Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Default Dior Cuir Cannage (2014)

I got an email from the Dior boutique, informing me that the new Cuir Cannage prive fragrance will be available in June.
    The price of the prive is going up again from 170 to 190 dollars for the 100 ml. For the 250 ml bottles the price is going up from 270 to 295.

Here is the note description for Cuir Cannage:

Cuir Cannage notes : Leather accord that runs throughtout the fragrance and is initially freshened by notes of orange blossom, and softened by floral notes of rose, jasmin, and iris.

Default Re: Dior Cuir Cannage (2014)

Had been made aware of this by Massiel from the boutique in Las Vegas also a week ago, although at the time that she told me, she was only able to share the name as she had no info about the notes. This sounds wonderful and looking forward to purchasing this later this year.

(3870)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

A floral leather!? I must try this. Thank you for the post.
    "No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel
    Currently wearing: Rose Ambre by Fragonard

Excited to try this one. Sounds very nice. Also got confirmation the price hike for the Privee line will take effect April 6th.
    Tom Ford Private Blend Splits Costa Azzurra / Mandarino Di Amalfi / Oud Wood / Tobacco Vanille / Tobacco Oud / Neroli Portofino / Noir de Noir / Tuscan Leather / Plum Japonais/ Oud Fleur / Italian Cypress HERE Selling Bruckner Aoud 1 with box HERE

Initially misread it as "Cuir Carnage" - now that would have been interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasenmann View Post
    LOL!! agree ^^^ with an advertising campaign directed by cronenberg maybe ('crash' related)??

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    I got an email from the Dior boutique, informing me that the new Cuir Cannage prive fragrance will be available in June.
    The price of the prive is going up again from 170 to 190 dollars for the 100 ml. For the 250 ml bottles the price is going up from 270 to 295.

Here is the note description for Cuir Cannage:

Cuir Cannage notes : Leather accord that runs throughtout the fragrance and is initially freshened by notes of orange blossom, and softened by floral notes of rose, jasmin, and iris.
    I think you meant to say 125 ml instead of 100 ml

Really curious how this one will turn out, notes sound something I would like and I hope that rose is prominent enough as I think it would pair well with leather if done right. I haven't heard of a floral leather being released in awhile so I'm hoping it'll be unique and a hit. I have an itch I'll enjoy this.

Not surprised about the price hike, david mentioned in Europe the prices have skyrocketed for the Privee line and was only a matter of time before prices increased in the US. Luckily it's not a substantial increase like some other brands have done (Tom Ford) but who knows how much they'll jack up the price in another few months time. I hope people get fragrances they want from the line before April.

Interesting - I am looking forward to see what this one smells like. Thanks for the heads up! Not a fan of the price hike, but it's still no where near the most expensive line, and if it smells great, it will be worth it.

Banned
    Blog Entries

A soft leather?
    Orange Blossom sounds good

Sounds pretty good. Thanks for the info.

Ooh ooh can't wait.

I also misread at first as "Cuir Carnage" - but that's a frag we'll have to wait for ELDO to do.

Looking forward to giving this one a try.
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

Quote Originally Posted by Jardanel View Post
    Ooh ooh can't wait.

I also misread at first as "Cuir Carnage" - but that's a frag we'll have to wait for ELDO to do.
    That is so funny. Surely ELdO would be the one to take that name on.
    "No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel
    Currently wearing: Rose Ambre by Fragonard

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Sounds pretty good. Thanks for the info.
    + 1

Another price hike? Wasn't there one about 6 months ago? Glad I have the ones I want, but this one sounds interesting...need to sample.
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Masque Milano Russian Tea

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Currently wearing: Sycomore (new) by Chanel

I did not know the meaning of cannage, so I just learnt it's a technique of bamboo/rattan weaving for chairs. the name has been used already for items in the Dior handbag and similar collections, so it's a case of cross-marketing.

The notes make it seem a foray into the Chanel Cuir de Russie territory. We'll see, leather oud was excellent.

As jardanel and primrose, I would have found much more interest in a "leather carnage" - a sort of overcharged bloody Rien (add blood note from Sec mag and sweet putrefaction note from Archives to 8 parts Rien, mix well, ready to kill people).

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    Another price hike? Wasn't there one about 6 months ago? Glad I have the ones I want, but this one sounds interesting...need to sample.
    It's all the same price hike actually. I had a Dior rep tell me the hike only effected certain locations earlier and on April 6th it will be official everywhere.
    Tom Ford Private Blend Splits Costa Azzurra / Mandarino Di Amalfi / Oud Wood / Tobacco Vanille / Tobacco Oud / Neroli Portofino / Noir de Noir / Tuscan Leather / Plum Japonais/ Oud Fleur / Italian Cypress HERE Selling Bruckner Aoud 1 with box HERE

Power Where You Need It

Quote Originally Posted by Nasenmann View Post
    Oh, absolutely…but I'm afraid it will be just another floral leather let's see...
    Last edited by alfarom; 6th February 2014 at 09:23 PM.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Quote Originally Posted by mikesc View Post
    It's all the same price hike actually. I had a Dior rep tell me the hike only effected certain locations earlier and on April 6th it will be official everywhere.
    I'm pretty sure they were $250, now $270. So if OP is right that's another hike to $295.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck21 View Post
    I think you meant to say 125 ml instead of 100 ml

Really curious how this one will turn out, notes sound something I would like and I hope that rose is prominent enough as I think it would pair well with leather if done right. I haven't heard of a floral leather being released in awhile so I'm hoping it'll be unique and a hit. I have an itch I'll enjoy this.

Not surprised about the price hike, david mentioned in Europe the prices have skyrocketed for the Privee line and was only a matter of time before prices increased in the US. Luckily it's not a substantial increase like some other brands have done (Tom Ford) but who knows how much they'll jack up the price in another few months time. I hope people get fragrances they want from the line before April.
    Yes sorry 125 ml...it was late night

I bought my bottles for 155 dollars in late 2012 so a price hike of 40 dollars in 2 years is ridiculous IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    The notes make it seem a foray into the Chanel Cuir de Russie territory. We'll see, leather oud was excellent.
    My first thought, exactly!

Thanks for explaining the meaning of cannage. And thanks for the info, vinramani09!
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

I bought my bottles for 155 dollars in late 2012 so a price hike of 40 dollars in 2 years is ridiculous IMO.
    It's all down to Mr Arnault. He personally buys shares in companies, (well in advance)....then his company, LVMH takes them over and he starts applying the thumbscrews and really hiking the prices way up, for his own personal profit. He is such a tight bastard that he actually tried to get belgian citizenship to avoid paying french taxes.He tried to buy a 20% stake in Hermes before trying to take over the company but it all backfired. Thank god he didn't get away with it. He has no scruples whatsoever. He is hated by the french and by all the noses who work (indirectly) for LVMH because everything now has to do with profit. Quality, craftmanship and creativity have gone out of the window.
    ...so should he.
    Last edited by david; 7th February 2014 at 08:54 PM.
    RARE PERFUME DECANTS - FACEBOOK (closed group) - Hundreds of ultra rare extraits available, including Djedi and Nombre Noir.

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    It's all down to Mr Arnault. He personally buys shares in companies, (well in advance)....then his company, LVMH takes them over and he starts applying the thumbscrews and really hiking the prices way up, for his own personal profit. He is such a tight bastard that he actually tried to get belgian citizenship to avoid paying french taxes.He tried to buy a 20% stake in Hermes before trying to take over the company but it all backfired. Thank god he didn't get away with it. He has no scruples whatsowever. He is hated by the french and by all the noses who work (indirectly) for LVMH because everything now has to do with profit. Quality, craftmanship and creativity have gone out of the window.
    ...so should he.
    Thank you for this, David. I then am that much more impressed by Mr. Demachy, who has managed to produce some really nice stuff even under these conditions (eau savage parfum in particular).
    Last edited by gtsb; 7th February 2014 at 02:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    It's all down to Mr Arnault. He personally buys shares in companies, (well in advance)....then his company, LVMH takes them over and he starts applying the thumbscrews and really hiking the prices way up, for his own personal profit. He is such a tight bastard that he actually tried to get belgian citizenship to avoid paying french taxes.He tried to buy a 20% stake in Hermes before trying to take over the company but it all backfired. Thank god he didn't get away with it. He has no scruples whatsowever. He is hated by the french and by all the noses who work (indirectly) for LVMH because everything now has to do with profit. Quality, craftmanship and creativity have gone out of the window.
    ...so should he.
    Well that makes a lot of sense, the token excuse usually is " the cost of natural raw ingredients" has gone up , which is total bullshit because a 26% price increase in 1.5 year is ridiculous.

As of January 13, 2014 this is Dior response to my inquiry about a price increase

Hello,
    We currently have no plans to increase the 4.25 oz and the 8.5 oz sizes of the La Collectio Privee at this time. *The 4.25 oz is $170.00 and the 8.5 oz is $250.00.
    Thank you for choosing Dior.
    Dior Beauty Customer Service, TH

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

^ Well those are not the new April 6th prices. Everyone who is a regular customer at the Vegas boutique got an email regarding the price increase.

So far the majority of the prive line has been excellent. This should follow suit.
    for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by catlettsl View Post
    As of January 13, 2014 this is Dior response to my inquiry about a price increase

Hello,
    We currently have no plans to increase the 4.25 oz and the 8.5 oz sizes of the La Collectio Privee at this time. *The 4.25 oz is $170.00 and the 8.5 oz is $250.00.
    Thank you for choosing Dior.
    Dior Beauty Customer Service, TH

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    By the date you are showing all the price increases had already taken place...
    RARE PERFUME DECANTS - FACEBOOK (closed group) - Hundreds of ultra rare extraits available, including Djedi and Nombre Noir.

^ Well those are not the new April 6th prices. Everyone who is a regular customer at the Vegas boutique got an email regarding the price increase.
    Right, I got the following email on Feb 5th.

"So I finally got official word. Our La Collection price increase will take effect on April 6. The $250 bottle will go up to $275 and the $170 bottle will go up to $190..."

Kind Regards,
    Massiel Cofino
    Dior Beauty Boutique Manager