in a burner setting. Use pure EO in your tea light burner, or mix 1:1 with DPG if your EO is strong.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Advice plz for Jojoba oil

    If you want to prepare a fragrance for oil burner (drops of fragrance in warmed water) the only solvent to use is Dipropylene Glycol (DPG). If you want to prepare a fragrance for a Reed Diffuser, the only solvents to use are Dowanol Dpm and Dowanol TPM, for a Reed Diffuser DPG will not work. I have given this advice countless times before.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Advice plz for Jojoba oil

    Good, one thing is clear that I should use DPG for oil burner.

    Which ingredient I should require to mix in EOs, If I want to make perfumes/scents for my family?

  20. #20

    Default Re: Advice plz for Jojoba oil

    Ethanol.

  21. #21

    Default Re: Advice plz for Jojoba oil

    Quote Originally Posted by javed khaanzada View Post
    Good, one thing is clear that I should use DPG for oil burner.

    Which ingredient I should require to mix in EOs, If I want to make perfumes/scents for my family?
    If you are happy to use Ethanol then that is the best solvent for on skin perfumes. If you have a problem with it then you should use Jojoba Oil, Fractionated Coconut Oil or Castor oil; but be aware that you may have more solubility problems.

  22. #22

    Default Re: Advice plz for Jojoba oil

    Dear David,

    Let me check of Ethanol here in Pakistan, pl advice me I should ask them any specific type of Ethanol?

  23. #23

    Default Re: Advice plz for Jojoba oil

    Try to get 95% pure (or more, but not necessary.) No added smell; the ethanol odor itself is not a problem (some fixatives and masking notes (that is, your perfume) will deal with that) but there should be no denaturants with any obvious odor.
    It is basically the same stuff that's in alcohol drinks, and in about every commercial perfume on the market. Another name for it is Ethyl Alcohol.You don't want vodka (too much water) or the typical denatured alcohol sold cheaply in drugstores (it has stuff added that makes it smell bad.) Apart from that (the impurities) Ethanol = Ethanol. It's just a (rather volatile) molecule, and one does not differ from the other.
    Last edited by gido; 4th February 2014 at 09:13 AM.

  24. #24

    Default Re: Advice plz for Jojoba oil

    Hmmm... probably I will face difficulty to locate here in Pakistan, being a muslim country. Despite perfumes Ethanol & Ethyl Alcohol also use in other products like medicines, if yes then I will able to locate from any drug company.

  25. #25

    Default Re: Advice plz for Jojoba oil

    I do have Doctors Brandy, which I arranged to mix in my Bach Flowers Remedies, will also try to locate Vodka here.

  26. #26

    Default Re: Advice plz for Jojoba oil

    ahem.

    Quote Originally Posted by gido View Post
    Try to get 95% pure (or more, but not necessary.) No added smell; the ethanol odor itself is not a problem (some fixatives and masking notes (that is, your perfume) will deal with that) but there should be no denaturants with any obvious odor.
    It is basically the same stuff that's in alcohol drinks, and in about every commercial perfume on the market. Another name for it is Ethyl Alcohol.You don't want vodka (too much water) or the typical denatured alcohol sold cheaply in drugstores (it has stuff added that makes it smell bad.) Apart from that (the impurities) Ethanol = Ethanol. It's just a (rather volatile) molecule, and one does not differ from the other.

  27. #27

    Default Re: Advice plz for Jojoba oil

    What is Doctors brandy exactly? I suppose drinkable but very strong? How strong?

  28. #28

    Default Re: Advice plz for Jojoba oil

    If you can somehow get hold of vodka that's 90% or so that would still be alright. I suppose 80% would be the very lowest, but that would leave little room for perfume materials. I mean that things will start to fall out all too soon when you are adding oils. Your perfume will get milky and then start to separate, basically like an emulsion gone wrong.

  29. #29

    Default Re: Advice plz for Jojoba oil

    Quote Originally Posted by gido View Post
    What is Doctors brandy exactly? I suppose drinkable but very strong? How strong?
    Dear Gido,

    Its drinkable.

  30. #30

    Default Re: Advice plz for Jojoba oil

    Quote Originally Posted by gido View Post
    If you can somehow get hold of vodka that's 90% or so that would still be alright. I suppose 80% would be the very lowest, but that would leave little room for perfume materials. I mean that things will start to fall out all too soon when you are adding oils. Your perfume will get milky and then start to separate, basically like an emulsion gone wrong.
    Little hope to get Vodka.

  31. #31

    Default Re: Advice plz for Jojoba oil

    Javed - you could try to get denatured ethanol (make sure it's denatured with bitrex,
    it's supposed to be odorless). You could get 96% denatured ethanol, and it's not
    drinkable, so there should be any religious problems with it.

  32. #32

    Default Re: Advice plz for Jojoba oil

    Quote Originally Posted by javed khaanzada View Post
    Hmmm... probably I will face difficulty to locate here in Pakistan, being a muslim country. Despite perfumes Ethanol & Ethyl Alcohol also use in other products like medicines, if yes then I will able to locate from any drug company.
    That's why I wondered if you would have trouble with Ethanol. Most Muslim countries use non alcoholic fragrances.

  33. #33

    Default Re: Advice plz for Jojoba oil

    Quote Originally Posted by Nizan View Post
    Javed - you could try to get denatured ethanol (make sure it's denatured with bitrex,
    it's supposed to be odorless). You could get 96% denatured ethanol, and it's not
    drinkable, so there should be any religious problems with it.
    Nizan, I will try to locate it. Someone told me that Sugar mills use 95% Ethenol, so I should try to locate there.

  34. #34

    Default Re: Advice plz for Jojoba oil

    David, Along with me majority of muslims here in Pakistan use alcoholic fragrances, I use Calvin & Klein fragrances, but during our prayers, we dont wear such fragrances.Is Spirit & Ethanol is same thing?

    Regds- Javed

  35. #35

    Default Re: Advice plz for Jojoba oil

    Spirit and Ethanol are probably the same thing. I would have thought that if you sprayed an alcoholic fragrance in the morning, you would still be wearing it, during your prayers, even though the alcohol would have evaporated; but what do I know?

Similar Threads

  1. Fragrance Oil + Essential Oil + Jojoba Oil = ?
    By Moderation in forum Fragrance DIY
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10th December 2013, 10:19 PM
  2. Dissolving jojoba oil
    By bluesoul in forum Fragrance DIY
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 12th November 2013, 04:07 PM
  3. Jojoba oil and fragrance.
    By Sniffa in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10th March 2011, 11:54 AM
  4. Benzoin & jojoba oil
    By sweetanthem in forum Fragrance DIY
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 29th December 2009, 04:52 PM
  5. Where to typically purchase Jojoba Oil?
    By yonggoh in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12th February 2007, 12:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •