Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Today's Purchases -- February 2014

Serge Lutens Tubereuse Criminelle
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Congrats Kumquat!

lpp, is that a limited edition or how does o'Driu work?

Last time I was on his page he only had Peety & Eva Kant for sale. I'd wondered where all the other stuff went.

hedonist222, the classic line is still here: http://www.odriu.com/ecommerce/store.aspx

lpp, congrats on the Lafro! What samples did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    yes, well done, kumquat.

My parcel was opened by border control (why not customs & excise?) for some reason but survived unscathed.

I haven't liked cumin before but the guy's a genius at blending his compositions and has managed to make it very classy - respect.
    It even has an msds sheet....

Can't wait to check out the samples.
    Attachment 25562
    Attachment 25563 Attachment 25564 Attachment 25565
    awesome!!!

It's very special - somewhat overjoyed at present

It's very special - somewhat overjoyed at present
    He's brilliant at what he does -- I only wish some of them were a tad more accessible. I love Linfedele Haiku, Allegradonna, Lalfeogrigio, and quite like Leva, too.

Congrats on the bottle!

Thank you - it was apparently the last one but there's some serious exploring to be done.....

"impromptu" purchase - l'artisan parfumeur al oudh and cdg black. so i ventured in liberty, went to the perfume counter with purely the intention of 'just looking'. they've just started today another 'spend £150 get £30 off'. so i thought, 'okay, why not' and started looking around. didn't see the l'artisan line so i've asked the SA. 'we killed the line" he said, "but we still have most bottles in the storage room, they've not been returned yet". that was the final push. so i snatched a bottle of al oudh, still in the old, gorgeous arabesque design and the black. plus two scratch cards (another marketing ploy) which gave me two aveda shampoos & conditioners (those are going to my wife). job done, everyone's happy.
    photo 1.jpg

1 oz Electric Youth by Debbie Gibson
    2 oz Myrurgia Flor de Blason

for 6 dollars, total. haha.

I have a valentines hift now for a close female friend. Plus a teddy bear.
    she likes clean edp and the victorias secret sprays. I hope she likes the gift.
    LOWBROW TO THE CORE

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    Check out my Valentines Day gift to myself.
    Very nice, you make an excellent Valentine Kumquat!
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Quote Originally Posted by danieq View Post
    Xscent, I will do a proper review of that Caron asap!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    I think you may like this one Danie

Alright Xscent, here's my thoughts on the Caron Belladogia. I've tried it a couple of times, mine is the EdC concentration. I suppose some of the top notes could easily be missing, but what I get is a very sweet, soft, soapy scent. There's a bit of something that reminds me of plastic, but it's not offensive. It makes me think of the smell of polyester, very retro. And hair dryers, the old vintage sort that had a plastic cap that you attached to a hose and place on top of the head. Wow, I've just dated myself!

At any rate, I like it, but I find it requires a huge number of sprays to even be detected, nearing 20 at least. The first time I wore it, I paired it with L'Artisan Dzing and I really liked that combo. Both need a bit of amping to my mind and so they were a good complement to one another. Hope this little review satisfies.
    I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

My Sales Thread - A Collection Purge

Bought something I've wanted in my collection for a long time although I had never smelled it. A Soviet era Moscou Rouge (Red Moscow) by Novaya Zarya. It made it all the way from Russia with great packing and no stops at customs.

I put some on and it is not bad at all but a little bit goes a long way. It has the depth of a classic vintage and like something else I have smelled but I don't know what. Weil? Arpege? My Sin? Chamade? What????? Must go on a hunt.

All of you have and know about so many things I've never heard of. For years I only wore Shalimar with a brief change when I bought something new in a department store. Some of those department store purchases are very cherished now. And some are --- well - what was I thinking???? They are still classics that have been discontinued or re-formulated so I keep them all and once in awhile take them out and wear them.

Now I force myself to try new things and try to pay attention when all of you buy something I never heard of.
    Betsy
    Items in my wardrobe not in the fragrance directory:
    Exhilarators (Elizabeth Arden Bath and Body Spa from 1980's - no relation to Sun Flowers )
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

Alright Xscent, here's my thoughts on the Caron Belladogia. I've tried it a couple of times, mine is the EdC concentration. I suppose some of the top notes could easily be missing, but what I get is a very sweet, soft, soapy scent. There's a bit of something that reminds me of plastic, but it's not offensive. It makes me think of the smell of polyester, very retro. And hair dryers, the old vintage sort that had a plastic cap that you attached to a hose and place on top of the head. Wow, I've just dated myself!

At any rate, I like it, but I find it requires a huge number of sprays to even be detected, nearing 20 at least. The first time I wore it, I paired it with L'Artisan Dzing and I really liked that combo. Both need a bit of amping to my mind and so they were a good complement to one another. Hope this little review satisfies.
    Danie you're a doll. Mine's a EdC splash bottle. I'm not getting the plastic I do get carnation and rose. You may be right and it has lost some top notes or has started to turn. I'm a pretty generous splasher but it's not anywhere near equivalent to twenty sprays. Glad you found a good layering combo.

queen of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by BetsyMeszaros View Post
    Bought something I've wanted in my collection for a long time although I had never smelled it. A Soviet era Moscou Rouge (Red Moscow) by Novaya Zarya. It made it all the way from Russia with great packing and no stops at customs.

I put some on and it is not bad at all but a little bit goes a long way. It has the depth of a classic vintage and like something else I have smelled but I don't know what. Weil? Arpege? My Sin? Chamade? What????? Must go on a hunt.

All of you have and know about so many things I've never heard of. For years I only wore Shalimar with a brief change when I bought something new in a department store. Some of those department store purchases are very cherished now. And some are --- well - what was I thinking???? They are still classics that have been discontinued or re-formulated so I keep them all and once in awhile take them out and wear them.

Now I force myself to try new things and try to pay attention when all of you buy something I never heard of.
    Betsy, should you want to sniff some Weils, check my wardrobe and pm me. I'll whip you up some samples.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Pics!!!

And a surprise gift from the wonderful O'driu.

Congrats ^^^

for swap/sale:

I was at a TJMaxx recently (pre-snowstorm that has the area shutdown -sheesh the infrastructure SO isn't set up for snow here .It's only a few inches and everything stops-so NOT like Washington State ) and I ended up leaving with a couple of Body Shop sets Atlas Mountain Rose (lot like the Morrocan)and Madagascan Vanilla Flower(Sort of Deep Red or Hypnotic Poison minus the bitter almond note) they were a steal at $5 a set.
    Got online and read a review on Bois de Jasmin and lemminged a half bottle of Moschino Couture! on ebay . The seller sent it Monday from MI so it -might--maybe-- be here today or tomorrow????
    Fragrance Omnivore

Quote Originally Posted by bookwyrmsmith View Post
    I was at a TJMaxx recently (pre-snowstorm that has the area shutdown -sheesh the infrastructure SO isn't set up for snow here .It's only a few inches and everything stops-so NOT like Washington State ) and I ended up leaving with a couple of Body Shop sets Atlas Mountain Rose (lot like the Morrocan)and Madagascan Vanilla Flower(Sort of Deep Red or Hypnotic Poison minus the bitter almond note) they were a steal at $5 a set.
    Got online and read a review on Bois de Jasmin and lemminged a half bottle of Moschino Couture! on ebay . The seller sent it Monday from MI so it -might--maybe-- be here today or tomorrow????
    I wore Moschino Couture! for a brief stint in college. I think it my New Years Eve 2005 SOTE if I remember correctly, hehe. My bottle is actually in my swap list in my wardrobe if anyone else wants it! Something in it reminds me of SJP Covet. There is a note, or accord, in both of those perfumes that I can NOT abide. Let me know what you think of it when you sniff!
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by Xscent View Post
    Pics!!!

And a surprise gift from the wonderful O'driu.

Oh, very nice Xscent. Après L'Ondee is on my to buy list also. I am interested in trying Eva Kant now too, with all the interest here of late.

I just picked up a bottle of Vintage Lanvin My Sin. I'm quite in love with the animatics here recently.
    I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

Thanks Hedonist and Danieq. Danie both are very different fragrances, knowing your love of LhB Après L'Ondee is worth sampling and also Eva Kant might be in line with your more gourmand inklings. 😊

hedonist, I have some serious fragrance envy over your bottles of L'Ombre Fauve and M! Well done!

I bought a bunch of samples over the last several weeks, mostly in support of my search for a fragrance to take with me on my upcoming spa trip. I got 1ml samples of the following:
    • PG Cedre Sandaraque
    • PG Ilang Ivohibe
    • PG L'Eau de Circe
    • Diptyque Tam Dao EDP
    • CdG x Monocle Hinoki
    • Mazzolari Vetyver
    • Mazzolari Ambra
    • Mazzolari Alessandro
    • Costume National Scent Intense
    • Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese
    • Naomi Goodsir Cuir Velours
    • AbdesSalaam Attar Hindu Kush
    • AbdesSalaam Attar Broom
    • Heeley Coccobello

…And 5ml decants of Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver, VC&A Bois d'Iris, and PG Bois Blond.

My OH picked up a 50ml bottle of Montale Patchouli Leaves, the Kerosene sampler pack, and 100ml bottles of Kerosene Fields of Rubus and Kerosene Black Vines.

ExtremeK, the Parfumerie Generale line doesn't get talked about enough IMO. I need to do some rigid exploring.

Have fun at the spa!

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    ExtremeK, the Parfumerie Generale line doesn't get talked about enough IMO. I need to do some rigid exploring.

Have fun at the spa!
    Thanks, hedonist! And I couldn't agree with you more -- Parfumerie Generale seems to fly under the radar a bit, but, admittedly, you have to appreciate gourmands and sweeter fragrances to really enjoy this line, I think. I've not been impressed with PG's florals at all, other than Louanges, Psychotrope, and Un Crime Exotique. My favorites of the line are Cadjmere, Aomassai, Intrigant Patchouli, L'Ombre Fauve, Felanilla, Bois Blonds, Cuir d'Iris, Tonkamande, Iris Oriental, and Indochine. I still want to try Cuir Venenum and Querelle.

A valentine's gift from me to me. 1950's vintage Cuir de Russie extrait.

ExtremeK I love the Naomi Goodsir fragrances, Bois d'Ascese especially. That smokey campfire opening from the Somali Incense is really unique.

Xscent, I've been impressed with both of the Naomi Goodsirs, but I need to spend more time with them. Plus I'm a bit star-struck by M, at the moment, so it's hard to even look at another leather Congrats on the CdR! That's a great way to treat yourself

Oh Xscent , how kind you are to yourself! Enjoy!

I got a sample of Secretions Magnifique today......can I just say ewwwwww! It smells just like what everyone says! Be warned!

A replacement Bois des Iles decant and a decant of Iris Prima to sample. I have low expectations of the Iris Prima but we'll see (after all, iris perfume is like pizza: even when it's not the best, it's still good). Now that I say that I will probably love it, although I really haven't heard anyone get too excited about yet.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller

Vikt as the sample ran out.

Oh Xscent , how kind you are to yourself! Enjoy!

I got a sample of Secretions Magnifique today......can I just say ewwwwww! It smells just like what everyone says! Be warned!
    Thanks Danie, I have no one to spoil but myself at the moment I'm not game to try SM.

Lovely purchases ErinK and Ipp.

Thanks, Xscent - you too - are you enjoying Eva?

Thanks, Xscent - you too - are you enjoying Eva?
    More than expected! The bitter citrus note intrigues my nose and the amber vanilla is warm but not too sweet. Can't say I got many of the florals but I kept picking up different notes over a few hours which makes the whole experience really enjoyable.
    Last edited by Xscent; 15th February 2014 at 08:57 AM.

The citrus is unusual - there's something very similar in Exultat - it's been a very addictive one for me!

I can see why, the citrus persisted for quite a while on me and made a good counter to the sweeter notes. I find it lovely.

Yves Rocher Le Paisirs Nature Framboise gift set

So far this month I've bought:

Czech & Speake Neroli cologne
    Balmain Vent Vert
    a couple of minis of Patou 1000
    samples of Amouage Gold pf and Gold ph
    sample of E Coudray Jacinthe et Rose
    sample of L'Eau de Serge Lutens
    sample of Miller Harris Geranium Bourbon
    Arabian Oud Woody

I really need to stop looking at everything else until I've got the bottle of PdN Patchouli Intense though. Not looking is hard.
    'I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal.'

Blog Entries

ExtremeK, do let me know what you think of the Mazzolari-Vetyver, please? I think it is lovely.

Basenotes Plus

Amber Oud by Kilian.

Tiziana Terenzi White Fire.

Cedrat Boise by Mancera

Today I bought Aedes de Venustas Iris Nazarena, 100 ml. Someone at work gave me a 50 ml bottle of Baldessarini Del Mar. Hmmmmm.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post
    Thanks, hedonist! And I couldn't agree with you more -- Parfumerie Generale seems to fly under the radar a bit, but, admittedly, you have to appreciate gourmands and sweeter fragrances to really enjoy this line, I think. I've not been impressed with PG's florals at all, other than Louanges, Psychotrope, and Un Crime Exotique. My favorites of the line are Cadjmere, Aomassai, Intrigant Patchouli, L'Ombre Fauve, Felanilla, Bois Blonds, Cuir d'Iris, Tonkamande, Iris Oriental, and Indochine. I still want to try Cuir Venenum and Querelle.
    ExtremeK, do give Querelle a try. I had a sample sitting around for a long time, but never tried it. I was scared off by the reviews as an "old school masculine" and a vetiver prominent scent. I don't like vetiver. But a lovely BNer sent me a package with a little leaking in transit. The labels were smeared and I had to do blind sniffing. I put on one in the evening, and said wow. I wore it the next day. Loved it! It was Querelle I'm not the biggest incense fan, and don't like vetiver. But when combined with a little myrrh - well, do give it a try. It is lovely. Just softened enough to enjoy the notes that I usually don't. It was mind opening.

Blog Entries

Well, I just purchased a bottle of Guerlinade. ​Wish me luck, it's coming to me in the US from Europe. This is a nail-biter.

