Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 39 of 39
  1. #1
    Dependent
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,424
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Wow these new Diors look badass


  2. #2
    Dependent pluran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Rusk
    Posts
    6,523
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Wow these new Diors look badass

    Looking forward to it.
    Last edited by pluran; 3rd February 2014 at 10:36 PM.
    “Perfume is decidedly not about two things: it isn’t about memory and it isn’t about sex. Perfume is about beauty and intellect,”.........“A perfume is a message in a bottle—not a smell—and the message is written by the perfumer and read by the person who smells it.”

  3. #3
    Dependent
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,424
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Wow these new Diors look badass

    Separately, Demachy has also created Midnight Poison Eau de Parfum.

    I really like what Dior is doing!

    http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scenteds...eau_de_pa.html

  4. #4

    Default Re: Wow these new Diors look badass

    They are 3 ml attar bottles lol. I am wondering what the notes in the new prive Cuir Cannage will be.

  5. #5
    Dependent
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,424
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Wow these new Diors look badass

    Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    They are 3 ml attar bottles lol. I am wondering what the notes in the new prive Cuir Cannage will be.
    Just saw that. 3 ml for $300. Yeah my interested just ended LOL.

    http://www.dior.com/beauty/en_us/fra...46130-oud.html
    Last edited by cameron; 3rd February 2014 at 09:42 AM.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Wow these new Diors look badass

    Looks very interesting. Im not one to care about bottles but these do look good.

    Maybe the end is near for the fresh aquatic phase!!!!!

  7. #7

    Default Re: Wow these new Diors look badass

    They should be arriving in some Dior boutiques soon.

    (3761)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.

  8. #8
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Oslo
    Posts
    543
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Wow these new Diors look badass

    The mere thought of transforming something you love into something even more sensual and deep is very interesting to me. The only problem I foresee is actually getting to try this out. I mean - 3 ml equals how many drops? Will you even be able to sample it with these prices? And how well will it work with other fragrances besides Diors prive-collection? Can you seemingly "overclock" any fragrance to tweak it, or will that just turn into disaster?

    Apparently I have lots of questions .. hehe. Feel free to answer if you know anything about this. I've never even considered layering before - but this is making me curious on the whole business. Also I'm probably a bit of a Dior-fan ... making it even harder to stay away from these. Almost glad there's no way to test these out in Norway. Could be expensive.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Wow these new Diors look badass

    Wow, 100 bucks per ml? Goodness, that's pricey.
    "Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom." "It is honorable for a man to stop striving, Since any fool can start a quarrel." Proverbs.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Wow these new Diors look badass

    $300 for 3ml? Yeah, my interest just ended also!
    Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Just saw that. 3 ml for $300. Yeah my interested just ended LOL.

    http://www.dior.com/beauty/en_us/fra...46130-oud.html

  11. #11

    Default Re: Wow these new Diors look badass

    Oh man -- stop it. I'm on the wagon.

    They look the business

  12. #12
    Dependent magnus611's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,243
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Wow these new Diors look badass

    I guess if splitting the amount of decanted juice would be in increments of microliter ,nanoliter ,and picoliter ...lol This is crazy not even Roja prizes that high and I doubted that they're out this world good, well see!
    Last edited by magnus611; 3rd February 2014 at 01:59 PM.
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents"

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    15,258
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Wow these new Diors look badass

    Plenty of ballers here..
    Somebody will give it a try I am guessing..

  14. #14

    Default Re: Wow these new Diors look badass

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    Plenty of ballers here..
    Somebody will give it a try I am guessing..
    I vote Tony takes the plunge of $100/ml.
    I'm not man enough.
    "All the best perfumes in history have something that smells like garbage in them; that's what keeps drawing you back."

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    15,258
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Wow these new Diors look badass

    Quote Originally Posted by expressway View Post
    I vote Tony takes the plunge of $100/ml.
    I'm not man enough.
    Maybe I can get in a 1/10 ml split- LOL

  16. #16
    Basenotes Junkie cwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    604
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Wow these new Diors look badass

    Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    Wow, 100 bucks per ml? Goodness, that's pricey.
    That depends on how strong it is. If you only need the tiniest swipe of these for a full wear, it's not all that expensive. Just think of it as a bottle of pure oud oil.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Wow these new Diors look badass

    Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Just saw that. 3 ml for $300. Yeah my interested just ended LOL.

    http://www.dior.com/beauty/en_us/fra...46130-oud.html
    My interest just ended also!!!

