Code of Conduct

Default Wedding Day Scents

As some of you know from an earlier post, hubby and I (married 24 years), got divorced 3 years ago, but it didn't take. We spent our life Skyping at night, like kids. Last October we got a marriage license but let it lapse, due to icy feet.

However, as of yesterday, I'm able to report what perfume I'd wear on my wedding day.

WeddingScent.jpg

That's the new wedding ring. And here's a pic of the bouquet, now vased. I wrapped the stems in blue ribbon for my "something blue."

WeddingBouquet.jpg

I can't thank BN enough for leading me to some of the world's great perfumes, L'heure Bleue being the latest adored arrival (and my "something new"). It's so divine, I can't wait to sniff the vintage.

What scent would/did you wear on your wedding day?

Default Re: Wedding Day Scents

Best wishes to you and your husband! The perfume, flowers, and wedding band are lovely, Scentfan. Your sofa/chair, whatever that upholstered piece of furniture is, looks good, too. I like the color combination.

Blog Entries

Congratulations ScentFan, both on your happy news & on your great choice of scent! May you enjoy many wonderful years together.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Congratulations!

Millesime Imperial

Banned
    Blog Entries

Congrats!!

Congratulations and Best Wishes ScentFan!

(3820)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

ScentFan! What wonderful news! I wore White Shoulders at my wedding.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

That is so sweet, congratulations! I have yet to try that Guerlain but I am sure it smells great.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Congratulations! I wore L'HB too.

Congrats, ScentFan! It is so nice to see something so wonderful happening in someone's life. Thank you for sharing!!

If I got married tomorrow, I would be likely to go with Iris Poudre, my big girl iris, or perhaps sweet, lovely En Passant. Or maybe the timeless Chanel No. 5. Or maybe my old faithful, my beloved Infusion d'Iris. In other words, good thing I'm not getting married tomorrow.

Best wishes for round two, ScentFan, lol! I'm sure whichever perfume you choose will be absolutely perfect!

I feel like I've told this story a dozen times, but I don't mind mentioning it again, hehe. I was married just over three years ago last November, at twilight, in a beautiful courtyard here in the French Quarter, and I was wearing Chanel Coco, the same drops of vintage parfum (plus my usual flourish of edp) I was wearing when I met Tony, the hubs, ten years earlier. I was also wearing Coco the night he proposed, so although there were a few other wedding perfumes I might have considered, nothing else felt right - I *had* to be in Coco to marry him.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Congrats Scentfan!!

for swap/sale:

Great story Scentfan! Lovely flowers and perfume!

I wore vintage Chantilly with my 50's weddinggown. I made it myself and had sewn a blue ribbon inside and a silver coin.
    ''Do unto others 20% better than you'd expect them to do unto you to correct for subjective error.''
    (Linus Pauling)

www.aafke-art.com

happy is the bleu heart<3

Best wishes, ScentFan!

I don't remember what I wore on my wedding day. It possibly could have been Heaven Sent or the 70's version of Replique. I wore both of those back then, along with a few others ... Holy cow! that was a long time ago!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

((ScentFan)) very big congratulations, you know I was cheering for this to happen from your first few postings! You smell wonderful.

I think now it would have to be something chosen together that features my favourite notes maybe even something custom made. It would be fun exploring the options.

What did your fella wear? Was it the Acqua Di Parma Oud?
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

great choice with your flower and perfume! congratulations!

Basenotes Plus

ScentFan, wishing you both every happiness!

When we married in March1982 I wore Private Collection. If we were to do it now I would have to put aside my current addiction to vintage Shalimar in favor of Perfect Veil, my husband's absolute favorite on me.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

queen of the universe

Smile Re: Wedding Day Scents

Congratulations to you and hubby, ScentFan! LHB sounds perfect, especially somehow for a re-union. It is tender and quiet, a whisper between two beloveds.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Congratulations! I think it is awesome your hearts found their way back to each other. ♥

Heartfelt thanks to all for your good wishes. I'm still full of joy, not least because of the near-miraculous way the universe told we two doubting Thomases to remarry -- an intervention from heaven delivered via our late parents in dream and mind-blowing coincidence.

That's a chair and ottoman, Curly 11. Glad you like it. Belated congratulations, Evangeline, IMO, romantic stories can't be told too many times (this from an EE who tapes and rewatches tearful TV dating/wedding dress/wedding shows. In fact, it's possible I've watched the last episode of Secret Princes more than 10 times -- hope Lorenzo and Rosemary make it). FrouFrou how special to wear a gown you made yourself! shadesofblue, to me the 70s feel like they were five minutes ago! ErinK, I actually thought about wearing En Passant, but then L'heure Bleue arrived and I was sunk. Thanks for pulling for us, Xscent. By chance he wore your Australian designer Naomi Goodsir's Bois d'Ascèse. If you ever have a custom scent made for your wedding, you do know I'm going to shamelessly beg for a 1/4 ml sample!

Thanks for sharing your wedding scents. Addict that I am, all related wedding stories are extremely welcome in this thread.
    Last edited by ScentFan; 5th February 2014 at 07:07 PM.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

"I've been everywhere but the electric chair seen everything but the wind."..

