Code of Conduct
+ Reply to Thread

Default PLEASE NOTE: Amendment to the Code of Conduct

Please note the addition of the following paragraph. I hope this clarifies our intentions. I welcome any questions via PM if clarification is required.

Many thanks,

Danielle
    Community Manager

Implementation of the Code of Conduct

Sometimes members do not follow the code of conduct. This is occasionally because it has not been understood. That's fine! We all make mistakes, so you will receive a friendly message from a member of the mod team to steer you in the right direction if this happens.

If you continue to break with the code of conduct following an initial discussion, you will be issued with a warning to behave in the manner which your fellow members expect. Three such warnings mean a lifetime ban from the site.

We like to keep things simple and everyone has it in their power to be respectful and mindful. Continued disrespectful behaviour has to be dealt with for the good of the majority. The "three strikes" system is how we will be ensuring the best possible experience for the majority of our membership.

Thank you for taking the time to absorb this information and enjoy Basenotes.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: PLEASE NOTE: Amendment to the Code of Conduct

Thanks for the info., Danielle!

Basenotes Institution

Thanks D!
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Thx Daniel, Btw love them glasses ..look amazing on you
    Last edited by magnus611; 24th February 2014 at 05:29 PM.
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Shockingly on point to the 3 strikes law in California. Dang it off the Supreme Court, uuuhhh Where is the ACLU when you need them.

Totally kidding , just trying. make some members smile or have a good laugh.
    Last edited by "Scentapede"; 24th February 2014 at 07:47 PM.

So...

3 warnings about anything and you're banned? Or 3 warnings pertaining to a particular thing that you're doing and then you get banned?

Let's say I insult a member publicly and get a warning for that.

Then, the next day, I prematurely bump a thread in the marketplace, and get warned for that.

And then, a week later, I post an obvious troll thread, and get a warning for that.

Does that get me banned?

Honestly, I'm just wondering/clarifying.

Thanks.
    "Mama used to bathe me in Youth Dew bath oil."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    So...

3 warnings about anything and you're banned? Or 3 warnings pertaining to a particular thing that you're doing and then you get banned?

Let's say I insult a member publicly and get a warning for that.

Then, the next day, I prematurely bump a thread in the marketplace, and get warned for that.

And then, a week later, I post an obvious troll thread, and get a warning for that.

Does that get me banned?

Honestly, I'm just wondering/clarifying.

Thanks.
    Dani can correct me if I'm wrong, but my impression (and re-reading her message confirms it) is that NOT EVERY communication is a strike. To extend the analogy, there are "balls" as well. We are allowed (from what she's saying here) to approach people in a friendly manner in a thread or by PM, and try to resolve things without going to an out-and-out warning.

To me, a strike is a pretty serious thing. Speaking for myself, I know I won't be giving them out casually or frequently.

+ Reply to Thread