  18. #18

    Default Re: Wow these new Diors look badass

    Yeah, I think I'll pass. It's good that they want you to layer them however. So I need to buy several at $300 / each, and mix and match them myself. Nice. So, I pay hundreds of dollars to create my own fragrance...

    Be careful you don't spill any. That would be a shame.

  19. #19
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Wow these new Diors look badass

    Looks nice, out of my league though.

  20. #20
    Dependent canuck21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    1,057
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Wow these new Diors look badass

    Maybe I'll have the chance to try them at a Dior boutique next time I go because there is no way I'll ever own one of these, prices are insane.

  21. #21

    Default Re: Wow these new Diors look badass

    I'm curious what they could put in these to make 3mL cost $300.
    Fragrance blog returning in May 2014!: http://moteperfumery.blogspot.com/

  22. #22
    Dependent rynegne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    CHI-BURBS
    Posts
    3,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Wow these new Diors look badass

    Bald eagle blood? Dinosaur musk? Who knows how Dior is justifying this absurd price tag...my mind is blown here. I could never justify paying $100/ml, even if I had the means to do so.

    Quote Originally Posted by OctaVariuM View Post
    I'm curious what they could put in these to make 3mL cost $300.

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,135
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Wow these new Diors look badass

    This is crazy pricing strategy. I wonder what their sales projections are for these.

  24. #24

    Default Re: Wow these new Diors look badass

    Quote Originally Posted by canuck21 View Post
    Maybe I'll have the chance to try them at a Dior boutique next time I go because there is no way I'll ever own one of these, prices are insane.
    There will be a charge to just try them

  25. #25

    Default Re: Wow these new Diors look badass

    If a ml lasts 3 wearings you'd get 9 wearings so $33 to wear once. Lmao, sorry not for me.

    Edit: just realized it was my 1000th post! Woot!
    Current favorites_____Roja Dove Amber Aoud_____Montale Aoud Musk_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Armani Prive Oud Royale_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire

  26. #26

    Default Re: Wow these new Diors look badass

    Quote Originally Posted by Jridgen View Post
    If a ml lasts 3 wearings you'd get 9 wearings so $33 to wear once. Lmao, sorry not for me.

    Edit: just realized it was my 1000th post! Woot!
    Congrats on 1000 - but I would think you would get way more than 3 wearings / ml from these.

  27. #27

    Default Re: Wow these new Diors look badass

    So to get this right, Demachay envisioned a person to buy 2 to all 4 so one can layer these to their liking? Some has had this concept before and I'm struggling to remember which brand did this. I wasn't a fan of this concept, really.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

  28. #28

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NEPA
    Posts
    1,363
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Wow these new Diors look badass

    Splits will have to be done with tester strips instead of sample vials haha.

  29. #29

    Default Re: Wow these new Diors look badass

    Quote Originally Posted by 1280adam View Post
    Splits will have to be done with tester strips instead of sample vials haha.
    Please sign me up, lol. I may just buy all four though..don't wanna wait for a split really.
    "Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom." "It is honorable for a man to stop striving, Since any fool can start a quarrel." Proverbs.

  30. #30

    Default Re: Wow these new Diors look badass

    Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Congrats on 1000 - but I would think you would get way more than 3 wearings / ml from these.
    Yeah, I think there's some confusion here about what these are. $300 for 3ml isn't that different from other highly concentrated attars put out by lines like Amouage. A single drop of these kind of materials and you're honking for up to 24 hours!

  31. #31
    Dependent rynegne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    CHI-BURBS
    Posts
    3,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Wow these new Diors look badass

    Can't shower for a week or so to justify the cost lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    Yeah, I think there's some confusion here about what these are. $300 for 3ml isn't that different from other highly concentrated attars put out by lines like Amouage. A single drop of these kind of materials and you're honking for up to 24 hours!

