Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Today's Purchases -- February 2014

Anyone been shopping?

I finally picked up Jeux de Peau for a great deal on thedecantshop.com

And I got my hands on some Weil Antilope Parfum, hopefully it still has all it's wonderful character. It's the vintage stuff.

Default Re: Today's Purchases -- February 2014

The Weil hopes still there huh?, hope it works out!

Basenotes Plus

Default February 2014 purchases

Default Re: February 2014 purchases

Guerlain L'instant. Only just discovering this now!

So weird, I was sure I started a thread like this earlier today, but now I can't find it anywhere.

I picked up Jeux de Peau for a song over at thedecantshop.com as well as a vintage bottle of Antilope parfum on ebay. Hoping it has it's notes intact.

Yeah, I may be a sucker, but this is parfum, soooooo

I received Sugi today, and a nice-sized decant of Caron Parfum Sacre extrait from a split.

Basenotes Plus

Keiko Mecheri Attar de Roses
    Let us share each precious moment and enjoy the ones we love for each day is a new beginning and a blessing from above.

l'Ombre Fauve

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by salim96 View Post
    WOW, this is great!
    Thanks. It certainly is BW.

for swap/sale:

Picked up the gift set of Le Cherche Midi for $55 + shipping! No 01, 17, and 30, with 17 being my absolute favorite of the three!
    Le-Cherche-Midi-Group-2_grande.jpg

Basenotes Plus

Oops - apologies, danieq - had a traumatic day yesterday & failed to notice your thread!
    Thanks for starting

Although not the most authentic magnolia perfumes I've come across, these two beauties are my lovely little souvenirs from our recent Australian holiday.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Those look nice, E! I haven't sniffed too many magnolia scents but you did recommend that Acqua Di Parma one, I think? I notice some mag scents I've tried have a bit of a mint note to them..wonder why that is.
    Last edited by kalli; 4th February 2014 at 01:56 PM.

Acqua di Parma's Magnolia Nobile is the *best*, kalli - it really does replicate the smell of those big ol' southern magnolias better than any other perfume I've come across. But these two are wonderful, but like I said, not so magnolia-y. Sandrine reminds me of what I get from wearing Cristalle Eau Verte together with a bit of Magnolia Nobile, actually, and Michele reminds me a bit of Diorissimo of all things - I get more lily-of-the-valley, or maybe lilac or honeysuckle from it than magnolia, but it's certainly a very pretty, winsome and breezy floral. I should get lots of use out of them in summer, especially Sandrine, which I've already slotted for tennis.

Oh, I don't know about the mint you get ...I'll have to resniff with it in mind, but I think that must be a personal perception thing.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliwia View Post
    Keiko Mecheri Attar de Roses
    Oh, this is a WONDERFUL scent Kiliwia! Enjoy it! One of my absolute faves!

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Oops - apologies, danieq - had a traumatic day yesterday & failed to notice your thread!
    Thanks for starting
    No worries LPP, I just got all kinds of confused when I saw yours, and then I couldn't see mine because I was blind and ?????

Basenotes Plus

No idea, danieq - I noticed yours first thing this morning & merged mine into it but totally missed it yesterday.

Waiting for bottles of vintage Muguet des Bois and Emeraude. Both ebay purchases. Not long ago, I acquired some vintage Shalimar, also an ebay purchase. This is my first bottle of Shalimar and I now understand why the devotees are so devoted. It is very addictive. Oh yes, I also bought some Shalimar hair gel off Amazon. It works nicely for smoothing wispy gray hairs and it smells wonderful, of course.

A half-ounce (about 2/3 full) of vintage Cartier Panthere. I ordered a mini a while ago and fell head over heels for the civet in it, so had to get more.