Good luck, Kumquat! I hope it gets here and is wonderful!

Kumquat, I have just last week received a bottle of Balmain de Balmain extrait from Germany, no trouble and came superfast!
    ''Do unto others 20% better than you'd expect them to do unto you to correct for subjective error.''
    (Linus Pauling)

www.aafke-art.com

And I have just yesterday found my bottle of Coriandre (vintage, oh yes) in the mailbox!
    So I have brought a bottle of Coriandre, the round one, 30 roses said in her review that was the one to get.
    ''Do unto others 20% better than you'd expect them to do unto you to correct for subjective error.''
    (Linus Pauling)

www.aafke-art.com

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    Well, I just purchased a bottle of Guerlinade. ​Wish me luck, it's coming to me in the US from Europe. This is a nail-biter.
    OMG!!!! Squeeeeeee and big congratulations!! Can you tell I'm excited? I'm so glad you bought this. I guess due to the limited supply it's not well known but I really haven't come across a lilac accord so beautiful as in this one.

Picking up some vintage Derby today, going to smell more 'manly' then most of the men in the office.

FrouFrou what a wonderful haul, congratulations!

Just ordered a set of Angel Jardins D'Etoiles samples, with Le Lys, La Rose, Pivoine, and Violette!

Quote Originally Posted by jujy54 View Post
    Betsy, should you want to sniff some Weils, check my wardrobe and pm me. I'll whip you up some samples.
    Jujy54 (Queen of the Universe),

Thank you so much for your generous offer. I purchased Weil de Weil on e-bay sight unsmelled and absolutely love it. I will take a look.

By the way, where do you buy the little ampules to send samples in? I too would like to offer some samples.

Have a wonderful Monday Your Royal Scentness.

Betsy
    Betsy
    Items in my wardrobe not in the fragrance directory:
    Exhilarators (Elizabeth Arden Bath and Body Spa from 1980's - no relation to Sun Flowers )
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post
    Xscent, I've been impressed with both of the Naomi Goodsirs, but I need to spend more time with them. Plus I'm a bit star-struck by M, at the moment, so it's hard to even look at another leather Congrats on the CdR! That's a great way to treat yourself
    Thanks ExtremeK I have treating myself down to a fine art these days. As for the luscious M, when works for you it is ruinous for other fragrances, it seduces so very well. Cuirs Velours for me is a bit too 'clean' somehow. I need more skank, booze and smoke.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xscent View Post
    OMG!!!! Squeeeeeee and big congratulations!! Can you tell I'm excited? I'm so glad you bought this. I guess due to the limited supply it's not well known but I really haven't come across a lilac accord so beautiful as in this one.
    Thanks! You turned me on to it. I'm very excited to get it. Fingers crossed!

Last edited by kumquat; 17th February 2014 at 02:38 PM.

UPS brought MDCI's Enlevement au Serail this morning.

I fell in love with this at first wearing, so when M. Marchal said it was an IRFA casualty, I threw good sense overboard and splurged. I feel very lucky to be able to enjoy this beautiful fragrance to the last.

DSC_0147.jpg

I'm envious of your Guerlinade Kumquat, will look forward to the full report!

I've just placed an order, which I should NOT have done, but I found vintage Hermes Eau d'Hermes, Joy and Cartier Panthere all in one place and simply could not resist.

Danie of course you should have Enjoy! Now go find some vintage Cuir de Russie.

Nice job, Kumquat, what a beautiful purchase! Total drool-worthy.

Not quite so extravagant...but I got myself some vintage No. 19 EDT, new in box, needless to say I'm excited about this one.

Quote Originally Posted by ErinK View Post
    Nice job, Kumquat, what a beautiful purchase! Total drool-worthy.

Not quite so extravagant...but I got myself some vintage No. 19 EDT, new in box, needless to say I'm excited about this one.

Ohh nice!
    Congrats on the galbanum goodness (:

for swap/sale:

Wow kumquat! Congrats to you as well.

for swap/sale:

Good morning. Not exciting or romantic I guess but I did order my 2014 bottle of Mure Et Musc Extreme from Neiman Marcus, as they are having a "tote with samples with purchase" deal.

Basenotes Plus

I'm envious of your Guerlinade Kumquat, will look forward to the full report!

I've just placed an order, which I should NOT have done, but I found vintage Hermes Eau d'Hermes, Joy and Cartier Panthere all in one place and simply could not resist.
    Danieq, what a great find. Vintage Joy is lovely and I adore Panthere, one of my absolute favorites. Hermes and I unfortunately don't get along very well, poor longevity on me. Looking forward to your perceptions--

Blog Entries

image.jpg

How do like my back up bottle of
    Cartiér Panthére?

An Ebay find for just $100! This was originally $240.

summer means fireflys

Nice, kumquat! I have a teeny tiny bottle of the parfum and it is wonderful ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu