Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Default Re: Today's Purchases -- February 2014

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Thanks, Xscent - you too - are you enjoying Eva?
    More than expected! The bitter citrus note intrigues my nose and the amber vanilla is warm but not too sweet. Can't say I got many of the florals but I kept picking up different notes over a few hours which makes the whole experience really enjoyable.
    Last edited by Xscent; 15th February 2014 at 08:57 AM.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran
    Currently wearing: Sycomore (new) by Chanel

Basenotes Plus

The citrus is unusual - there's something very similar in Exultat - it's been a very addictive one for me!

I can see why, the citrus persisted for quite a while on me and made a good counter to the sweeter notes. I find it lovely.

Yves Rocher Le Paisirs Nature Framboise gift set

So far this month I've bought:

Czech & Speake Neroli cologne
    Balmain Vent Vert
    a couple of minis of Patou 1000
    samples of Amouage Gold pf and Gold ph
    sample of E Coudray Jacinthe et Rose
    sample of L'Eau de Serge Lutens
    sample of Miller Harris Geranium Bourbon
    Arabian Oud Woody

I really need to stop looking at everything else until I've got the bottle of PdN Patchouli Intense though. Not looking is hard.
    'I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal.'

Blog Entries

ExtremeK, do let me know what you think of the Mazzolari-Vetyver, please? I think it is lovely.
    Currently wearing: White Flowers by Creed

Basenotes Plus

Amber Oud by Kilian.

Tiziana Terenzi White Fire.

Cedrat Boise by Mancera

Today I bought Aedes de Venustas Iris Nazarena, 100 ml. Someone at work gave me a 50 ml bottle of Baldessarini Del Mar. Hmmmmm.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman
    Currently wearing: Cuiron by Helmut Lang

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post
    Thanks, hedonist! And I couldn't agree with you more -- Parfumerie Generale seems to fly under the radar a bit, but, admittedly, you have to appreciate gourmands and sweeter fragrances to really enjoy this line, I think. I've not been impressed with PG's florals at all, other than Louanges, Psychotrope, and Un Crime Exotique. My favorites of the line are Cadjmere, Aomassai, Intrigant Patchouli, L'Ombre Fauve, Felanilla, Bois Blonds, Cuir d'Iris, Tonkamande, Iris Oriental, and Indochine. I still want to try Cuir Venenum and Querelle.
    ExtremeK, do give Querelle a try. I had a sample sitting around for a long time, but never tried it. I was scared off by the reviews as an "old school masculine" and a vetiver prominent scent. I don't like vetiver. But a lovely BNer sent me a package with a little leaking in transit. The labels were smeared and I had to do blind sniffing. I put on one in the evening, and said wow. I wore it the next day. Loved it! It was Querelle I'm not the biggest incense fan, and don't like vetiver. But when combined with a little myrrh - well, do give it a try. It is lovely. Just softened enough to enjoy the notes that I usually don't. It was mind opening.

Blog Entries

Well, I just purchased a bottle of Guerlinade. ​Wish me luck, it's coming to me in the US from Europe. This is a nail-biter.

Good luck, Kumquat! I hope it gets here and is wonderful!

Kumquat, I have just last week received a bottle of Balmain de Balmain extrait from Germany, no trouble and came superfast!
    www.aafke-art.com

“Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

And I have just yesterday found my bottle of Coriandre (vintage, oh yes) in the mailbox!
    So I have brought a bottle of Coriandre, the round one, 30 roses said in her review that was the one to get.
    www.aafke-art.com

“Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    Well, I just purchased a bottle of Guerlinade. ​Wish me luck, it's coming to me in the US from Europe. This is a nail-biter.
    OMG!!!! Squeeeeeee and big congratulations!! Can you tell I'm excited? I'm so glad you bought this. I guess due to the limited supply it's not well known but I really haven't come across a lilac accord so beautiful as in this one.

Picking up some vintage Derby today, going to smell more 'manly' then most of the men in the office.

FrouFrou what a wonderful haul, congratulations!

Just ordered a set of Angel Jardins D'Etoiles samples, with Le Lys, La Rose, Pivoine, and Violette!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jujy54 View Post
    Betsy, should you want to sniff some Weils, check my wardrobe and pm me. I'll whip you up some samples.
    Jujy54 (Queen of the Universe),

Thank you so much for your generous offer. I purchased Weil de Weil on e-bay sight unsmelled and absolutely love it. I will take a look.

By the way, where do you buy the little ampules to send samples in? I too would like to offer some samples.

Have a wonderful Monday Your Royal Scentness.

Betsy
    Betsy

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post
    Xscent, I've been impressed with both of the Naomi Goodsirs, but I need to spend more time with them. Plus I'm a bit star-struck by M, at the moment, so it's hard to even look at another leather Congrats on the CdR! That's a great way to treat yourself
    Thanks ExtremeK I have treating myself down to a fine art these days. As for the luscious M, when works for you it is ruinous for other fragrances, it seduces so very well. Cuirs Velours for me is a bit too 'clean' somehow. I need more skank, booze and smoke.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xscent View Post
    OMG!!!! Squeeeeeee and big congratulations!! Can you tell I'm excited? I'm so glad you bought this. I guess due to the limited supply it's not well known but I really haven't come across a lilac accord so beautiful as in this one.
    Thanks! You turned me on to it. I'm very excited to get it. Fingers crossed!

Last edited by kumquat; 17th February 2014 at 02:38 PM.

UPS brought MDCI's Enlevement au Serail this morning.

I fell in love with this at first wearing, so when M. Marchal said it was an IRFA casualty, I threw good sense overboard and splurged. I feel very lucky to be able to enjoy this beautiful fragrance to the last.

DSC_0147.jpg
    Currently wearing: Bulgari Black by Bulgari

I'm envious of your Guerlinade Kumquat, will look forward to the full report!

I've just placed an order, which I should NOT have done, but I found vintage Hermes Eau d'Hermes, Joy and Cartier Panthere all in one place and simply could not resist.
    I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

My Sales Thread - A Collection Purge

Danie of course you should have Enjoy! Now go find some vintage Cuir de Russie.

Nice job, Kumquat, what a beautiful purchase! Total drool-worthy.

Not quite so extravagant...but I got myself some vintage No. 19 EDT, new in box, needless to say I'm excited about this one.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller
    Currently wearing: Shalimar by Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by ErinK View Post
    Nice job, Kumquat, what a beautiful purchase! Total drool-worthy.

Not quite so extravagant...but I got myself some vintage No. 19 EDT, new in box, needless to say I'm excited about this one.

Ohh nice!
    Congrats on the galbanum goodness (:
    for swap/sale:

Wow kumquat! Congrats to you as well.
    for swap/sale:

Good morning. Not exciting or romantic I guess but I did order my 2014 bottle of Mure Et Musc Extreme from Neiman Marcus, as they are having a "tote with samples with purchase" deal.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by danieq View Post
    I'm envious of your Guerlinade Kumquat, will look forward to the full report!

I've just placed an order, which I should NOT have done, but I found vintage Hermes Eau d'Hermes, Joy and Cartier Panthere all in one place and simply could not resist.
    Danieq, what a great find. Vintage Joy is lovely and I adore Panthere, one of my absolute favorites. Hermes and I unfortunately don't get along very well, poor longevity on me. Looking forward to your perceptions--

Blog Entries

image.jpg

How do like my back up bottle of
    Cartiér Panthére?

An Ebay find for just $100! This was originally $240.

heart of ice

Nice, kumquat! I have a teeny tiny bottle of the parfum and it is wonderful ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu
    Currently wearing: Blue by Morgane Le Fay