Code of Conduct
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Default Re: Fake Creeds from a very famous online store?

Let's face it. Counterfeiters learn from their mistakes and learn from those "How to spot fake Creed" videos/threads. I doubt they still make Green Fritch Tweed anymore. The most obvious things I'd think they fix are making the sprayers white and ensuring proper detail on the caps and boxes. They got close enough in past years, why not add a few more details to get even closer?

Part of me thinks Creed changes their styling subtly over the years because they know counterfeiters will just catch on more and more. The counterfeiters want to fool everybody, including distributors and reputable discount sites.

IMO, a fragrance is only bottle worthy if you really enjoy it and want it for years to come. In that case, I'd find it much better to just purchase it at an authorized store that has a flexible return policy (should you be unsatisfied with a particular batch, faulty sprayer, ect...). And you get to choice which bottle you get. Online discounters... it's a gamble for quality, condition and/or authenticity, always.

You can always ask to return them! Creed is likely to make changes in packaging and print styles.may vary depending upon the interpretation of the art that gets sent to the new maker or printer of box or labels. I am not surprised to see the amount of variability you pointed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ph8 View Post
    They look ok to me, but I'm no expert. If you feel they are not legit return them. Packaging changes all the time and recently Creeds has (thus a number of is my creed legit threads).

Have you smelled/tested either of them out? Do the smell last as reported?
    I've never smelled them before, was a blind buy, so I cannot compare with a real one. I want to stay with them, but just if they are real ones.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    They look fine to me also. Bottom line as suggested above, if you're not happy, return as your satisfaction is the most important.

(3871)
    I want to stay with them, but I just want to know if they are real, because I've never seen this diferent portraits card and the cap with the red plate that is loose.

Okay, I will make the grand pronouncement here: They are real. You now have the famous Bigsly Stamp of Approval, which impresses the royalty of Europe (or so I've heard). LOL.

I think they are real as well... the only thing strange to me out of all the things you pointed out would be the cellophane on the box.

edit: just looked more closely at that first pic again, and it appears that it's not cellophane, it's just shrink-wrapped. This would make me feel better about it... sometimes this happens so it doesn't get tampered with.

Your bottles are authentic.

Btw, there is a sticky for questions like this.

Any reason why you hid the name of the store until the very end of the post? Who cares about VERY FAMOUS? It'd be smarter to just post the name at the beginning, especially since the post is so long. Many may not scroll through the whole thing. Regardless, the bottles look legit to me. Creed makes fantastic scents, but their quality control for their bottles is poor. The cap on my Aventus fits poorly and the label is a sticker that is peeling. Poor quality control.

...but the scents are FANTASTIC.
    In my swap list: Gucci Pour Homme (2003) BNIB.
    I'm looking for Reflection Man or Andy Warhol (silver bottle w/Andy's face)

My two cents are that they're real. The only thing out of place is the presence of the cellophane. However, I have heard of an online retailer putting cellophane on their Creeds just to make it seem like they're more retail/new. The text discrepancy on the box is a known quality control issue with Creed. I'll see if I can find the Basenotes thread that discusses that and will post it.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Btw, there is a sticky for questions like this.
    But... but... but... it's so hard to find. Maybe the mods could move it to the top of the page where it'd be easier to find. Oh, wait...

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Any reason why you hid the name of the store until the very end of the post? Who cares about VERY FAMOUS? It'd be smarter to just post the name at the beginning, especially since the post is so long. Many may not scroll through the whole thing. Regardless, the bottles look legit to me. Creed makes fantastic scents, but their quality control for their bottles is poor. The cap on my Aventus fits poorly and the label is a sticker that is peeling. Poor quality control.

...but the scents are FANTASTIC.
    This. Couldn't agree more. Poor quality control. I too experience the sticker peel on my Aventus. Also, some of my Creed's caps are super loose, others fit perfectly. No consistency.

btw OP, here's the post I was earlier mentioning regarding the text discrepancy: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/317...ting-BRILLIANT

If you're not happy return them. Shouldn't be an issue. I have talked to the owner before. I asked her why they come with cellophane.
    She told me they do it there to keep dust away, and prevent smudges on the boxes.
    Good luck.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Smell em
    Santal should lasts at least 8 hours and should smell like MBI
    MI fluctuates from person to person.

