Code of Conduct

Default S.O.T.D. - Wednesday, 5 February, 2014.

Hi everyone - have a lovely day!

Slumberhouse - Ore.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Wednesday, 5 February, 2014.

Good morning all !. Terry / teardrop, I detect a definite hint of Samsara in Creed Millesime 1849 - I'd be very interested to hear your impressions if you can get hold of a sample.

SotD is PDN New York.

Get well soon, Betsy.

A big congratulations to ScentFan on her recent nuptials . This morning writing was for you m’dear lines from 'If you forget me' by Pablo Neruda penned in the crimson perfection of mojimi ink.

Get better soon Besty, sending you some virtual chicken soup.

Saminlondon Nutella never goes past its use by date at my place. A dusting of sugar and splash of Grand Marnier is perfect.

Mike best of luck on your date, not that you need it given we all know he’s the lucky one.

Tdem thank you for the snow offer, I’ll be out front making snow angles.

Larmiar you are a sweet enabler (evidence of your influence in my SotE). As for Coup de Fouet, I’m familiar with the Hermés Mousseline GM of the same name, but I’m assuming you are referring to the Caron. The translation of the name sounds promising.

Kalli the Bellodgia EdC strikes the right balance for me, it’s not too rosy and lasts a good while.

ErinK your novice noise is very good. Maybe Mr Turin is getting a leather note from the styrax in the Arpege, it’s quite a distinct note present in Cuir de Russie, Cuir Mauresque and the like. I also was thinking Apres L’ondee (heliotrope, anise, iris) might a good one to start your foray into the House of Guerlain. When you get to Oz (and you will) I’ll zip you down to Cape Lodge (see below), the wineries, food and scenery are pretty spectacular and we can stuff ourselves at the chocolate factory too.

Have I covered everyone? Une Fleur de Cassie today which plays out beautifully in the heat. Splashes of La Myrrhe this evening along with the last of the cherries for the season. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Last edited by Xscent; 5th February 2014 at 10:59 AM.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Chanel Égoïste Cologne Concentrée.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Good morning all!

Spring is in the air - I'm capturing the sun rays with a sample of

MDCI Paris - Un Cœur en Mai

Thumbs up Re: S.O.T.D. - Wednesday, 5 February, 2014.

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone, Shalimar for me.

Get well soon Betsy and take care, all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Hello all,
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, vintage EDT

Good day,
    A ghastly icy wind here... but the weather forecast is promising for the days to come.
    Xscent, you MUST try the Caron! Better than the current Poivre! It comes in the Pour un Homme bottle and is only available from Caron. People frequently report it was discontinued, which is not true. Caron is hiding it.
    Sous le Vent... lots of!
    Best to all

Larimar you are a sweetheart. I'll be in Paris this June and will definitely seek it out. Caron is high on my hit list since I don't have ready access close to home. I take it Coup de Fouet is quite a different from the current Poivre?

Xscent, Coup de Fouet is not terribly different from Poivre, but the other is thicker, more cinnamon-y, sweeter than the EdT Coup de Fouet. You want it harsh, in your face. Also, spray it - make an exception! You want the full effect.
    Don't forget to sniff Acaciosa as it is quietly fading out (raw material unavailable).
    Ooooh Paris, I am so envious!

Blog Entries

*Waves* to tdem, my Nor'easter buddy!
    Hubby wisely decided to stay home today-- I actually urged him to even though his employer didn't close down. It's been snowing like mad for hours (10" expected here) , and with all the ice that's coming midday, no one should be on the roads who doesn't absolutely have to be. I just hope we don't lose power.

SOTD to be chosen later.

Hello folks!

Plenty of Jicky PdT today
    Sunshine and showers in Paris today. Mainly the latter at the moment, but we live in hope.

Have a good day, all.

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    Xscent, Coup de Fouet is not terribly different from Poivre, but the other is thicker, more cinnamon-y, sweeter than the EdT Coup de Fouet. You want it harsh, in your face. Also, spray it - make an exception! You want the full effect.
    Don't forget to sniff Acaciosa as it is quietly fading out (raw material unavailable).
    Ooooh Paris, I am so envious!
    Spray? This one must be special. I'll be sure to follow your instructions to the letter. Goodness knows what I'm going to smell like once I leave that store. Paris is likely become an annual pilgrimage for me so I'll get to restock at least once a year.

Roses you weather sounds diabolical, take care out there.

Afternoon All,

Take care, all those facing inclement weather.
    Mike - are you going to kiss-and-tell ? Hope in any case you had a fun date.
    Here it is pouring with rain and there's a 2 day tube strike on (with the same slated for next week). The only upside is there's (another, unconnected) strike at my workplace tomorrow, so I can work from home.
    L'Heure Fougueuse today.
    Best to everyone.

Good morning, everyone -

I'm in vintage 80s Ivoire (hi Erin! ) for my first day back to ballet and barre in what feels like a *very* long time ...I hope I can keep up!

Y'all have a great day!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    Xscent, Coup de Fouet is not terribly different from Poivre, but the other is thicker, more cinnamon-y, sweeter than the EdT Coup de Fouet. You want it harsh, in your face.
    Hmmm, how has this one passed me by? I'm very familiar with that game where French SAs try to stop you from buying things you want, but Coup de Fouet had completely failed to register. I guess that makes two of us heading down to Avenue Montaigne!

Hello all. Lyn Harris La Poudree.
    DONNA

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Sampling Diptyque L'Eau de L'Eau this morning
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Blue Aoud by Mancera

(3847)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by saminlondon View Post
    Hmmm, how has this one passed me by? I'm very familiar with that game where French SAs try to stop you from buying things you want, but Coup de Fouet had completely failed to register. I guess that makes two of us heading down to Avenue Montaigne!
    Do report back please!

queen of the universe

Wore SL Sarrasins to bed last night for it's comforting warmth. Going thru some sadness here. It will pass.

Today, inspired by dear Larimar, who introduced me to this and other Carons, I will counter winter once again (and my own blues) with bright and beautiful Acaciosa. Hearing that Acaciosa is on the Endangered Perfumes List, I'll hew to my new tack, not to hoard but to enjoy lavishly to the last drop.

P1030789.jpg
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Morning!

Evangeline, why, don't you smell lovely! Good luck in your classes today - I am sure you will do just fine!

Thank you for the suggestion, Xscent, I will put Apres L'Ondee on my to sniff list. It sounds like something I might like! And a big "Yes, please" on Cape Lodge and the chocolate factory - looks and sounds divine. Oh, and I love the photo of La Myrrhe with those big ripe cherries and your Chanels on the side. Beautiful pic. I love the way you arranged everything.

30 Roses, I just got a chill just thinking of your 10 inches of snow and ice. Please stay warm and snuggly inside and watch some good TV!

I'm in By Kilian Prelude to Love, which is maybe the happiest scent I own.

autochrome: Granada, Spain, 1929

Good morning. Was in a "and now, for something completely different" sort of mood so DSH Rubaiyat. It's only 10AM here and it's already fading though. Will probably add some Tabac Aurea as this would mix well I think. The Rubiyat doesn't smell like I think the book would....I guess I'd expect it to smell like a loaf of bread and a jug of wine.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

I should bookmark the following post. If I ever need to explain (to "civilians") how, every single day, a scent-of-the-day thread in a perfume forum could possibly have any worth to anyone, I could show them the following single example demonstrating across-the-globe good tidings, support, education, and the exultation of beautiful things (whether in the form of music, landscapes, inventions, food and drink, fashion, or cherished relationships) played out within the context of the invisible and too often ignored world of scent through which we have learned a language to describe ingredients, processes, and notes so that we communicate as a group so intimately as to form bonds others would envy for their rewards of pleasure and enrichment--and always with tenderness and good humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Xscent View Post
    A big congratulations to ScentFan on her recent nuptials . This morning writing was for you m’dear lines from 'If you forget me' by Pablo Neruda penned in the crimson perfection of mojimi ink.

Get better soon Besty, sending you some virtual chicken soup.

Saminlondon Nutella never goes past its use by date at my place. A dusting of sugar and splash of Grand Marnier is perfect.

Mike best of luck on your date, not that you need it given we all know he’s the lucky one.

Tdem thank you for the snow offer, I’ll be out front making snow angles.

Larmiar you are a sweet enabler (evidence of your influence in my SotE). As for Coup de Fouet, I’m familiar with the Hermés Mousseline GM of the same name, but I’m assuming you are referring to the Caron. The translation of the name sounds promising.

Kalli the Bellodgia EdC strikes the right balance for me, it’s not too rosy and lasts a good while.

ErinK your novice noise is very good. Maybe Mr Turin is getting a leather note from the styrax in the Arpege, it’s quite a distinct note present in Cuir de Russie, Cuir Mauresque and the like. I also was thinking Apres L’ondee (heliotrope, anise, iris) might a good one to start your foray into the House of Guerlain. When you get to Oz (and you will) I’ll zip you down to Cape Lodge (see below), the wineries, food and scenery are pretty spectacular and we can stuff ourselves at the chocolate factory too.

Have I covered everyone? Une Fleur de Cassie today which plays out beautifully in the heat. Splashes of La Myrrhe this evening along with the last of the cherries for the season. Have a wonderful day everyone.

In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

(((jujy))) Hate to hear that you are blue and I hope it passes soon. I have never smelled Acaciosa, but from what I have read it is phenomenally beautiful so enjoy it for me, too.

Blog Entries

SotD - Coromandel by Chanel (from a sample)

Oh!!!!! If I "go advanced" I can post!!!! The box is not greyed out!!!! Oh, how I have missed you guys!

ErinK, loved your fragrance from the other day (Iris Poudre) and you smelled great. That one has fallen off of my SOTD choice for far too long, cause I love it. I think I ODd on it and had to take a break.

Mike, hope your date was fun and glad to see you getting back in the mix. I should just read all of your posts and follow suite Gym, postive attitude, handling adversity etc. You are inspiring me!

I am wearing Roberto Cavalli Oro, same as I did yesterday. I've been loving this one lately.

Twolf, I will be in Prague in July, but only for a couple of days. But I read your post of several weeks ago and am doing my research for places to see and things to do, if only for a short visit.

XScent, the SL is nice, but LOVE LOVE that little line up of Chanel parfums But you knew I would say that!

Dior Homme Eau for Men

Quote Originally Posted by saminlondon View Post
    I have never experienced this before with French SAs or any SAs come to think of it. I'm bewildered you have been on the receiving end of such service (or lack of). Thanks for the heads up.

((ErinK)) thank you for the kind words. It was all looking so pretty there on my desk, the shot pretty much arranged itself. Tonight's autochrome is my favourite so far, what an evocative image. A candid moment captured in a palette of earthy colours, beautiful.

Jujy it does pass and ((hugs)) to you too.

((Cello)) we missed you too! I think one of your favourites is in there, the three currently on my desk are Bois des Îles, Cuir de Russie and Gardenia. I really should make an effort and take a family shot of the Excluifs given they are all upstairs in one spot at the moment rather than hidden in the cellar.

Damn, third edit of this posting this time for ((Quarry)), who is always totally worth it. Your posts are one of the ones I look forward to the most. BN is always that bit of good in my day. Now to track down Elizrj.

Topping up my La Myrrhe and (really) heading off to bed. Have a wonderful rest of the day everyone.
    Last edited by Xscent; 5th February 2014 at 03:05 PM. Reason: saying hello to Cello and hugs for Quarry

Default S.O.T.D. - Wednesday, 5 February, 2014.

Good afternoon

SotD is Etro Gomma.

Take care all of you under every kind of weather!
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    Oh!!!!! If I "go advanced" I can post!!!! The box is not greyed out!!!! Oh, how I have missed you guys!

ErinK, loved your fragrance from the other day (Iris Poudre) and you smelled great. That one has fallen off of my SOTD choice for far too long, cause I love it. I think I ODd on it and had to take a break.
    Hurray, you're back! So glad you figured out a way to foil that blasted gray box - you have been missed! I was so happy when I finally figured out a way around it. And you know I thought of you with the Iris Poudre, I know you love it.

Quarry, amen, sister, on your response to Xscent's thoughtful post. You said that so beautifully I nearly teared up. And I couldn't agree with you more.
    Last edited by ErinK; 5th February 2014 at 03:04 PM. Reason: leetle beety typo

Today, I am scent twins with "del" in Coromandel by Chanel.

Wearing Ted Lapidus Silk Way.

Basenotes Institution

JonROdgers - I haven't smelled that Creed yet either. I keep hearing references to Samsara and Poison also. Interesting, how 'huge white florals' are still being released. Question: is the drydown ambergris prominent, like most Creeds?
    Xscent - La Myrrhe and cherries - the combination makes my mouth water
    Larimar - I actually prefer the 'comfier' Poivre, the CdF was a bit too Caron-y to me. You know I'm a Guerlainophile.
    30 Roses - please stay warm & I hope your power stays on. It's humid & hot here, wish I could send some of it to you, in the mail.
    gandhajala - wow you're surrounded by strikes! At least you have a good attitude about it & you're smelling good as always
    Quarry - Amen!

To all who asked, the 'hot date' last night was indeed...hot. (wink, wink). And get this, he loves fragrances too, we spoke about them at length many times throughout the night. A fun time was had by all. I got home around midnight. And that's all the details I'm spilling. lol

One of the threads on the mens discussion board we were discussing Dries Van Noten and it's un-sandalwood character. So this morning Iayered it:

Dries Van Noten by Frederic Malle + Mysore Sandalwood oil by DSH

This combo is fantastic. I only sprayed a tiny bit of the Malle on, so that plasticky note isn't so prominent. And the creamy sandalwood note is peeking out from underneath the cookie dough woodiness. Lovely!
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Hi, everyone!

Mike, I hope your date went wonderfully, but as XScent pointed out, we all know he's the lucky one for getting to see and be seen with you!

Snow day here (waving to Tdem and 30 roses):

Back deck snow.JPG

Hmmmm... Sounds like I need to re-visit Coup de Fouet, since I fell firmly into the Poivre camp when I compared them some years back. No apologies for loving Poivre, however. Cinnamon, carnation and pepper heaven, IMO. (oooo, looks like Mike and I remain scent siblings in this preference.

Since I'm home and can 'play' a bit with my scents, I'm doing a compare and contrast between Roja Dove Fetish and Roja Dove Fetish Pour Homme. What I've found so far is that I prefer the feminine Fetish opening, but as the scents develop, I'm leaning distinctly toward the Pour Homme. Wishing heartily that one or the other jumped out at me as a clear preference, because I can't afford to (start saving to) buy both. Next experiment is to layer them, which will probably send me straight to olfactory heaven and the poor house simultaneously. Argh!

Fetish notes: Bergamot, Jasmine, Rose, Tuberose, Ylang Ylang, Castoreum, Cedarwood, Cinnamon, Clove, Galbanum, Musk, Oakmoss, Patchouli, Vetiver.

Fetish Pour Homme notes: Bergamot, Lemon, Lime, Fig, Jasmine, Neroli, Violet, Ambergris, Benzoin, Cardamom, Castoreum, Cinnamon, Elemi, Labdanum, Leather, Musk, Oakmoss, Patchouli, Pepper, Pink Pepper, Vanilla, Vetiver.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Out of the shower and into Mitsouko edp 2009 edition.

Glad Cello has fought her way back. Wondering when we'll hear from Elizrj, too. Where's Twolf these days? Did I miss news about her being away?

Following through on Frou Frou' s advice--will reengineer bras today to receive replacement underwires. At this age, lift is more important than ever.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Basenotes Institution

"reengineer bras" made me giggle
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

I thought I'd forgotten to put anything on, then I caught a whiff of last night's Bandit lingering on the back of my hand, still going strong.

There's still that mystery note that reminds me of a box of Cheez-its, but I'm starting to come to terms with it

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    JonROdgers - I haven't smelled that Creed yet either. I keep hearing references to Samsara and Poison also. Interesting, how 'huge white florals' are still being released. Question: is the drydown ambergris prominent, like most Creeds?
    Mike, it is a very atypical Creed, with little or no trace of the famous (infamous ?) ambergris. The opening is dominated by a heady ylang-ylang with a soft, non-medicinal oud. The transition into the jasmine / patchouli heart is seamless. The ensuing drydown is less floral and less sandalwood dominant than Samsara (though both are present) with vanilla, musk, and the oud that gently makes it's presence felt throughout. It does tread a fine line between the sexes but still remains perfectly wearable by either, IMHO.

Glad to have you back on a regular basis, cello

(((jujy)))

House twin with Larimar Bacall this evening - L'Instant.

Last edited by JON RODGERS; 5th February 2014 at 07:17 PM.

Histoires de Parfums Tuebereuse Animale today. I decided to play it safe and stay home after the foot of snow we got yesterday.
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

Spicebomb by Viktor & Rolf

Blog Entries

​Caron-
    French Can Can!

Blog Entries

Evening all,

Q, thanks for a wonderful post.

Cello; welcome back!

Mike; glad your date was such a success!

After more spring cleaning today, l'm wearing Tabac Aurea.

Hugs & thoughts to all those under the weather, emotionally or otherwise.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Larimar Bacall is in Vega tonight as it befits a femme fatale au film noir!

bleu autumn haze

Snow finally stopped at 9 inches ... I'm wearing the warm, spicy goodness that is Cinnabar today.

hugs to all (but an extra one for jujy!) ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

((Becky)), I hope you're feeling better soon! That bug of yours doesn't seem to want to let go of you.

((jujy)) That simple but frank acknowledgement of sadness got *me* all choked up. Sometimes even acknowledging it's there is tough, so it seems to me you're already winning a battle. Sending as much strength and comfort as you need/want your way.

ErinK, it's so wonderful having you back. Between you and me getting consistently all teary-eyed and choked up, we're going to flood the place You are going to LOVE L'Eau d'Hiver. I'm getting another decant myself today as I drained my first one with rather unseemly speed. Jon, as usual, your photographic accompaniment to yesterday's LdH was stunning!

((Cello)), so wonderful to see you back, too. And I hope you kick your adversity to the curb as soon as you can. I've sent good thoughts east, now I'll just do a half-twist and send them west to you.

I'm so glad you had fun, Mike. You deserve it.

Speaking of deserving things, I think Xscent deserves at least a week of restful sleep in her own comfy bed, preferably with sheets gently scented with Bois des Iles. And I'm all for you making Paris an annual pilgrimage, my dear. Since my own Paris trip has been moved back another year. Sigh. But I'll get there, dangit. And I will make it a priority.

Count me among those who look forward to the "Quarry flourish." You have a gift, sister!

It's still crazy busy at work, but I'm staying home today due to the snow and sort of half-assing the work from home thing. After my 14-hour day yesterday, I'm taking it easy today.

Yesterday I tested Tam Dao EDP, but I'll need to try it side-by-side with EDT. My sense is that the sandalwood (or cedar wood, depending on whether you're a Tam Dao fan ) in the EDP is deeper. It doesn't feel that much creamier, though. It's like if you applied an HDR filter to the EDT.

Today I'm REALLY enjoying -- again -- Comme des Garcons Zagorsk. I suspect I already know what I'm taking to the spa with me.