Congratulations, ScentFan!!!I, too, wore L'Heure Bleue on my wedding day, and had a bouquet of red roses (wrapped in green ribbon to blend with the stems).And like you, Evangeline, had an outdoor twilight wedding, and L'Heure Bleue is what I wore when I met my husband.p.s. Is anyone else having difficulty posting today...?
    Last edited by turquoisewater; 5th February 2014 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisewater View Post
    Congratulations, ScentFan!!!I, too, wore L'Heure Bleue on my wedding day, and had a bouquet of red roses (wrapped in green ribbon to blend with the stems).And like you, Evangeline, had an outdoor twilight wedding, and L'Heure Bleue is what I wore when I met my husband.p.s. Is anyone else having difficulty posting today...?
    Thanks, turquoisewater! Perfumistas who marry alike, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrnybluesman View Post
    Hubby and I so appreciated this beautiful song! Is that you singing?

That song is by one of my favorite guitarists Mark Knopfler. Laughing...If I actually sing people have a tendency to run screaming from the room. If I just play my guitar things work out much better. The expression "shut up and play your guitar" was made for me.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

"I've been everywhere but the electric chair seen everything but the wind."..

Bois d’Ascèse! that makes me soooo happy. Those two scents would have been magic together. I will send you a big flacon, there is an artisan glasswork near me that makes the most stunning Chihuly inspired bottles. To be honest as much as I enjoy the pomp and ceremony of a wedding, a familiar hand and a smile with a future in it is all I need.
    Last edited by Xscent; 7th February 2014 at 02:06 PM.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Quote Originally Posted by Xscent View Post
    Bois d’Ascèse! that makes me soooo happy. Those two scents would have been magic together. I will send you a big flacon, there is an artisan glasswork near me that makes the most stunning Chihuly inspired bottles. To be honest as much as I enjoy the pomp and ceremony of a wedding, a familiar hand and a smile with a future in it is all I need.
    Hubby and I share a new passion for BdA. A flacon? You're a doll. Don't go to any trouble. I'd say don't send anything, except I've long learned that giving blesses the giver (must be the reap what you sow thing). Have to restrain myself from giving things to strangers, I enjoy other people's joy so much. Almost scared a sweet girl silly doing that when she mentioned she had no dress. She told the wrong person! She's got one now. No pomp and ceremony for us this time, no honeymoon (yet, anyway). We were so scared, we had to get it over with before we changed our minds again. Such a beautiful line: a "familiar hand and a smile with a future in it is all I need," but I have a feeling pomp and ceremony might just be in your future, too, Xscent!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrnybluesman View Post
    That song is by one of my favorite guitarists Mark Knopfler. Laughing...If I actually sing people have a tendency to run screaming from the room. If I just play my guitar things work out much better. The expression "shut up and play your guitar" was made for me.
    We're really into guitars. Hubby makes them for fun. I love listening to them. Can't play, but I sing little bit. Will look up your Mark Knopfler. He's good. Thanks again.

I was surprised to see images of the West Pier in the video! It breaks my heart that it was destroyed....
    ''Do unto others 20% better than you'd expect them to do unto you to correct for subjective error.''
    (Linus Pauling)

www.aafke-art.com

Oh! Such a lovely story Scentfan. I'm so glad you two are reunited. My hubby and I celebrate 22 years this May and I couldn't be happier being married to my sweet man. It's been so long now that I have no idea what I might have worn, perhaps Ungaro Diva, as that was a favorite at the time if memory serves. However, if I had it to do again, I very well might match your scent, L'Heure Bleue as it's become a favorite recently, keeps me from wearing other things some of the time.

At any rate, I do wish you many more years of enjoying one another.

I recall some time ago, I sent a nice decant to a BNer (a young man) of the Jicky EDP, which was hard to come by in the U.S.

He was delighted and wore it to his wedding. It made me happy to be able to have him wear something he enjoyed and for him to have his bride have a happy memory of her perfumed groom.

We can look back on our weddings and have happy memories.
    Last edited by Primrose; 7th February 2014 at 10:01 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Basenotes Plus

Big Congratulations, ScentFan!! L'Heure Bleue is a lovely choice - do let us know if you can find a vintage bottle of that, and report how it stacks up to your "something new." Hey, maybe this would make for both "something old" AND "something new"!!

Quote Originally Posted by remik View Post
    Big Congratulations, ScentFan!! L'Heure Bleue is a lovely choice - do let us know if you can find a vintage bottle of that, and report how it stacks up to your "something new." Hey, maybe this would make for both "something old" AND "something new"!!
    Thanks, remik. Fingers crossed I find one. When I do, I'll let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    I recall some time ago, I sent a nice decant to a BNer (a young man) of the Jicky EDP, which was hard to come by in the U.S.

He was delighted and wore it to his wedding. It made me happy to be able to have him wear something he enjoyed and for him to have his bride have a happy memory of her perfumed groom.

We can look back on our weddings and have happy memories.
    One gesture and three people were made happy! What a nice story.

Quote Originally Posted by danieq View Post
    Oh! Such a lovely story Scentfan. I'm so glad you two are reunited. My hubby and I celebrate 22 years this May and I couldn't be happier being married to my sweet man. It's been so long now that I have no idea what I might have worn, perhaps Ungaro Diva, as that was a favorite at the time if memory serves. However, if I had it to do again, I very well might match your scent, L'Heure Bleue as it's become a favorite recently, keeps me from wearing other things some of the time.

At any rate, I do wish you many more years of enjoying one another.
    Thanks, danieq. Still must reduce our two households to one, but we're reunited in spirit and all smiles as we figure it out. Yes, LhB is so appealing. I've wanted to wear it multiple times. Look forward to finishing my sniffs so I can go back to wearing a favorite scent every day instead of reserving my skin for testing samples!

Blog Entries

That's great! Best wishes to you both. I think I wore 'Rive Gauche' that's pretty much all I wore back in those days.