The quality control is bad because everything is wrapped by hand and there's only about 30 workers. Can you imagine if your job was to wrap bottles all day by hand?

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    The quality control is bad because everything is wrapped by hand and there's only about 30 workers. Can you imagine if your job was to wrap bottles all day by hand?
    NO.

The quality control is bad because Creed accepts the fact that their quality control is bad. Period. No excuses. Not at Creed prices. I adore my Creed juice, but their bottles need work. The bottles are gorgeous but too often flawed. And why are they so often flawed? They're often flawed because no one at Creed has stepped up to say "Creed is better than that, and our customers deserve better than that."

No excuses.

Also, if you honestly believe they're wrapping Aventus bottles by hand with those black stickers, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

Sound Scents

Beauty Encounter is a reputable retailer. Sounds like this is just another case of inconsistent quality control from Creed, nothing more.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

They look fine to me also. Bottom line as suggested above, if you're not happy, return as your satisfaction is the most important.

(3871)
    Please do so, and get it at the boutique and you will sleep better with less Euros in the bank but nevertheless you will sleep better
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

There's a whole sticky thread about Creed variations - we'll merge this thread with the existing one in order to keep the info. in one place.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/371...le-genuine-etc

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    NO.

The quality control is bad because Creed accepts the fact that their quality control is bad. Period. No excuses. Not at Creed prices. I adore my Creed juice, but their bottles need work. The bottles are gorgeous but too often flawed. And why are they so often flawed? They're often flawed because no one at Creed has stepped up to say "Creed is better than that, and our customers deserve better than that."

No excuses.

Also, if you honestly believe they're wrapping Aventus bottles by hand with those black stickers, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

Completely agree, on all points. Poor QC and no QA whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    Nah, the Golden Unicorns that wrap them are like robots really.............

Default Re: Creed Queries - is my bottle genuine?, etc.

^ Erwin assembles and boxes all bottle himself with one hand, and counts the money with the other. He fired everyone shortly after Aventus launched.

Anyone bought MI and/or Aventus recently from Fragrancenet?

Here are bad fakes lol. Hmm, the one in the 2nd link looks all too familiar.

Post #1758 with pics of that bottle that was sent a few posts above.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/267...numbers/page30

Avoid!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Creed-Aventu...16.m2518.l4276

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Creed-Mi...16.m2518.l4276
    Last edited by 1280adam; 8th February 2014 at 12:49 AM.

Thanks guys, I'll stay with the creeds, I didn't know that Creed changes their layout box to difficult the counterfeits.

Basenotes Member

Default Creed Aventus real or fake

Sorry for another Aventus thread. Just got my bottle in the mail. Looked good and smelled as I imagine it would, the only thing is there is no lot number on the bottom of the bottle, only the box. Also, I bought from Lily Direct. Smells good, beginning of the fragrance smells like pineapple and a little smoky wood (kinda combines to smell like a delicious fruity diesel fuel, in a good light way..)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Conrad01; 13th February 2014 at 06:55 PM.

Default Re: Creed Aventus real or fake

We'll merge it with the existing Creed Queries thread....

Default Re: Creed Aventus real or fake

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    There is already a dedicated sticky for questions like this.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/371...le-genuine-etc
    That was fast

Basenotes Member

Sorry for another Aventus thread. Just got my bottle in the mail. Looked good and smelled as I imagine it would, the only thing is there is no lot number on the bottom of the bottle, only the box. Also, I bought from Lily Direct. Smells good, beginning of the fragrance smells like pineapple and a little smoky wood (kinda combines to smell like a delicious fruity diesel fuel, in a good light way..)

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad01 View Post
    Stand the bottle up and look on the lip at the bottom. Like this...

This is a tester I had, but most lot numbers are clear are are etched into the glass.

Basenotes Member

Yes, it's there and matches!

Yes, it's there and matches!
    Not surprised, if you bought it from Lily Direct its the real deal.

Default New 2013 Aventus Bottle - some observations

So I just picked up a new 2013 4oz bottle of Aventus as my first bottle was really low. The first thing I noticed was the bottle seems to be a lot better, i.e. the sticker isn't peeling, the logo doesn't flake, and the cap has a nice snug to it. I haven't had a full wearing, but the juice seems a lot smoother than my 2011 batch. It could be that my 2011 bottle aged over time, not sure. Overall I think I'm going to really love it.

Default Re: New 2013 Aventus Bottle - some observations

It's a great scent. Enjoy it!

(4190)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

We'll merge this with the Creed sticky for future reference.

Basenotes Member

Just sayin, but my 30ml bottle has a silver sticker on the front

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Smellin.Good View Post
    So I just picked up a new 2013 4oz bottle of Aventus as my first bottle was really low. The first thing I noticed was the bottle seems to be a lot better, i.e. the sticker isn't peeling, the logo doesn't flake, and the cap has a nice snug to it. I haven't had a full wearing, but the juice seems a lot smoother than my 2011 batch. It could be that my 2011 bottle aged over time, not sure. Overall I think I'm going to really love it.
    I haven't really gotten a confirmation on whether it is real or not yet, but it smells beautiful and much more pineapple/citrus than smoke! Surely, amazing. New signature

I haven't really gotten a confirmation on whether it is real or not yet, but it smells beautiful and much more pineapple/citrus than smoke! Surely, amazing. New signature
    It didnt seems like you were asking it just seemed like you were reporting that you bought a bottle.
    Its real of course.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    It didnt seems like you were asking it just seemed like you were reporting that you bought a bottle.
    Its real of course.
    Oh, thank you. Nice to have some peace of mind. Truly is great
    Top 5 Fragrances
    Aventus
    Dior Homme
    Encre Noir
    Dolce and Gabanna The One
    24 Gold

Default Anyone seen a Creed bottle like this?

Here is an item that is up on ebay for 5 more days. Based on the pictures the tube is shifted to the side like i have never seen in other creed bottles. Do creeds have a consistent tubing in ther bottles or do they vary a lot form time to time?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VETIVER-Orig.../390774737974?

Default Re: Anyone seen a Creed bottle like this?

Hi!
    We'll move his to the Creed Queries thread.
    Thank you!

also the liquid seems clear, and the bottles that i have seen in the stores are lightish green in color.

I emailed the official CREED store here in the UK, and asked them for the current batch numbers of Aventus they were currently selling before I committed to a purchase.

This was their reply..
    Good morning Lee,

We are aware of the comments regarding Aventus on various websites.

Maybe the best explanation for this phenomenon is that Aventus, like all Creed scents, is composed of a very high proportion of natural oils which will vary somewhat in odour from batch to batch.

This is due not to any deficiencies in the brand, but is accounted for by different crop yields altering somewhat in odour due to terrain, temperature, level of rain fall etc; and by the subsequent maturation of these oils during the maceration process.

A perfume that is primarily synthetic will remain totally constant in smell from one batch to the next; whereas a fragrance rich in natural oils will, to a slight degree, alter its personality from one harvest to the next.

This is often regarded as part of its charm.

We only sell the most recently batch numbers imported directly from Creed in France,

I hope this has been helpful information for you.

Sincerely,

CREED Fragrances UK

Latest news on Twitter & Facebook

Default Re: Anyone seen a Creed bottle like this?

Quote Originally Posted by DAX View Post
    Here is an item that is up on ebay for 5 more days. Based on the pictures the tube is shifted to the side like i have never seen in other creed bottles. Do creeds have a consistent tubing in ther bottles or do they vary a lot form time to time?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VETIVER-Orig.../390774737974?
    Extra fake.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiak View Post
    I emailed the official CREED store here in the UK, and asked them for the current batch numbers of Aventus they were currently selling before I committed to a purchase.

This was their reply..
    Good morning Lee,

We are aware of the comments regarding Aventus on various websites.

Maybe the best explanation for this phenomenon is that Aventus, like all Creed scents, is composed of a very high proportion of natural oils which will vary somewhat in odour from batch to batch.

This is due not to any deficiencies in the brand, but is accounted for by different crop yields altering somewhat in odour due to terrain, temperature, level of rain fall etc; and by the subsequent maturation of these oils during the maceration process.

A perfume that is primarily synthetic will remain totally constant in smell from one batch to the next; whereas a fragrance rich in natural oils will, to a slight degree, alter its personality from one harvest to the next.

This is often regarded as part of its charm.

We only sell the most recently batch numbers imported directly from Creed in France,

I hope this has been helpful information for you.

Sincerely,

CREED Fragrances UK

Latest news on Twitter & Facebook
    they will probably have the U01 or W01 2013 batches, which are just as good as every other batch for the last 2 years.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*

Now now. Let's cut out the vomity milk pics out, shall we?