Quote Originally Posted by foxbins View Post
    A half-ounce (about 2/3 full) of vintage Cartier Panthere. I ordered a mini a while ago and fell head over heels for the civet in it, so had to get more.
    Ooooh, this sounds very interesting indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by foxbins View Post
    Oh, my. Lucky buy!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

This isn't a buy but a gift offered by hednic in our "free to a good home" thread. Hard to think of greater joys -- married one day and receiving this untouched utter beauty of a perfume the next. Thanks again, hednic. I'm following your lead today on the men's thread.

BaVPdT.jpg

Wow, three fragrances bought that I've never even heard of: Jeux de Peau, L'OmBre Fauve, and Le Cherche Midi. Must speed up my education! I'm waiting for vintage Cartier Panthere, too, foxbins. So excited!

So, you were able to get it? Very nice scentfan!

Basenotes Plus

Last edited by lpp; 6th February 2014 at 09:58 PM.

Just got word that the bottle of Nasreen I had pre-ordered has arrived from France. (It is a custom Micallef fragrance for Parfumerie Nasreen)

I scored a Dior Dolce Vita solid perfume compact on eBay this morning.

I just received a few samples, including Mouchoir de Monsieur, LIDGE, Bois D'Argent, Tuscan Leather, Musc Kublai Khan, Five O'Clock Au Gingimbre, and Feminite du Bois. In fact, all of the smells arrived in my box at the same time so Jeux de Peau, Antilope Vintage Parfum, Cuir de Russie and Vintage Caron Belladoggia. Quite a day!

I brought ''Knowing'' by Estee Lauder
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

www.aafke-art.com

for swap/sale:

Congrats to all on those lovely purchases. Hedonist, yours is especially nice!

Thank you danieq

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Thank you danieq
    Wonderful purchases, hedonist. I think my next one will be the new Dior Cuir.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Thanks Primrose.

I'm excited to try it as well.

for swap/sale:

The leftmost one is Wode (Scent not paint) Boudicca

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by danieq View Post
    Ooooh, this sounds very interesting indeed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Oh, my. Lucky buy!
    The Cartier Panthere arrived and it is just wonderful. I spent most of yesterday snuffling my wrists. I was so lucky--the seller did not really know what a gem it is and priced it really low.

I've just put in an order with STC since they have a nice little discount for a few more animalics on my test list. A dear BNer is sending me some of those I'd wanted to try and so I'm adding a few others that aren't animalic, but which I wanted a full experience of as well.

Here is my little list:

1 x Serge Lutens Boxeuses .
    (Size: 2 ml Glass Spray)
    1 x Serge Lutens El Attarine
    1 x Lorenzo Villoresi Teint de Neige
    (Sample Size: 2 ml Glass Spray)
    1 x Parfumerie Generale Iris Oriental (Formerly Iris Taizo)
    1 x Parfumerie Generale L'Ombre Fauve
    1 x Serge Lutens Fumerie Turque
    1 x Guerlain Apres L'Ondee EDT
    (Sample Size: 3 ml Glass Spray)
    1 x Balmain Ambre Gris
    1 x Miller Harris L'air de Rien
    1 x AbdesSalaam Attar (profumo.it) SCENTS OF THE SOUL - Venezia, Giardini Segreti - Italian Series
    (Size: 1 ml Glass Sample Vial)

Looking forward to the sniff-fest, to quote a certain sniffer around here.

Basenotes Plus

L'Afro - O'Driu - so looking forward to this arriving

Had the single girl Friday night blues last night and ordered my Valentines Day present to myself.

ErinK, well done! Nobody could have chosen better!!!!

I ordered vintage Amazone by Hermès, should arrive today!
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

www.aafke-art.com

Just won on ebay brand new for £16.99

Yohji Yamamoto Yohji by Yohji Yamamoto Eau de Toilette 30ml
    DONNA

Oh, *excellent* purchase Erin, and a very wise decision! The edp can be hard to find in the states, so it's good that you grabbed a big ol' bottle while it's available as a limited edition. Hm ...that might be a good idea for me, too.

Thanks, Evangeline! I have wanted a big ol' bottle of No. 19 for a while now and decided there was no time like the present. It being a limited edition sort of clinched the deal. Good marketing, Chanel. Clearly, E, you are as good a justifier as I am.

Is de EdP difficult to get here? Maybe I need to get another bottle when I'm back in the Netherlands?
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

www.aafke-art.com

Wow, I need to check here more often. Lovely purchases everyone.

ErinK LOVE, No.19 is such a sentimental favourite for me.

Hedonist enjoy the Puredistance M.

Scentfan BaV now you can go for the trifecta.

Danieq would love your take on the Bellodgia, I was gifted the vintage EdC a few weeks ago.

I have on it's way some new old stock of Après L'Ondee. Had to wait to find an older bottle.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Froufrou, the edp is available directly from Chanel right now as a limited edition; most elsewhere (department stores, etc), it is only available as edt.

Thanks, Xscent, No. 19 has become one of my most loved fragrances, thanks to the lovely cello who months ago sent me my first sniff of No. 19 (and vintage at that, and oh, it was divine). It makes me so happy to know it is a sentimental favorite of yours.
    Last edited by ErinK; 9th February 2014 at 01:23 AM.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller

Limited edition Chanel 19, Erink? I'm not going to buy it ... I'm not, I'm not! ... Okay, I did!
    Xscent, the BaV completes the trifecta for me!

Back to meditative weekend (in a cloud of En Avion)

Thanks & congratulations xscent.
    Is it a pre-2005 bottle?

for swap/sale:

I went to the Chanel webshop, but it looks exactly as the #19 EdP I have, what's different about the limited edition?
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

www.aafke-art.com

Thanks & congratulations xscent.
    Is it a pre-2005 bottle?
    Hendonist - I think so it's in the old gold and black box still in cellophane. I forgot to ask about the batch code got soooo excited when I found it. Will check batch codes when it gets here.

We are such nerds.....
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

www.aafke-art.com

Quote Originally Posted by Xscent View Post
    Hendonist - I think so it's in the old gold and black box still in cellophane. I forgot to ask about the batch code got soooo excited when I found it. Will check batch codes when it gets here.
    Quote Originally Posted by FrouFrou View Post
    We are such nerds.....
    Xscent, I think thats old enough & yes Froufrou, we really are .

for swap/sale:

I received decants of Daim Blond, Theo Fennell Scent, and Cuir de Lancome on Friday evening. As I was heading out for a date and a dance party, I was concerned about trying anything new. The next morning, I woke up with sinus congestion. I am waiting impatiently for a chance to actually sniff my new goodies!

Xscent, I think thats old enough & yes Froufrou, we really are .
    Frou Frou aren’t we just? Thanks for confirming Hedonist.

Kate, I ended up ordering a decant of your Theo Fennell too. Still awaiting the arrival. I will let you know what I think of it!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

My Sales Thread - A Collection Purge

Xscent, I will do a proper review of that Caron asap!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

My Sales Thread - A Collection Purge

The solid Dolce Vita arrived yesterday. It's not very strong but I put a little DV extrait on top of it and the combination was fantastic. I could still smell it when I woke up this morning.

I'm making a couple blind purchases today: Phaedon Rue Des Lilas and Rivka Zoha Atura Musk oil.

Blog Entries

Check out my Valentines Day gift to myself.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well done Kumquat!
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

www.aafke-art.com

Basenotes Plus

Yes, well done, kumquat.

My parcel was opened by Border Control (why not Customs & Excise?) for some reason but survived unscathed.

I haven't liked cumin before but the guy's a genius at blending his compositions and has managed to make it very classy - respect.
    It even has an MSDS sheet....

Can't wait to check out the samples.
    IMG_2027.jpg
    IMG_2028.jpg IMG_2029.jpg IMG_2030.jpg
    Last edited by lpp; 12th February 2014 at 12:08 AM.

Congrats Kumquat!

lpp, is that a limited edition or how does o'Driu work?

Last time I was on his page he only had Peety & Eva Kant for sale. I'd wondered where all the other stuff went.

for swap/sale: