Code of Conduct

Thread: Hello, and...

Default Hello, and...

Hello Basenotes! Just activated my account after suddenly having a huge scent discovery interest that's lasted well over a month. I'm absolutely in the category of "just starting out." Went through body shop sprays and such in my teens, Thierry Mugler fan in my 20's, and now in my thirties have decided to actually research scents and processes and houses. Again, just starting out in that regard. Diptyque and House of Matriarch and Creed exploration in progress. So far all I know is I do enjoy linear scents (though I prefer ones with depth and development), don't like to project a whole lot, and have a whole collection of "brand name" perfumes that now smell like generic cosmetics counter ambiance to me now I also like gourmands that smell edible but that I can't figure out right away if that makes any sense. Guessing at a delicious smell is a big draw for me.

The heart of this journey has changed from purely self interest and love of beautiful or interesting scents to a more purposeful thing. I coach gymnastics at a very competitive gym and have friends that are into aromatherapy. I'm told that jasmine is a scent that invokes courage and boldness, and that neroli is a calming type that invites focus rather than sleep. Sounds like a good start for a "working day" perfume. Smell great and aromatherapy(?) at the same time! Are there perfumes with these as standouts available?

Great to be here, been lurking as a non member for awhile, I plan on crash coursing for a bit as I receive my orders and try to narrow down likes and dislikes. This is going to get (more) expensive!

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Hello, and...

Expensive but rewarding

Thanks for the introduction, Linsul - great to have you here.

Blog Entries

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/371...t-2?highlight=

Hi Linsul & welcome to basenotes! Take a look at this recent thread on jasmine fragrances, l'm sure you'll find plenty of inspiration there.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Welcome
    YSL L'Homme
    D&G The One are subtle scents you might enjoy.

Welcome to you. Enjoy your time here on Basenotes!

(3775)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Hello and welcome! I see you are in the same boat I was in not too long ago
    It can get pretty expensive but also so much fun! The more I delved in to fragrances, the more I realize how fantastic I feel when wearing the perfect fragrance and what kind of impression a great scent can make. Good luck!
    "All the best perfumes in history have something that smells like garbage in them; that's what keeps drawing you back."

Thanks for the welcome and helpful links and suggestions! I'll look at it all for sure. Hoping to find more of a daytime thing than a Super sultry jasmine.

Blog Entries

lf you want a daytime jasmine, l recommend Estee Lauder's Jasmin White Moss; a light, crisp & classy jasmine.

l haven't found a neroli that l love, but you may enjoy L'Artisan's Seville a l'Aube. lt's mostly petitgrain (similar to neroli) & orange blossom. l wear it to work & it feels beautiful all day.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Wonderful thank you! I'm going to be drowning in samples soon, just noticed some delivery confirmations in my email. Neroli jasmine was something that came up today though, so just now digging in there. I also just discovered layering Philosykos and L'Ombre Dans L'Eau today, I'm practically huffing myself I love it!

Bitten by the bug✔️, great to have you in this enchanting fume realm.....Cheerios and God bless
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Welcome aboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Linsul View Post
    I'm practically huffing myself I love it!
    Too much information - but thanks

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Linsul View Post
    Wonderful thank you! I'm going to be drowning in samples soon, just noticed some delivery confirmations in my email. Neroli jasmine was something that came up today though, so just now digging in there. I also just discovered layering Philosykos and L'Ombre Dans L'Eau today, I'm practically huffing myself I love it!
    Welcome! Yes, sounds like you belong here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    Too much information - but thanks
    It was that good!! I freely admit I have issues of the great smelling kind though haha

I ordered Coco Blanc and Blackbird from House of Matriarch without noticing the fragrance profile for their top seller "Destiny." It sounds like it fits the bill, cheery, daytime, and all natural is a bonus....I think. I don't require projection and I assume it will fade quicker than synthetic counterparts. If I like the qualities of the other 2 I'll get a sample and see how it goes.

Destiny's website description:

Fragrance Family: White Floral / Chypre (100% Natural & Vegan)

SUNSHINE IN A BOTTLE! Packed with feel-good botanical essences, this beautiful fragrance was created to combat seasonal affective disorder during the dark Seattle winters. It's still a Seattle favorite, but it's fragrance fans from the rest of the world that have made Destiny our top selling perfume. Two varieties of jasmine and rare gardenia add exotic white floral notes to the cheery neroli backdrop. An undetectable trace of lemon grass provides a sheer lift without the usual lemony effect. The unapologetic and bold oak moss finish will keep your interest throughout the entire dry down.

Basenotes Plus

Welcome aboard! Enjoy the ride.