Back to the standard programming.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    they will probably have the U01 or W01 2013 batches, which are just as good as every other batch for the last 2 years.
    Thank you for injecting a bit of sanity in this subject, heperd. Honestly, I have yet to smell Aventus that is "bad".

I do want to take a moment to educate on the subject of natural variations. This is not from a vintner's perspective. These three items are strictly from a fragrance perspective. I hope people find these facts as enlightening as I did.

(1)

Although my areas of scientific study were not natural products, I always maintained an active interest in the subject, and worked closely with many chemists doing their studies in natural product isolation, synthesis, and bioassay. I was always fascinated by the structures of natural products, all the way from isoprene up to steroids and alkaloids. A couple of my old colleagues even went into the aromachemical industry. So over the years, I've looked at a LOT of composition data on natural extracts of all kinds. I've always found it fascinating just how variable things are. Active ingredients from a single species can vary from 0% in concentrates to shocking double-digit values in raw plant material. Scientific articles often point this out by giving two disparate examples that frame the data well.

But anybody who ever cared about this molecule....

....knows this already. Yes. Tetrahydrocannabinol is just another terpenoid. The amount varies from nil to toxic. Aromachemical content varies similarly. So I would advise people to expect no better quality control on aroma chemicals, than they expect here. (I should add that I'm not a fan of this stuff, but enough people are familiar, that it makes my point.)

(2)

There was a company bigwig from Robertet (big naturals company) at WPC (World Perfumery Congress) in 2012, who had a fantastic introductory statement in a panel discussion on what customers want in fragrance. It was one of my favorite forms of humor, the lamentation. He went into a glorious and extended recitation of all the polar opposites that people want, and one of my favorite ones was exactly this topic: people want fragrances that smells "natural", and better yet are natural, but they don't want natural variability or natural allergenicity. Hmmmmm. Sounds like people on a certain fragrance website...... what's that name???? Surely I'll think of it.....

(3)

I actually got a chance to sit down with another official from Robertet, at their booth, and he gave me a guided tour of their ylang-ylang absolutes. It was amazing stuff, but one thing struck me above all else - the uniqueness and variability of these mixtures. Their little vials of beautiful juices have labels that are covered with little numerical codes. It's obvious why. They have to keep track of this stuff. It's not all the same. Some is better, some is worse, some is more refined, some is less refined, some is newer, some is older, and every one has its own character. Clearly when you pick one particular example of any one kind of stuff, you are paying for that perfect balance that smells "just so".

He gave me some little vials to take home with me. Here is one example - about 1 mL of "Nutmeg Fraction EO Low Safrol & ME", with codes 020578 and 0009014002, and what appears to be an expiration date: 013/05/24. This stuff smells so clear - it's like somebody turned a nutmeg into some magic crystal ornament - that's how pure it smells. He also gave me two ylang samples of strikingly different character. One is clear with just a hint of animalic character - almost a perfume in itself. That one is from Nosy Be - an island off the coast of Madagascar that is known for its ylang ylang. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nosy_Be) The other is rich and complex. That one is from the nearby Comoros Islands (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comoros), which is the world's largest producer of ylang ylang. These things are, to put a fine point on it, as far apart from each other as Chanel no.5 Eau Première and Chanel no.5 EDP. To see what are likely very similar batches (*shudder*) of Nosy Be and Comoros ylang ylang used in compositions, look here:

http://www.fragrantica.com/news/Elem...scar-4015.html

It is very clear to me that if Creed is buying stuff from Robertet - which I don't think is an unreasonable thing to think - well - there may be fluctuations in availability, quality, and even aroma at the same listing and price level.

And they do sell pineapple.....

http://www.robertet.com/uk/matieres_...=p&changelg=uk

So - anyway - this is why when Creed says stuff like they did in that letter - I have no reason to be skeptical. Robertet deals in naturals, Robertet has lots of customers, Robertet says there is something unavoidable called natural variability, Creed says they use naturals, Creed says the naturals vary. If they are buying from Robertet, the mystery is solved.
    Last edited by Redneck Perfumisto; 19th February 2014 at 03:05 AM.

Just a polite reminder that publishing excerpts from emails or other private correspondence is not permitted per the Code of Conduct, 3.4.

Default Does Aventus come without batch numbers?

