Code of Conduct

Default The different company collections

The past 5 years or so , this house has come and gone in various UK perfumeries and at the moment it is absent from these shores.
    I know the style divides opinions but I really enjoy the scents.
    I own the vetiver,iris in sens de bois and oud for love. I would appreciate some recommendations for sampling more from the line, unisex/masculine scents.
    A trip to Paris is out of the question but it would be good to know what to look out for if samples were to pop up on eBay.

Default Re: The different company collections

Some of my TDC favorites:

Oud for Love (which you already mentioned)
    De Bachmakov
    Aurore Nomade

I have the entire line in my collection and aside from what my colleague has recommended above, I'd also recommend South Bay, Oud Shamash, & White Zagora.

(3770)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Thank you for the suggestions.

Is white zag oar a green woody neroli or is it more a soft orange blossom style fragrance?

Blog Entries

The Bergamote fragrance is very nice. Not sure it's worth the price, but it's very nice stuff.

My fave is Sel de Vétiver. One of the greatest fragrances ever made, IMO. I like the iris, but I don't own it. I do have Sens et Bois - good stuff. I break it out occasionally, when I get the urge.

Another that I highly recommend is Un Parfum de Charmes et Feuilles. It is a very sharp, clear, tonal, aromatic, herbal fragrance. I think it's brilliant stuff. Something like the clarity of Millesime Imperial, but more noticeably herbal. It reminds me of unburned sage bundles.

Oriental Lounge is a very interesting amber. Not for everybody - some find it too modern and sweet, but it is my favorite amber of all, for that very reason. It's like a cross between a candyfloss girly juice, a cool spicy fragrance, and an amber.

de Bachmakov is great, too. Amazing combination of coniferous notes and shiso, creating a coolness that just takes you away.

I liked Ailleurs et Fleurs - may get that one someday.

I recommend de Bachamakov, Sublime Balkiss, and sel de vert. I think that is the best of their line. They are not wildly talked about in this forum maybe because on having long profile marketing/low budget. However, I find composition made by celine ellena very good compared to her father at times :P Celine Ellana's composition has better longetivity.

+ 1 Good are bergamonte and south bay.

Quote Originally Posted by kusum65 View Post
    Is white zagora a green woody neroli or is it more a soft orange blossom style fragrance?
    More toward the latter with a woody musky dry down. Definitely the orange is front and center IMO.

(3787)
    Last edited by hednic; 4th February 2014 at 03:49 AM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

If you have the chance , give Sel de Vetiver a try. This is an absolute gem of a vetiver fragrance. Very easily my favorite vetiver and one of my favorite scents of all time. Sometimes a perfumer will get it right to a tee. Celine Ellena achieved it with Sel De Vetiver.
    Chic is all about humor. Which means chic is about intelligence. And there has to be oddness-- most luxury is conformist, and chic cannot be. Chic must be polite and not incommode others, but within that it can be as weird as it wants.” - LT

The popular ones are popular for solid reasons.

But the hidden gems I think are:

Bois d'Iris
    Osmanthus
    Rose Poivree (reformulated allegedly but the current one is excellent irrespective of a reformulation)

for swap/sale:

Thanks all for the contributions. I have a good idea where to start now.

Sound Scents

The two Ouds are the standouts, IMO. Oud Shamash in particular is absolutely outstanding, especially if you enjoy spice focused compositions.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

I am also in the UK and have had much trouble finding the line here in the UK. I've not smelt any of the scents before, so I ordered some samples from First in Fragrance in Germany.

The were dispatched recently and I am waiting for them any minute. Totally recommend this firm for samples. Very good service and reasonable postage charges to the UK.

Basenotes Institution

As hedonist already suggested, you really must try Rose Poivree. It used to be talked about on BN, when I first joined. all of the time. Perhaps the best rose/pepper scent I've ever smelled. Of course, vintage juice is the best.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle