Code of Conduct

Default A bad bottle of Bois d'Encens ?

I bought a while ago a bottle of BdE , it was my fourth one , the other three were the old wooden 50ml size , and this is the new glass bottle and larger size. It sat unopened in the cupboard for several months as I under estimated how much was left in the wood bottle , just started it today and what a shock , the smokey warm wood incense notes have gone , and now have an alarming rush of pepper and strong turpentine/chemical like note , enough to make your eyes water ! Has anyone else had this experience or know if it has been reformulated in any way since the bottle size was increased . It was from a top department store so it is definitely genuine , I realise the change in bottles happened a few years ago but the testers still smell alright as I remember , I would be really interested in hearing everyone's thoughts !

Default Re: A bad bottle of Bois d'Encens ?

I have one of the newer 100ml glass bottles and it definitely has that wonderful incensy wood sensation at least to my nose. I'm not familiar with the older 50ml wood bottle so I can't make a comparison and judge. Haven't read or heard about any reformulation of this scent.

(3827)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Blog Entries

I think it's a perception issue. I have that kind of thing with very spicy fragrances. Sometimes they really smell different, depending on the state of my nose.

I'll give it a try the next time I see it.

for swap/sale:

The very first spritzes of a bottle can be off, I think there was a thread on this very recently.
    so give some more tries before declaring it lost.

cacio

Thanks for the replies , I will try it some more and see how it settles , but if this was what I had smelt for the first time I would have never bought it . Will go to the GA counter and try their sample bottles too for comparison , fingers crossed I will be okay as you all know it is a big spend ! More upset as it was one of my favourites and thought it might be lost forever !