Code of Conduct

Default new here looking for advice on gormand

started by looking into niece Cologne but it seems like most of the high End stuff is unisex do not want to smell anything like a woman No sdv or noir de noir I just want a chocolate and or vanilla seductive scent that's not fem don't like amen or Rocha's man I am thinking about sampling tabacco vanille other than that I don't know?

Default just starting to get into fragrance looking for a nice gormond maybe niche not anything unisex

thinking about sampling Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille other than that most everything is unisex I'm not saying I need a real manly scent but I just want to make sure I don't smell like a woman something chocolatey or vanilla maybe something that smells kinda like a butterscotch candy also anybody know some good places I can buy stuff online for a good price someplace trusted that sells authentic stuff

Default where can i buy authentic fragrances online for cheap

Blends like Tom for private Blends new to fragrance looking for first niche and maybe a gormond moca or vanilla type event nothing femanie or uni thou if u guys have suggestions

Default Re: where can i buy authentic fragrances online for cheap

Well Fragrancenet and FragranceX are well known for discounts on some bigger houses. In all honesty though, you just have to shop around to find a good deal. Pretty much every place has the same price for a fragrance, but you save money if you can get % discounts.

Aside from the two already mentioned, Parfum1 offers many niche brands and some good deals when coupled with their 20% discount.

(3822)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: just starting to get into fragrance looking for a nice gormond maybe niche not anything unisex

A couple recommendations:

Ore by Slumberhouse

Aomassai by Parfumerie Generale

For these I would recommend getting them from Luckyscent, or you can buy Ore directly from the Slumberhouse website.

Default Re: just starting to get into fragrance looking for a nice gormond maybe niche not anything unisex

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Aomassai by Parfumerie Generale
    This is an excellent choice.

(3825)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: new here looking for advice on gormand

Maybe LIDGE by Guerlain or Vanille Absolue by La Maison de La Vanille

(3826)

Another +1 for PG's Aomassai. It's the my #2 favorite gourmand. Toasted hazelnut, coffee, and caramel.

#1 for me though, is Sebastiane Espresso Royale. It's like a chai latte mixed with a strong shot of espresso with chocolate/caramel sauce and a side of coffee cake. Absolutely gorgeous.

Another is the classic New Haarlem which is nice, but I don't think it is outstanding.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Lilydirect
    a few splits on Tom Ford's on Ebay

Banned
    Blog Entries

Chocolate and vanilla are sweet so as you mentioned..
    Most gourmand's appeal to most genders..
    You might wanna check out Givenchy Very Irresistable..
    It's very under the radar and great..

Also Givenchy Xeryus Rogue

Banned
    Blog Entries

Another for Givenchy, but I'd go with Play Intense.

Tobacco vanille is very nice, but I wouldn't call it traditionally masculine. IMHO it's unisex. L'Artisan Mechant Loup is a nice honeyed cedar and hazelnut gourmand that I think you might like.

Caron pour un homme is lavender and vanilla, not exactly gourmand, but vanillic. And the name should reassure you about the intended wearer.

I also find A*men chocolatey. There's the regular A*men, or its Pure Malt version, which is more gourmand.

cacio

Thanks, Tony!

Merging threads as there appear to be two duplications going.

Quote Originally Posted by drewtx View Post
    thinking about sampling Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille other than that most everything is unisex I'm not saying I need a real manly scent but I just want to make sure I don't smell like a woman
    I'd be more concerned about smelling like a Glade PlugIn.

Quote Originally Posted by drewtx View Post
    thinking about sampling Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille other than that most everything is unisex I'm not saying I need a real manly scent but I just want to make sure I don't smell like a woman..........
    Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    I'd be more concerned about smelling like a Glade PlugIn.

+1 ! The thing is a candle at best.
    Last edited by pluran; 5th February 2014 at 08:51 AM.

givenchy play intense - yummy
    thiery mugler amen - intoxicating overdose
    paco rabanne 1 million - sweet

Quote Originally Posted by Willanhanyard View Post

Another is the classic New Haarlem which is nice, but I don't think it is outstanding.
    Agree, it's OK but nothing special.

(3840)

PM by TM (designer ) and Fusion Sacree For Him by Majda Bekkali(Niche).
    Last edited by magnus611; 5th February 2014 at 02:22 PM.
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Blog Entries

Another vote for Givenchy Play Intense. I'd also add A*Men Pure Havane, if you consider that a gourmand. Really nice scent, and a compliment-getter.

For something niche, I'd go for Frapin 1270.... loving that nutty accord with the sweetness.

New Haarlem is a good one you may want to check out.

You may want to give LIDGE a try. Rough, bitter cacao. Not unisex IMO.

Endymion by Penhaligons may also be worth testing

Basenotes Member

(No BS at all) if you want a masculine SERIOUSLY underrated gourmand frag. Legend by MJ, seriously high end cheapie

i am with buysblind and cacio suggestions:
    aomassai, ore, a'man,
    but here is mine - bois farine
    offsite sales: http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=301

current top 4 houses, random order: Vero Profumo, Slumberhouse, MFK, Roja Dove

favourite categories: oriental semi-gourmands, ouds, vetivers