Happy hump day, everyone. xxxooo
    Last edited by ExtremeK; 5th February 2014 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xscent View Post
    I have never experienced this before with French SAs or any SAs come to think of it. I'm bewildered you have been on the receiving end of such service (or lack of). Thanks for the heads up.
    OK, maybe I was exaggerating .. slightly Most SAs are charming, but occasionally you think, Aha! That wouldn't happen anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by ErinK View Post
    Evangeline, why, don't you smell lovely! Good luck in your classes today - I am sure you will do just fine!
    Thanks, Erin - they weren't too bad, but I'm sure I'll be a bit sore tomorrow. The dance world has a way of making you pay for three weeks of slacking off.

I'm in the dreamy, creamy, honey-drenched magnolias of L'Instant de Guerlain edp this afternoon ...y'all have a good one!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post
    I'm so glad you had fun, Mike. You deserve it.

Yesterday I tested Tam Dao EDP, but I'll need to try it side-by-side with EDT. My sense is that the sandalwood (or cedar wood, depending on whether you're a Tam Dao fan ) in the EDP is deeper. It doesn't feel that much creamier, though. It's like if you applied an HDR filter to the EDT.
    Thanks!

Yep, Tam Dao EdP is very much richer and I get that subtle whiff of coconut in it also which keeps it very 'tropical' feeling for me. I will be finishing my mini atomizer soon. I am such a sandalwood nut.

-- Eckhart Tolle

I completely forgot to post my scent of today! It's Balmain de Balmain extrait for me!
    I had an exciting day, I made the final choice for my new frame, the lenses have been ordered and the guy told me he would have them ready end of next week! Amazing!!!! My lenses are a challenge and it usually takes three weeks, I am excited!
    Dark tortoise shell, Prada. Should I wear a Prada fragrance with these?
    CAM00019 klein.jpg

Quarry and Xscent, you both write beautifully.
    Good luck with the bra's Quarry!\

Jujy, hope you perk up soon.
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

www.aafke-art.com

Mike, glad your date went well. Your date was a lucky guy!
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

www.aafke-art.com

Froufrou, I love the look in the new glasses! You look tres chic! (you French speakers, did I get that right? I know I missed an accent in there somewhere but I'm in a laptop, can't be bothered coming up with accented e's...) Great choice, I love tortoise shell frames. (That's what mine are, too.) Also, your hair is to die for! What great news that you will be getting them sooner than you expected!

(((ExtremeK))) good to see you too, sister!! I can't wait to finally sniff L'eau d'Hiver: it's been on my radar so long now. I think I still owe you a bit of some iris something or other, I know I dropped off planet earth for a bit but I haven't forgotten you.

Evangeline: ouch, three weeks off from barre, I bet your calves will have something to say about that tomorrow! But I'm sure your body will get right back into the habit in no time and pick up right where it left off.

Mike, can't believe you're holding out on us like this, but I'm so glad you had a good (read: hot) time! Did y'all make plans to see each other again?

I had a nice girls night out: Mexican food, complete with a margarita and a half - oh, how I've blown my diet today. Back on the horse tomorrow.

SOTE is No. 5 edt, of unknown vintage. Ebay purchase, not sure how to date it, but guessing it's 90s. Doesn't really matter, though, it's heaven in a black plastic bottle.
    Last edited by ErinK; 6th February 2014 at 02:12 AM. Reason: few more thangs to say

Many thanks, Xscent! Must look up that poem. You're all smelling beautiful today. As for me, I've sprayed on several in testing mode. Going to wash them all off and retire in ... in ... my sample of FM's Portrait of a Lady. Nite all.

Blog Entries

I'm glad you had a fun date, Mike!

It took the 3 of us several hours to clear the ice-covered snow, even with the snowblower. And more is expected Sunday into Monday, and again possibly next Thursday. Schools are racking up a lot of snow days to be made up in June. But that's Connecticut for you!