I just called Neimen Marcus and asked the lady what batch they have there.She gave me a 5 digit number which wasn't a batch number.I said it should be a white sticker and say lot number ending with 13 and then a few letters or numbers.She said there is no stickers,did she just look on the bottle and not the box cluelessly or is there really is no batch number?

Default Re: Does Aventus come without batch numbers?

Hi!
    We'll merge this with the Creed Queries thread in order to keep all of the info. together.
    Thanks!

Default Has anyone ever spoke to fragrancenet customer line regarding Creed batch numbers?

I might be lynched due to the fact that this thread is involving creed but im going to risk it! Question is in the title. I spoke to a fragrancenet customer support tech a little while back about dior homme on their website having the original silver stem on display. Meaning it was the vintage and most of us know that dior homme has a black stem going down into the bottle so i wasn't 100 percent sure whether i would be getting a silver or black stemmed bottle. The lady said she wouldnt know 100 percent and that would have to be inquired with the warehouse. Now i have a sample vial of aventus i got from perfumed court or fragrance net that i cant remember which one. I have bashed this because it has that smokey ash note more present than the pineapple. I have been testing it out on my skin a bit more and i am learning to like it more and more. So has anyone had any luck with feedback on creed bottle batches with fragrancenet if you have ever inquired them about it? So that i could get back to you guys and you all let me know if the batch they are currently supplying is the stronger/weaker/pineapple/smokey juice.

Default Re: Has anyone ever spoke to fragrancenet customer line regarding Creed batch numbers?

No lynching - just merging with the Creed Queries thread

Default Re: Has anyone ever spoke to fragrancenet customer line regarding Creed batch numbers?

haha! Perfect. This seems to be one of the most visited threads on here. Atleast it will be bumped and people can help me. Id hope!

They'll be along when they've finished with the other Creed threads

Default Creed MI

Hello all, long time lurker first time poster. I know this horse has been beaten to death, and yes i know i should have bought from creed or nieman marcus directly, but i decided to go with an online vendor. If you guys could help me figure out if its real or not.

LOT:LT3313Q01 (after much research, i havent seen any batch numbers starting with "LT", which has me worried.
    Ref:1112033
    unnamed-6.jpgunnamed-5.jpgunnamed-4.jpgunnamed-3.jpgunnamed-2.jpgunnamed-1.jpg

Default Re: Creed MI

Hi & welcome, basenote2013!

We'll merge this thread with the existing Creed Queries thread in order to keep all of the info. together.

Thanks!

I'd say that it looks authentic to me.. Haven't seen this paticular batch but its from 2013 so it's a pretty new batch and I've seen authentic aventus batches with LT in the first letters. Most fakes don't have a lot number on the bottle only the boxes have phony lot numbers. You also have the BB in your sprayer straw that's a good sign. Fakes smell horrible you'll know when you get one... They smell like a strong alcohol and less natural...very cloying

Quote Originally Posted by Wheredjaredgo View Post
    I'd say that it looks authentic to me.. Haven't seen this paticular batch but its from 2013 so it's a pretty new batch and I've seen authentic aventus batches with LT in the first letters. Most fakes don't have a lot number on the bottle only the boxes have phony lot numbers. You also have the BB in your sprayer straw that's a good sign. Fakes smell horrible you'll know when you get one... They smell like a strong alcohol and less natural...very cloying
    Thanks I sure hope so,I tried lookig up and down for people that have "LT" batches and couldn't find a single thing except for a few from ebay (but this wasn't a ebay purchase). My creed a aventus I purchased a few months ago also starts with LT,and was purchased from the same place as well. ::fingers crossed some more people can chime in::

Looks fine to me too by just looking at the pictures you've posted. Don't notice any of the blatant tell tale signs of it being a fake.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Looks fine to me too by just looking at the pictures you've posted. Don't notice any of the blatant tell tale signs of it being a fake.

Thanks for the look!

"Limited edition" Millesime Imperial

http://www.creedfragrances.co.uk/pro...esime-imperial

I'm assuming this "Limited edition" is just a limited edition Gold bottle design, and not a change to the actual juice?

£18 quid more than the same 120ml clear bottle just for a fancy Gold version?

Also just noticed a limited edition GIT too, £18 extra to have Olivier Creed's signature on the bottle!!
    Last edited by Zodiak; 23rd February 2014 at 09:30 PM.