  32. #32
    New Member david black's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Wow these new Diors look badass

    I'm excited to smell these (provided they are ever in a store I frequent).

    Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
    1. Voyage d' Hermes EDP
    2. Dolce & Gabbana EDT pre 2008

  33. #33
    david's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Cote d´Azur
    Posts
    2,206
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Wow these new Diors look badass

    Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    Yeah, I think there's some confusion here about what these are. $300 for 3ml isn't that different from other highly concentrated attars put out by lines like Amouage. A single drop of these kind of materials and you're honking for up to 24 hours!
    ....I don't want to honk whilst eating my breakfast.
    " If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun ". Katharine Hepburn.

  34. #34
    Basenotes Junkie cwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    604
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Wow these new Diors look badass

    Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    Yeah, I think there's some confusion here about what these are. $300 for 3ml isn't that different from other highly concentrated attars put out by lines like Amouage. A single drop of these kind of materials and you're honking for up to 24 hours!
    This is what I'm trying to say. 3 ml. of an attar or an oud oil is around the same price, and will last you forever. I don't think it's that crazy a price if they wear the same way.

  35. #35
    evogel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Milford,PA
    Posts
    1,493
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Wow these new Diors look badass

    Quote Originally Posted by cwill View Post
    This is what I'm trying to say. 3 ml. of an attar or an oud oil is around the same price, and will last you forever. I don't think it's that crazy a price if they wear the same way.
    Exactly. They are priced in accordance with 3ml/1/4 tola of pure oud oil. One swipe layered underneath your Dior Privee of choice (should) work just perfectly creating a lasting accord. This should make the 3ml last for years, especially if one picks up multiples to use with different Privee fragrances.

    Now, priced in accordance with pure oud oil yes but, do they really contain costly ingredients and/or pure oud oil or are we looking at perceived luxury?

  36. #36
    Basenotes Plus

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    New York city
    Posts
    881
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Wow these new Diors look badass

    They should make these scents in edp strength. Otherwise, I'm not interested

  37. #37
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Oslo
    Posts
    543
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Wow these new Diors look badass

    Quote Originally Posted by evogel View Post
    Exactly. They are priced in accordance with 3ml/1/4 tola of pure oud oil. One swipe layered underneath your Dior Privee of choice (should) work just perfectly creating a lasting accord. This should make the 3ml last for years, especially if one picks up multiples to use with different Privee fragrances.

    Now, priced in accordance with pure oud oil yes but, do they really contain costly ingredients and/or pure oud oil or are we looking at perceived luxury?
    I'm hoping this is what we're actually looking at. 3 ml lasting a long time because you get some sort of tool to just touch your pulse points that alters the fragrance applied afterwards. I can't imagine you having to use a whole drop (did I just say that) to get the effect, rather 1/10th or 1/100th of a drop. That would justify the price.

    If - on the other hand - we're talking 9-10 wearings for 330 usd, I'm not sure I'll go for that. Plenty of other less absurdly priced fragrances I want.

  38. #38

    Default Re: Wow these new Diors look badass

    Wonder if the Dior boutiques will have testers?

  39. #39
    Basenotes Junkie cwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    604
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Wow these new Diors look badass

    Quote Originally Posted by hreple View Post
    I'm hoping this is what we're actually looking at. 3 ml lasting a long time because you get some sort of tool to just touch your pulse points that alters the fragrance applied afterwards. I can't imagine you having to use a whole drop (did I just say that) to get the effect, rather 1/10th or 1/100th of a drop. That would justify the price.

    If - on the other hand - we're talking 9-10 wearings for 330 usd, I'm not sure I'll go for that. Plenty of other less absurdly priced fragrances I want.
    I would imagine you would use about 1/10 of a drop for a full wearing.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 4th September 2010, 02:48 AM
  2. What's the most Badass scent?
    By karisuma in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 1st August 2009, 03:20 AM
  3. BADASS vetivers?!
    By scent in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 13th May 2009, 07:15 PM
  4. Encre Noire: badass.
    By everso in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 19th June 2008, 04:02 PM
  5. Badass?
    By Xplo in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 20th July 2006, 12:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •